ADVERTISEMENT

Stanley Morgan Jr misdemeanor drug possession?

Not smart, but not a huge deal either. I'm guessing they both get suspended a few games.

Dunno what's hard about it, fellas. You wanna play ball then don't smoke weed. You wanna smoke weed anyhow then 1) Smoke in the privacy of somebody's home and 2) Don't do it when you have a test coming up.

Not super sure what's hard about all that.

It's things like this that will undeservedly get Riley on the hot seat. We're turning the corner recruiting wise but our schedule the next few years is brutal. Hopefully everyone can keep things in perspective

Reactions: dockentwo
Our freshman receivers better grow up fast. Outside of DPE we have nothing in the way of experience now. This is one of those players we just could not afford to lose.

It's things like this that will undeservedly get Riley on the hot seat. We're turning the corner recruiting wise but our schedule the next few years is brutal. Hopefully everyone can keep things in perspective
Because having to suspend players will cost the team games you mean?

If he was in the state to the left of Nebraska nothing would have happened. Non-issue, nothing to see here folks.

Also, "police saw Morgan's Mazda sedan with Nebraska plates fail to come to a proper complete stop as it exited a 7-Eleven at 3:41 p.m on May 6th." Must have been a slow day for the police.

Reactions: FTC_21 and SC_'sker
I agree that this (hopefully) shouldn't have much of an impact to the season, assuming it's a 1 or 2 game suspension, but for a guy who going into his senior year looks like a possible draft pick, the lack of judgment will likely cost him a few bucks.

I agree that this (hopefully) shouldn't have much of an impact to the season, assuming it's a 1 or 2 game suspension, but for a guy who going into his senior year looks like a possible draft pick, the lack of judgment will likely cost him a few bucks.

I'm thinking more along the lines of run some stadium stairs or sit out the first quarter against Arkansas State. One or two games is a bit much.

He should vacationis Colorado instead of Florida. I don't care what anyone says it frickin illegal. Not sure I want a kid that thinks so little of his team. Just me.

Reactions: baseball31ne
I'm thinking more along the lines of run some stadium stairs or sit out the first quarter against Arkansas State. One or two games is a bit much.

I hope you're right, and don't strongly disagree with your thoughts, my point is that it is likely more of a financial impact for Stanley than it is a big W-L impact for the 2017 Nebraska football team.

He is going into his junior year, iirc

Looks like he was charged with a misdemeanor..

"But prosecutors charged the case as 'possession of cannabis not more than 20 grams', making it a misdemeanor."

Think he's going to have to be suspended for at least an entire game, but some people seem to be assuming that he's gone from the team, and that seems way over the top.

If he's kicked off the team this would be a travesty of epic proportion. Didn't Reilly get a DUI and nothing happened? Drinking while driving = Fine Possession of a plant that's never killed anyone = Bad

Reactions: scarletred
ADVERTISEMENT