ADVERTISEMENT

Staff changes in season

headcard

Nebraska Legend
Feb 2, 2005
For teams that have done this recently, what has the timing been? I know Minnesota let their DC go midseason in 2018 and Wisconsin did the same with their OL coach. We’re those announced Sunday? Monday? I think this needs to be done now, but thinking no news is bad news.

For teams that have done this recently, what has the timing been? I know Minnesota let their DC go midseason in 2018 and Wisconsin did the same with their OL coach. We’re those announced Sunday? Monday? I think this needs to be done now, but thinking no news is bad news.
I think our problem is if Austin needs to go then there’s really no one lined up to take on that duty? I think they have GA OL guys, but not sure how qualified anyone else would be to pick up that group mid-season.
Verduzco could leave easy, but I don’t think Adrian’s “stats” are pointing that direction. However, not maximizing A-Mart’s potential seems so intertwined with what Verdu tries to do with him.

Several teams have done this. Louisville went through several OL coaches in one year at one point. If someone's obviously failing at his job, I don't see what good it does to keep him there even one week longer than you need to. It's absurd to me why we think we need to keep someone like Austin or Verduzco until the end of the year.

I think our problem is if Austin needs to go then there’s really no one lined up to take on that duty? I think they have GA OL guys, but not sure how qualified anyone else would be to pick up that group mid-season.
Verduzco could leave easy, but I don’t think Adrian’s “stats” are pointing that direction. However, not maximizing A-Mart’s potential seems so intertwined with what Verdu tries to do with him.
Bring in a high school OL coach for all I care. Don't think we could do much worse than Austin.

True. I was thinking more make room for Busch to be full-time ST coach.

Just let it ride. Trev can fire the entire offensive staff after Thanksgiving, but hopefully keep on some or all of the defense. That's tricky though. They will all likely be gone. Clean slate

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT