ADVERTISEMENT

Still a great comeback by the coaches and Pelini's groceries...

tommy was great but he is good for at least one absolute mental breakdown per game .... for how great he was and then just turn around and give the game away like that was terrible

Shanle stinkin' ticks me off. Great effort.
Please. We should have never even have been in that position to have to try and come back. Tommy may have made key plays. And he did have a hell of a football game. But he still made 5 absolutely terrible plays. Tommy is improved, but he still hasn't changed his poor decisions on the road.

tommy was great but he is good for at least one absolute mental breakdown per game .... for how great he was and then just turn around and give the game away like that was terrible

tommy was great for 8 minutes. Outside of that 8 minutes, tommy gonna tommy. "One mental breakdown"? Edit, I know he had some good throws that were dropped earlier, to say he only played great for 8 minutes isn't fair and I know that. Just frustrated.

Where was the effort the first three quarters

You have to expect growing pains and we've had them. Thankfully they turned some of those pains in to a positive and didn't go out with a whimper and gave Miami more than enough stress to eat in that game.

tommy was great for 8 minutes. Outside of that 8 minutes, tommy gonna tommy. "One mental breakdown"? Edit, I know he had some good throws that were dropped earlier, to say he only played great for 8 minutes isn't fair and I know that. Just frustrated.

i was trying to be kind ... I am not a fan of TA ... way way too many mistakes and freshman brain meltdowns for a 3rd year starter .... he absolutely gave the game away

I think you are all taking shanles tweet wrong. He was saying stick with Riley and give him a chance he's playing with kids he didn't recruit. I doubt he meant that as a diss to the kids.

Also that last throw Tommy had him and short armed the throw because he was running. If he had his feet set it would have worked. It's a though loss after an amazing effort and come back. Pelini coached teams would have packed their lunches and given up 70, so this is a good step.

A win is a win and a loss is a loss
Absolutely untrue. I was afraid we were headed for another pelliniesque blowout loss. Instead I saw a team that didn't give up in a game that was looking to get ugly. Yes it was a loss but it wasn't another embarrassment on national TV loss.

I think you are all taking shanles tweet wrong. He was saying stick with Riley and give him a chance he's playing with kids he didn't recruit. I doubt he meant that as a diss to the kids.

Also that last throw Tommy had him and short armed the throw because he was running. If he had his feet set it would have worked. It's a though loss after an amazing effort and come back. Pelini coached teams would have packed their lunches and given up 70, so this is a good step.
We are 1-2

Blaming TA for this loss is just flat out stupid.
.He brought us back with no help from his coaching staff.

Horrible play at the end no doubt.....TA has to play perfect while everyone else sucks..makes since.

Reactions: nothingkevin
Blaming TA for this loss is just flat out stupid.
.He brought us back with no help from his coaching staff.

Horrible play at the end no doubt.....TA has to play perfect while everyone else sucks..makes since.

That's right because Tommy calls the plays on both sides of the ball. He certainly had no help from the coaches.

I swear half of Nebraska fans have no common sense.

No one. But our AD is on public record stating that he evaluates a head coach on whether he wins the games that matter.

I think maybe you're taking that comment a little too far. You have to allow people time to get settled in and things built up, success doesn't just show up over night.

Reactions: dinglefritz
A win is a win and a loss
No one. But our AD is on public record stating that he evaluates a head coach on whether he wins the games that matter.

Wow, you are really outdoing yourself today with some real doozies. First, the comment that we have championship talent. And now the AD should fire Riley after his 3rd game, for going into OT with Miami. Keep 'em coming. I'm getting a good chuckle out of this.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Wow, you are really outdoing yourself today with some real doozies. First, the comment that we have championship talent. And now the AD should fire Riley after his 3rd game, for going into OT with Miami. Keep 'em coming. I'm getting a good chuckle out of this.

Last season, Nebraska had a furious comeback and went to OT with Iowa last year (except the outcome was different.)

I thought our kids showed great character and resiliency in a tough environment, but in the final analysis, I have to evaluate where Miami is.

Miami is a team whose fans are flying banners over their stadium demanding their coach be fired, and he likely will be at the end of the season.

Last season, Nebraska had a furious comeback and went to OT with Iowa last year (except the outcome was different.)

I thought our kids showed great character and resiliency in a tough environment, but in the final analysis, I have to evaluate where Miami is.

Miami is a team whose fans are flying banners over their stadium demanding their coach be fired, and he likely will be at the end of the season.
Miami is a helluva bunch more talented team than Iowa was last year and we had an established system that the kids had played in FOR YEARS under Pelini AND we had Ameer to carry our offense. We'll be fine. MOST knowledgeable pundits I read, predicted a 2-2 start or AT BEST a 3-1 start. We're basically 2 plays from 3-0. Sucks but not the end of the world. Gotta get ready for conference play.

I have to evaluate where Miami is.
Wait, so you're saying it makes sense to see where Miami (and BYU) finish the season before determining how bad these 2 losses are? There may be hope for you yet!

I hope your future posts are more like this.

With Bo, we would have lost by 20 or 30 something and would have had to watch Pelini lose all control of his temper, his bladder, and his snot.

With Bo, we would have lost by 20 or 30 something and would have had to watch Pelini lose all control of his temper, his bladder, and his snot.
I know it is fashionable to bag on Bo but you must have forgot last year's game when we had a 17 point 4th quarter lead with 9 seconds left in the game...with Bo's groceries.

The only real difference in last year's Iowa game was that we completed one pass vs throwing an INT this year. We got beat soundly for a large part of both games, but we had Ameer in the backfield last year.

We don't have the level of talent on our OLine this year either. We simply don't have the level of talent at a lot of positions this year that we did last year. We lost 2 huge difference makers at RB and DE, plus our entire OLine is not at the level of last year. Losing our fastest receiver doesn't help either.

Iowa's talent isn't even remotely on the same level as Miami. Miami is a 3-0 team that has a pretty suspect coaching staff, but their talent can never be questioned. If they had an even remotely decent coaching staff, that team is a 10+ win team.

We aren't at the level of talent that we will be able to beat a talented team that is well coached (Ohio St.), which means we don't have championship talent.

I know it is fashionable to bag on Bo but you must have forgot last year's game when we had a 17 point 4th quarter lead with 9 seconds left in the game...with Bo's groceries.

I didn't forget.
I wanted Bo to succeed.
He didn't.
And he was mfin embarrassment.
Like you.

I didn't forget.
I wanted Bo to succeed.
He didn't.
And he was mfin embarrassment.
Like you.
Ehhhhh...Bo didn't win enough games. That was the embarrassment. Today won the last three quarters by 100 yards and 17 points. Bo's groceries did fine for those three quarters. They simply weren't ready to play at the start of the game. That was an embarrassment.

Where was the effort the first three quarters
Are you people blind?!?! Miami had quit, missing starters, TDs called back and we still couldn't win. It wasn't that close. I hope you don't think it was that close or take the Neb glasses off. Or maybe you're 15 and new to foitball.

Ehhhhh...Bo didn't win enough games. That was the embarrassment. Today won the last three quarters by 100 yards and 17 points. Bo's groceries did fine for those three quarters. They simply weren't ready to play at the start of the game. That was an embarrassment.
Interesting that a PASTOR wasn't embarrassed by Pelini's unbelievably vulgar language and behavior. Only the record and scoreboard matter for you I guess. Convenient morality.

Reactions: StrongArm517
ADVERTISEMENT