ADVERTISEMENT

Still no leadership

Baxter48

Defensive Coordinator
Sep 22, 2010
Gods country
I’m not seeing any leadership on either side of the ball. The oline is soft nobody stood up and said knock your man on his ass, no wide receiver said get me the ball im open no defensive player sucked it up and made a play no timely sack or turnover in a critical situation. You have a coach go on the field and get a penalty so instead of having the ball at midfield your on your own 25. I know frost is a young coach but he and his staff need to do way better in those details, as for leadership you need to recruit those types of players

Reactions: HuskerLLM
Considering the number of mistakes they are making, I'm not sure anybody understand their own assignment, let alone someone else's, to confidently yell at his teammates. Colorado was getting sacks with a three-man rush. How confident do you think those offensive linemen were? It seems like everybody is out there thinking, rather than playing, and it is making them incredibly slow. Reminds me of Callahan's eight pound playbook.

We saw how good Nebraska could be in the first half when they flat out crushed cu. Then we saw how bad Nebraska can be when they flat out got worked.

We saw how good Nebraska could be in the first half when they flat out crushed cu. Then we saw how bad Nebraska can be when they flat out got worked.

Ain’t that the truth. Yesterday’s loss was and still is tough to swallow. This team and coaches just need more “real” time on the field. Every game is a game to learn from. Tons of film to watch for players and coaches alike for this game.
This game loss was totally on the coaches. Overtime and you call 2 run plays with a more dominant passing offense. Our coach put the weak side of our offense on the field at “do or die” time.
Why Martinez wasn’t given the ball for all 4 plays in overtime is beyond me.
Yes, it’s a team effort and the players would never blame anyone other than themselves for a team loss, Especially our QB. Martinez is first class all the way. Coach should have put the game in his best players hands when the game is on the line. It’s just that simple folks.
I like Coach Frost. I think he’s learning just like the players are... and they are learning week by week and practice by practice. Go Big Red!! Now let’s go kick some Huskies booty next week!!

Offensively we need to gel up front. It all starts there. Unfortunately that only comes with game minutes. Hang tight Husker Nation. The sky fell yesterday but I checked and it's back up today. Move foward with the team.

Ain’t that the truth. Yesterday’s loss was and still is tough to swallow. This team and coaches just need more “real” time on the field. Every game is a game to learn from. Tons of film to watch for players and coaches alike for this game.
This game loss was totally on the coaches. Overtime and you call 2 run plays with a more dominant passing offense. Our coach put the weak side of our offense on the field at “do or die” time.
Why Martinez wasn’t given the ball for all 4 plays in overtime is beyond me.
Yes, it’s a team effort and the players would never blame anyone other than themselves for a team loss, Especially our QB. Martinez is first class all the way. Coach should have put the game in his best players hands when the game is on the line. It’s just that simple folks.
I like Coach Frost. I think he’s learning just like the players are... and they are learning week by week and practice by practice. Go Big Red!! Now let’s go kick some Huskies booty next week!!
Frost said something interesting in his presser. He said he didn’t want to pass because he was afraid of a turnover. That tells me he isn’t all that confident right now in our passing game.

Reactions: Dreinhart
Have to play to win. Never play not to lose. His words have a loser's mentality. That is Scott not being Scott.
Hi

Reactions: yort2000
Frost said something interesting in his presser. He said he didn’t want to pass because he was afraid of a turnover. That tells me he isn’t all that confident right now in our passing game.
Didn't he say that about the overtime period? If so, I don't think that is an unreasonable way to think about first and second down if you have someone like Washington to run it to the outside, regardless of how Martinez is throwing. An interception would have ended the game.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Didn't he say that about the overtime period? If so, I don't think that is an unreasonable way to think about first and second down if you have someone like Washington to run it to the outside, regardless of how Martinez is throwing. An interception would have ended the game.

a touchdown pass would have ended it as well . .... for all the talk about not being afraid to fail we certainly act like cowards in crunch time

“I want our guys to make big plays, splash plays, plays that impact the game, and not worry about failing if they shoot their guns and take their chances,” ... Scott Frost

So would a fumble

He clearly is not. CSU shredded CU with the pass game. I again could not comprehend our game plan if we truly have what the coaches call a great QB.

I’m not seeing any leadership on either side of the ball. The oline is soft nobody stood up and said knock your man on his ass, no wide receiver said get me the ball im open no defensive player sucked it up and made a play no timely sack or turnover in a critical situation. You have a coach go on the field and get a penalty so instead of having the ball at midfield your on your own 25. I know frost is a young coach but he and his staff need to do way better in those details, as for leadership you need to recruit those types of players
Can't disagree with alot of what you said

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT