ADVERTISEMENT

State of the Program: What are the positives?

30BringsTheHurt

All-American
Nov 27, 2004
If you've been on this board long enough you know that tomorrow we will start seeing posts about how we are all too negative and not "real fans".
To those people, please list here specifically what is positive about the current state of the program that we should put our faith in to get this turned around? Honest question, because I may be under informed and am just not seeing the positives given that I'm not on campus.

I thought the defense looked solid. They are not world-beaters, but I thought they did what needed to be done.

The O-line can't run block, the QB can't hit the broad side of a barn, the WR can't get open, and the RB can't hit a hole. Oh yeah, and the kicker can't kick.

I thought the Oline did better in pass blocking, but seemed to have regressed as far as run blocking. Martinez seemed to have a decent amount of time but couldn't do anything with it.

Our D wasn't bad. Wasn't amazing, but I didn't expect them to be.

To me, this game rested on our offensive skill players and special teams.

Reactions: BleedRed78
As another poster brought up, we finally lost in August for the first time in program history. 🥳

I thought the Oline did better in pass blocking, but seemed to have regressed as far as run blocking.
It wasn't my imagination. A legit passing QB would have been able to get the job done with the time Martinez had today. I'm not sure the receivers were consistently getting open. Because AM isn't a deep threat I think ILL put the DB's in tight coverage and dared Nebraska to try to go over the top.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
The defense was pretty good, we just have a dumbass offense that makes a defense feel like they shouldn’t play as well as they can..

Reactions: bshirt73
I can't think of a single thing we do well
What about QB development? Our 4th year starter (and team Captain) almost beat a back-up transfer from Rutgers in the FIRST game of the season playing for a new coach in a new system. Verduzco is a GENIUS, we just haven't seen it play out. It's the "long game" with the Huskers....

• Haha
Reactions: artguy68
sponge%2Bbob.gif

Reactions: CFNiteHawk85
I like Toure alot. I think he is going to be a fun addition to an otherwise bleak year.
I feel bad for him.

only a matter of time before he's cannon fodder over the middle on AM's trademarked high wobbling lobs.

yet another cautionary tale for prospective NFL'ers - maybe transfer to a school that actually sends guys to the league?

Nebraska is a great place to play and a good situation for a coach. Unfortunately the prodigal son can’t actually coach.

Reactions: JStandefer
ADVERTISEMENT