ADVERTISEMENT

starting WRs

Manning is still on the milk carton, but does not appear to be out for all of spring ball. Setting Omar aside, I'd say the most likely starters are Betts and Martin on the outside, with Toure in the slot.
Is Toure slot only or are they making sure he knows that too as needed?

Reactions: red scowl
Yes, Toure is expected to play both slot and out wide. I guess they're not confident in any other slot wr but confident in Martin and Betts to play wide. I'm sure they're more confident in Toure to play wide but want him in a position to get more touches?

Reactions: headcard
I thought I read something about the staff wanting to play him in the slot, but he could play one of the other positions as well I'm sure.

I'm excited by their potential, but after so many years of on field play not matching the hype I'm going to tamp down my expectations. Still, you gotta think that one of these days at least a couple of guys live up to the hype. What a difference it would make if the WRs resembled something close to expectation. Or the RBs did. And so on and so forth.

I do feel like poor wr play and rb play hindered qb play. Hope there is more talent in room and they perform more like 2018

I do feel like poor wr play and rb play hindered qb play. Hope there is more talent in room and they perform more like 2018
True. Let's just consider the RBs for a moment. There have been years when the cupboard was bare. And we've had years when there was maybe one or two guys, then a bunch of walkons. We currently have an entire RB room filled with scholarship guys. I refuse to believe that every single one of them is a bust.

Manning is still on the milk carton, but does not appear to be out for all of spring ball. Setting Omar aside, I'd say the most likely starters are Betts and Martin on the outside, with Toure in the slot.

Toure doesn't seem well fitted to slot, but it looks like an upgrade over last seasons corps.

True. Let's just consider the RBs for a moment. There have been years when the cupboard was bare. And we've had years when there was maybe one or two guys, then a bunch of walkons. We currently have an entire RB room filled with scholarship guys. I refuse to believe that every single one of them is a bust.
Amazingly, they all appear to be busts with the possible exception being the new true Freshman RB.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Amazingly, they all appear to be busts with the possible exception being the new true Freshman RB.
I'm still reluctant to accept that outcome. Maybe that's because I chug the Husker Kool-aid and I choose to believe the odds of at least one turning into a reliable contributor are in our favor. That said, if none of them amount to squat is that spectacularly bad luck or horrible recruiting, or both?

Toure doesn't seem well fitted to slot, but it looks like an upgrade over last seasons corps.
Apparently the staff wants him at that spot and his highlight reel indicates he has the chops for it. And Brown, Nixon and Falck will work in as well with Betts and Martin. From the LJS photos of Manning with his psn group, he looks like a damn giant. He’ll have to get his head right and compete for a spot. If he comes around, the WR group will be deep and very good.

Reactions: TarheelHuskerFan
With losing Chase, then Houston/Nance not really in the mix, then losing Fleming and Wandale, then not sure if we can ever get Manning on the field... it’s just been a really rough stretch at WR.
Need to stabilize the room. The fact that RS frosh-coming off injury-Nixon is considered a leader in the room is a great for him, but an indication of concern for the greater good.

Seems like it always sounds full of promise this time of the year. I'm just waiting until we can say that after some real games.

I'm still reluctant to accept that outcome. Maybe that's because I chug the Husker Kool-aid and I choose to believe the odds of at least one turning into a reliable contributor are in our favor. That said, if none of them amount to squat is that spectacularly bad luck or horrible recruiting, or both?

That's a damn good question sir. I wish I had a decent answer to it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT