ADVERTISEMENT

Steeles Preseason Top 25

I cannot remember for sure but I think he said on the radio last week that he had NU 5th in the Big 10 West, maybe 4th. Can't remember. But he did say that he may be gun shy from putting NU too high after pegging them to be his most improved team last year. He got burned by that one. Can't blame him for putting "2AM" and the boys low in the ratings this year.

I don’t see Cincinnati and Minnesota.

yeah....he needs to drop Iowa out of it and add in Minnesota. Then pretty much flip flop Memphis and Cincinnati around.

Outside that, i think all of us got burnt on our Huskers last year. I think everyone expected to see us break out in some way after finishing the 2018 season 4-2 with those 2 loses coming from OSU and Iowa for a combined total of 8 points. So I get it.

yeah....he needs to drop Iowa out of it and add in Minnesota. Then pretty much flip flop Memphis and Cincinnati around.

Outside that, i think all of us got burnt on our Huskers last year. I think everyone expected to see us break out in some way after finishing the 2018 season 4-2 with those 2 loses coming from OSU and Iowa for a combined total of 8 points. So I get it.

Tennessee is very questionable being in the top 25 which surprises me..

Reactions: huskerssalts

Iowa is loaded this year - Wisconsin needs to be looking over their shoulder as the Hawkeyes are about to pass them up.

Reactions: BC Hawk
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sa...ru-phil-steele-releases-preseason-top-25/amp/
  1. Ohio State
  2. Clemson
  3. Alabama
  4. Oklahoma
  5. Texas A&M
  6. LSU
  7. Georgia
  8. Notre Dame
  9. Oregon
  10. Penn State
  11. USC
  12. Texas
  13. Florida
  14. Wisconsin
  15. Michigan
  16. North Carolina
  17. Miami
  18. Virginia Tech
  19. Auburn
  20. Tennessee
  21. Kentucky
  22. UCF
  23. Iowa
  24. Oklahoma State
  25. Memphis

One of the interesting things for me is going to be how much LSU misses Joe Brady. Steve Ensminger returns as the Offensive co-ordinator. I wonder how much he has the "feel" for how Brady operated the passing game.

Of course Joe Burrow and Justin Jefferson are gone along with four starters from the o-line and first round pick RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire. But I think they have a lot a confidence in QB Myles Brennan and they have plenty of other talent on offense including five star 2020 TE recruit Arik Gilbert.

Take your BS to the Hawkeye board where people might actually believe you.
Actually if you have read any other pre season predictions, Iowa is pretty highly thought of. They loose their QB and two OL that went high in the draft, but they also have a grad transfer OL from Indiana that was considered their best lineman plus reserves that were young and got experience last year. On defense, they just keep replacing with no names that show up and play. Receivers and tight ends will have experience and should be decent.

Reactions: RothMatt
Several things catch my eye here.
1. ATM at #5 is a surprise. If Bama skates through SEC West they could win it all. Strength of schedule
should be very high.
2. North Carolina at #16. If Mac Brown already has the Heels this highly thought of it is confirmed we missed
boat not hiring Mac a couple different times.
3. Tennessee, Virginia Tech and Miami on the rise before us as a former also rans.

I don’t see Cincinnati and Minnesota.
There aren't many ranking that has Minnesota in it. Most still think last year was fluke. As do I. If they can prove they belong and can do in consistently they will get preseason respect. Until then, they are just Minnesota. An average to below average program.

Reactions: headcard
Several things catch my eye here.
1. ATM at #5 is a surprise. If Bama skates through SEC West they could win it all. Strength of schedule
should be very high.
2. North Carolina at #16. If Mac Brown already has the Heels this highly thought of it is confirmed we missed
boat not hiring Mac a couple different times.
3. Tennessee, Virginia Tech and Miami on the rise before us as a former also rans.

A&M is funny. Always the "darkhouse" for a natty and then they shit the bed. They basically have everything at their disposal and still shit the bed, but every Aggie I know still thinks they are as good as Bama and Clemson every year, just got screwed by the refs or something throughout the year.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
A&M is funny. Always the "darkhouse" for a natty and then they shit the bed. They basically have everything at their disposal and still shit the bed, but every Aggie I know still thinks they are as good as Bama and Clemson every year, just got screwed by the refs or something throughout the year.

They might be the most perennially overrated team to begin the season. Start out with top 10 expectations and end up with 7 or 8 wins. Only 1 double digit win season this century. Pretty weird, considering their resources.

Reactions: leodisflowers

I think Iowa will be better than Minnesota. Not as good as there fans seem to think, but better than Minnesota. I think Minnesota falls back down to earth, hard.

Reactions: huskerssalts
I think Iowa will be better than Minnesota. Not as good as there fans seem to think, but better than Minnesota. I think Minnesota falls back down to earth, hard.

oh agree, I think Minnesota will be solid but the key players they lost on defense will sting. They won’t be anything like they where last year. But same goes for Iowa....but like you, Iowa should be better then Minnesota, AGAIN. But as of now, Minnesota deserves that top 25 spot till they get knocked out of it.

ADVERTISEMENT