ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers at Bengals

Pretty low on the entertainment scale. Not sure I can put my finger on it, but it's kind if a boring game IMO.

c2o with the finger on the
Post%20Reply%20Button_zpsq4stsi20.jpg
button tonight Cool

Burfict is psychotic. It got so bad when he was at ASU that the coach had to bench him several times just to keep him from getting personal fouls. Too bad for the rest of his team. I never thought I'd ever root for the Steelers -- until tonight.

Reactions: maplesyrup95
Love that Cincy's emotions cost them the game. Great athletes with zero brain matter!

There is a criminal element to the Bengals and tonight it got out of control. Burfect was just trying to go after people. I saw him go after DeCastro's knee instead of the ball carrier on one play. Marvin Lewis had to have known that he was out of control. It's up to the coach to take his players out of the game when they are blatantly trying to injure others.

I think this loss is on Marvin Lewis.

Not a Pac Man fan at all, but that was a pretty weak penalty on him. Burfict absolutely deserved one--and that would have given the Steelers a 50 yard figgie to win. The Jones one that made the kick a gimme, well, I didn't see anything worth 15 yards--especially in the last 20 seconds of a playoff game.

And what is Joey Porter doing out on the field anyway?

I will be surprised if anything major actually happens to anyone. That type of behavior has been ignored and promoted for so long. Only after it costs a team in the big moment will something possibly happen. Sad, sad culture.

How do you lose this game. Take the knee and run out the clock. How many timeouts did the Steelers have?

they did have all 3. should have been both hands on the ball at all times though. steelers weren't going to go down the field for a TD with landry or limp noodle ben.

Not a Pac Man fan at all, but that was a pretty weak penalty on him. Burfict absolutely deserved one--and that would have given the Steelers a 50 yard figgie to win. The Jones one that made the kick a gimme, well, I didn't see anything worth 15 yards--especially in the last 20 seconds of a playoff game.

And what is Joey Porter doing out on the field anyway?
Pac man grabbed the ref and pulled him back, and in a hostile manner. Not a weak penalty and the single dumbest thing I've ever seen a football player do.

Last edited:
I will be surprised if anything major actually happens to anyone. That type of behavior has been ignored and promoted for so long. Only after it costs a team in the big moment will something possibly happen. Sad, sad culture.
Well, for one, Burfect launched himself into a defenseless player. He'll get a big fine and suspension from that.

The Bengals have decent talent, but I think they would benefit from cutting ties with Adam "Makin' it rain" Jones and trading Burfect to the Raiders for whatever you can get for him.

As a Steeler fan, the worst part of this win is imagining what next week will hold. Big Ben is hurt. Antonio Brown probably has a concussion and I'm guessing he will be out. The top backs are hurt. The team may not score a point against Denver.

Pac man grabbed the ref and pulled him back, and in a hostile manner. Not a weak penalty and imo the single dumbest thing I've ever seen a football player do.
Why was Joey Porter out there running his mouth after Bryant was walking off?

Reactions: newAD
It's hard to know what all was being said and it's common for coaches to try to diffuse. It's simple though, stop arguing and know when to shut up and it doesn't happen. Bengals deserved to lose.

Several bad calls in this game:

*Shazier's hit on the fumble he led with the crown of his helmet into the jaw. Should have been a penalty. That's when things started getting chippy.

* Burfict's hit on Brown was unnecessary and was the correct call.

* Joey Porter should have not been on the field having conversations with Bengals and Jones is an idiot but that penalty should not have been thrown.

Reactions: RedDead
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT