ADVERTISEMENT

Starting 2B in 2015?

Reveles. Edrington will be back at short. we'll be fine.

note: losing kelly obviously hurts, but we're not going to completely drop off the map here. offensively and defensively overall as a team we'll probably be about the same or a little better.

This post was edited on 6/10 4:40 PM by Kleitusbpn

To add to what i said there... I'm not trying to freak out and say that kelly was a bad player. we are definitely going to miss him. but ... realistically... we're losing two starters offensively/defensively. One didn't get drafted. The other -- while admittedly a very good player -- was not so good as to be a debilitating loss overall. 12th round draft picks who are juniors are quality players.

We obviously won't be as good at 2b, but center should improve by a decent amount (boldt looks like he could hit .400 as a junior... next step would be somewhere in between there and .311 where he was as a freshman). Darby should be better. I honestly think Christian Cox will be a decent player next year (similar numbers to boldt this year maybe better). There will be other players step up (and some regress, but i have a little faith in the coaches as they've proven the ability to get offense on the field).

We might lose some runs on offense because we play a tougher schedule, but the offense should be about the same or better.

The pitching is what worries me. Kubat and Sinclair will be good... if kubat's arm cooperates at the start of the year. The other 2 starters (Sunday, midweek) need to show up. We need two or three bullpen arms badly (and probably 5 or so overall including the 2 extra starters) between the last two recruiting classes that looked a lot better on paper than they have on the field so far (obviously one hasn't played yet).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT