ADVERTISEMENT

Status of NU Facilties?

starhusker

Walk On
Dec 2, 2004
Does anybody know if construction has started for NU 155 million dollar new locker room, strength and conditioning center, an athletic medicine facility, equipment room, meeting rooms and an outdoor practice facility? Hopefully it’s a combination off the new facilities that was built across the country like LSU, Alabama, Texas, Clemson, Oklahoma, Northwestern, Oregon, and etc. Having the top
notch facilities is a must to keep up recruiting these days.

From what I heard over a month ago they were still working on the final planning touches inside the complex..

Breaking ground was originally planned for this coming fall before the Covid 19 stuff came about....

Maybe someone else in the know could explain more in detail of this matter..

Reactions: bluenrg
From what I heard over a month ago they were still working on the final planning touches inside the complex..

Breaking ground was originally planned for this coming fall before the Covid 19 stuff came about....

Maybe someone else in the know could explain more in detail of this matter..
I thought they were ready to start demolishing track as soon as the season was over which would have been June. They could have started on new track this spring but don't recall any or much activity by devaney. Haven't been to that part of Lincoln since February

Demolishing the track might have happened but I’m unaware if it has happened..

I drove by the other day and no work has started by memorial stadium or devaney center. If they don’t start soon on the new track they will have to wait a year in my opinion. The track needed to be done by next spring.

Reactions: scarletred
Anyone know if the financial backing is still solid? A lot of money was annihilated recently.
Good question, wonder if boosters and any financial institute not giving them the money they need to build the facility? How much money have they received so far out of $155 million dollars they need?

Reactions: tpmcg
Good question, wonder if boosters and any financial institute not giving them the money they need to build the facility? How much money have they received so far out of $155 million dollars they need?

Can’t recall but I thought Moos said they already have half of it..

Does anybody know if construction has started for NU 155 million dollar new locker room, strength and conditioning center, an athletic medicine facility, equipment room, meeting rooms and an outdoor practice facility? Hopefully it’s a combination off the new facilities that was built across the country like LSU, Alabama, Texas, Clemson, Oklahoma, Northwestern, Oregon, and etc. Having the top
notch facilities is a must to keep up recruiting these days.

What the heck is wrong with your keyboard?

If I was a decision maker at NU, I would definitely put the brakes on this project until next year - I'd want to know just how big or little an impact COVID-19 is going to have on football/basketball revenues this year before I spent one dime on non-essentials.

If I was a decision maker at NU, I would definitely put the brakes on this project until next year - I'd want to know just how big or little an impact COVID-19 is going to have on football/basketball revenues this year before I spent one dime on non-essentials.

Building a state of the art football facility isn’t a non essential in the grand stem of things if we want to move forward Committing to be one of the top programs not only in the country but the B1G as well..

Last edited:
Reactions: WHCSC
Building a state of the art football facility isn’t a non essential in the grand stem of things if we want to move forward Committing to be one of the top programs not only in the country but the B1G as well..
The facility could turn out to be one giant grain storage unit for commodities that have no value, are over produced and are part of the government commodity loan program. Hope they have adequet dump pits!

Although nobody obviously knows anything for sure about the future, I think it is highly likely football and other crowd-type events will be back for the 2021 season. Probable that there will be a vaccine by then with so many under development with a speeded up motive.

Not likely to be the same though in 2020 if the season does gets happen, it will be some type of modification.

Therefore, I'd proceed with the facilities projects with an as much as normal timeline as possible.

New update..Moos said the project is being in a “pause mode” at least in terms of construction and won’t be breaking ground in June..

Nebraska is deep into the design phase of the project, Moos has recently reiterated that fundraising toward the 100 million mark in private donations has been strong despite the ongoing pandemic..

“ We’re moving very, very strongly through the design phase”...

“The conceptual design is jaw-dropping. It’s unbelievable”.

A pause would not be surprising. Unfortunately they missed out on a golden opportunity with track cancelled to get a head start with great weather. Not knowing the status of a season at all with revenue hinging on that decision would be scary for me if I were an AD or a regent.

Might be able to renegotiate the cost. As the economy tanks, there might be more hunger and competition for the job. Don't know what the design people have contracted

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT