ADVERTISEMENT

Stanford Locker Room?

I don’t disagree. It was definitely classless. But it was also not intended to be seen by the world either.

Still classless, but I blame the ncaa for tweeting it.
Whether it was intended to be seen by the outside world shouldn't matter. It should never have been there in the first place. Blaming the NCAA is essentially saying that the only thing Stanford did wrong is they got caught. The NCAA was just interested in tweeting out a picture from their locker room. They didn't realize what was there when they took the original picture, and then deleted it when it was discovered. I don't blame them at all. Stanford unintentionally revealed to everyone who they are-that is their fault, not the NCAA's. None of Stanford's apologies changed who they are-their lack of class was displayed for all to see. Again, not the NCAA's fault.

Reactions: OzzyLvr and nwualum
Whether it was intended to be seen by the outside world shouldn't matter. It should never have been there in the first place. Blaming the NCAA is essentially saying that the only thing Stanford did wrong is they got caught. The NCAA was just interested in tweeting out a picture from their locker room. They didn't realize what was there when they took the original picture, and then deleted it when it was discovered. I don't blame them at all. Stanford unintentionally revealed to everyone who they are-that is their fault, not the NCAA's. None of Stanford's apologies changed who they are-their lack of class was displayed for all to see. Again, not the NCAA's fault.
Again, I agree that it never should have been on the whiteboard to begin with. It shows a lack of class and blatant disrespect.

Having said that, this is what happens in locker rooms throughout the country, without question. Stanford just got caught and had to apologize.

Doesn’t make it right, I’m not suggesting that what they did was ok. But what’s done behind closed doors with the expectation that it won’t see the light of day, well, I’m not as surprised to see something like this. When I thought Stanford tweeted it I was more upset. I thought it showed that not only were they classless, but they didn’t care that the world could see their classless behavior, which ticked me off even more. Knowing it was sent from the ncaa removes that thought.

It doesn’t make Stanford more classy now that I know the ncaa sent the tweet, they are still classless in all this.

The white board was done by one of the most politically correct universities,had Nebraska done something with the Stanford mascot on a white board with something that looks like a gun( yes I know it's a hair dryer) and flipping the bird. We would have been ridiculed badly. Or even worse, I could see these do Gooder going after coach cook
Actually if you look a little closer, every female in the world knows blow dryers don't have a trigger

Back on topic... the problem I had with the whiteboard is simply this. Respect. Show respect to your opponents. If you put this on a whiteboard in a private setting, fine. But don’t let it see the light of day.

It’s classless to me and I would say the same thing if it was in the husker locker room disparaging Stanford. Keep it private. Tweet a different celebratory picture. Erase the whiteboard before snapping the photo. I don’t care. But if you let it see he light of day, expect some backlash.

I get it that a lot of you are fine with it. Fair enough. But the above is why it bothers me.
you missed some of our FB team antics through the years. However, I agree with your sentiment

ADVERTISEMENT