ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers at Bengals

Several bad calls in this game:

*Shazier's hit on the fumble he led with the crown of his helmet into the jaw. Should have been a penalty. That's when things started getting chippy.

* Burfict's hit on Brown was unnecessary and was the correct call.

* Joey Porter should have not been on the field having conversations with Bengals and Jones is an idiot but that penalty should not have been thrown.
Joey porter was out on the field tending to brown. When he was helping Brown of the field he got shoved in the back by a bengal. He stayed there to keep the thugs off Brown so he could get off the field, and pac man jones tried to punch him through a ref.

Joey porter was out on the field tending to brown. When he was helping Brown of the field he got shoved in the back by a bengal. He stayed there to keep the thugs off Brown so he could get off the field, and pac man jones tried to punch him through a ref.
I think Porter knew exactly what he was doing. Hook, line and sinker. Pac Man's tweet/video after the game is priceless. The guy just doesn't get it

The Steelers know that the Bengals have more than one loose cannon. And Porter was out there to goat them into doing something stupid. And they did. If you listened to Pacman's R-rated rant after the game, he was mad at Porter for being out there and talking sh*t. Porter wasn't just out there helping Brown.

Also, did you see the Steelers coach get flagged for trying to throw a Bengal player into the bench? I love rivalries.

Reactions: dinglefritz

Joey Porter was out there to mix it up! Bengals lost their cool but got a raw deal at the end.

A crazy, chippy game all the way. We've all seen much worse hits on players that those, but the Bengals players just seem to set themselves up for penalties. On the one hand, I love hard-hitting play but on the other hand, they have to carry themselves as professionals. They earned these penalties "yesterday"...based on their reputations for making bad decisions.

As long as dey gets respect, cuz.
The bungles are in the wrong racket. The goal is to win, make the playoffs & Super Bowl.
The "Who Dey" are stay in' home, but respected.

who%20dey-we%20dey_zps1mbvjqxb.jpg

Reactions: baseball31ne
I remember before the concussion lawsuit and Roger Goofdell turning the NFL into the sissy league, a hit like Burfict's hit on Brown would have been celebrated. I'm sure I'm showing my age alittle, but I like the current NFL less and less every week.

edit: Also, that hit didn't decide the game. Cincy going full Cincy decided the game.

Adam Shefter tweeted that Porter will be fined for engaging Bengals players on field. I'm sure that will make everything right again for Cincy.

I have a feeling that Pittsburgh going to the SuperBowl.

Not me. I don't think there is any way they beat Denver without Brown (looks like concussion protocol to me) and Roth with a wounded arm.

Rex also caught a pass and might move up ahead of Hill on the pecking order, after Hill's fumble. Game reminded me of 94 NU vs Miami, when Miami self destructed (as TO had predicted). . Cinn players were like vicious animals and deserved to lose

Reactions: huskerfan1414
It's not like the Steelers are a bunch of choirboys. I think they got pretty lucky on that TD drive where the OL smashed 55 into the ground late. But no love for either team so it was fun to watch.

I did not know at the time, that the bungle fans were throwing stuff at Rothy when he was carted away. Jheesh, that entire place is low rent as they come and how fitting that they got sent packing.

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerfan1414
Last night's game reminded me of a George Carlin skit where he said to improve football he'd let all 45 guys play at the same time, and he'd leave the injured on the field and let the Red Cross pick them up when the game was over.

Cincy is used to choking. Last night was no different than the seven other times Lewis's team has choked. This one was just a much bigger choke.

ADVERTISEMENT