ADVERTISEMENT

Starting to sweat a bit - recruiting

PAOK

Walk On
Dec 10, 2008
The official visits list is looking nice and strong......except....at CB.

We have to land the ONE we have visiting this weekend. Then we need to go out and find some more. Our WR depth has been addressed nicely, but we can't go 2 recruiting cycles with barely any true CB recruits.

What do you guys think?

Also, going over last year's list and this year's it looks like we have a log jam at TE. Any ideas on what we are going to do with them all?

We have both Palmer and Clark visiting this weekend and the JUCO Williams will play Nickel/Dime. I'm pretty confident the staff will address CB, but it might take this cycle and next before the depth chart looks like you would want. I also wonder if guys like Butler and Anderson will end up back at CB.

Reactions: CatColumbia
We have Lee, Anderson, Jackson, Bootle and Stovall. Each of these guys have 2 or 3 years left to play. There is enough talent there to field good corner play. It is true that we need to address corner recruiting, but probably a bigger factor in improved CB productivity would have DL and LB play that makes the QB nervous on more passing plays.

Also, going over last year's list and this year's it looks like we have a log jam at TE. Any ideas on what we are going to do with them all?
I'm guessing Cameron jurgens ends up playing linebacker and not tight end

He's an athlete
Played wildcat quarterback
H back
Tight end
And linebacker for Beatrice
He's a 4 star for a reason
He stays healthy he may be a top linebacker in future years

That was one of the positions that Frost mentioned was lacking in numbers when he got here, so one would think that they are attempting to do something about it.

Reactions: headcard
We have Lee, Anderson, Jackson, Bootle and Stovall. Each of these guys have 2 or 3 years left to play. There is enough talent there to field good corner play. It is true that we need to address corner recruiting, but probably a bigger factor in improved CB productivity would have DL and LB play that makes the QB nervous on more passing plays.

I hope you're right about there being enough talent. The only person out of that group I thought even looked competitive in coverage on a semi-regular basis was Bootle. He still got beat his fair share of times and had limited reps.

I don't think the scheme did Jackson any favors, because given his size I would think he should really be up in the WR's grill and knocking him off his route. (Like Richard Sherman, who I know is a great player, but the point is they are similar size).

Anderson--never saw him.

Lee? Yikes.

Stovall--barely saw him, and from what I recall it wasn't good.

But that was last year, and last year's D was atrocious. I do expect considerable improvement with the new staff, but CB is definitely my biggest area of concern.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Clark isn't coming this weekend now and Palmer just got an offer from ND.

The official visits list is looking nice and strong......except....at CB.

We have to land the ONE we have visiting this weekend. Then we need to go out and find some more. Our WR depth has been addressed nicely, but we can't go 2 recruiting cycles with barely any true CB recruits.

What do you guys think?

no maurice washington??? heard he canceled

ADVERTISEMENT