4. Shields
5. Pitchford

then after Biggs' suspension is up.

1. Biggs
2. Gallegos
3. Pettaway
4. Shields
5. Pitchford

Agree. With Rivers and Webster getting lots of playing time off bench.

Agrees. If that happens, line-up will be Biggs, Gallegoes, Webster, Sheilds, and Pitchford, with Rivers and Petteway first off of bench.

If you look at talent/potential then I would think Biggs, Gallegos, Webster, Shields, and Pritchford will be the starters but I have to assume that won't be the case as that line-up is awefully small at 6-0/6-2/6-3/6-6/6-6. If I think rebounding as being important then Biggs (6-0), Gallegos (6-2), Shields (6-6), Petteway (6-6), and Pritchford (6-10) are likely to start with Parker, Webster, Rivers, and Smith rounding out the bench players (still not a big line-up).

From some comments by one of the players, Webster will start early and play a lot. I just hope he's here for more than 1 year.

While I do not disagree with your predicted starting lineup, it's interesting to note that 3 of them did not play for NU last year (although 2 were redshirts), and 1 (Shields) was a true freshman. Gallegosp only player with more than 1 year game experience. Kind of summarizes the state of the program when Miles took over as head coach!

I agree with the Petteway addition. For me the lineup is Webster, Gallegos, Petteway, Shields & Pitchford. Smith, Rivers, Biggs and Fuller/Hawkins should see plenty of time also.

I think people are selling Biggs short. He is the best penetrator on the team, he is gonna play a lot. I think Webster is gonna play a lot in that combo guard role.

Originally posted by balkdog:
I think people are selling Biggs short. He is the best penetrator on the team, he is gonna play a lot.
I will be you that he doesn't play in the first 3 games.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

I believe the PG position will be decided on: (i) who can defend at the point; and (ii) who is the best facilitator of the offense. If those are the criteria then I see Biggs as being the better fit this year. I believe Webster plays alot (just like Rivers) but see him spelling Gallegos alot and then replacing Biggs when the offensive output runs slow. I'm struggling to see where the other two true freshmen fit in on this team this year (other than a couple minutes a game).

At one forward spot I don't think Petteway at 6-6, 200 is going to start over Smith at 6-8, 255, team captain or not.

TP may get minutes at guard too so his versatility will be used by Miles.

The starting lineup for FGC will be:

Webster
Gallegos
Petteway
Shields
Pitchford

Smith, Rivers & Parker will all get plenty of playing time.

Good points on the other true freshmen. The kid from Texas maybe should redshirt but Fuller can shoot, even though rough night versus UNK.

He may not start but play 18-20 minutes a game and make it worth it by providing an outside threat.

Ray has been suspended for the first 2 games.

Line up will most likely be,

PG: Webster
SG: Petteway
SF: Shields
PF: Smith
C: Pitchford

Also Hawkins is out indefinitely with a fractured foot.

Jordan Tyrance has left the team due to personal reasons.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT