ADVERTISEMENT

Sr's left to decide

headcard

Nebraska Legend
Feb 2, 2005
Which Sr's still haven't decided on returning? I don't recall hearing anything from:

Honas
Stille
Culp
Falck

Have any of these guys announced? Are we waiting on anyone else?

Which Sr's still haven't decided on returning? I don't recall hearing anything from:

Honas
Stille
Culp
Falck

Have any of these guys announced? Are we waiting on anyone else?
I thought I read that Falck is coming back. I think he might be a guy who actually wants to get a graduate degree paid for. Smart move if that's the case.

I'm not a Frost apologist, but in fairness to him the guy has been dealt a tough hand, and forced to deal with a slew of bad breaks. That several key seniors are allowed to return feels like something important finally breaking his way. We need it more than most teams. I just hope it translates to improved play on the field.

Culp please come back

coaches: please stop scheming for short kickoffs
If Kelen Meyer from Ord can do what he did in high school, we'll probably aim for touchbacks this year. Another reason for optimism. From the 40-yard line, he had 79 of 82 touchbacks. He may not have to add much, if any, length to his kickoffs from the 35, and he'll have this spring and summer to work on that.

He's actually one of the reasons I'm cautiously optimistic about next year. Meyer alone could help solve most of the field-position problems we've had in the recent past. Punter Daniel Cerni, injured last year, can also be a large part in improving field position. Of course, turnovers play a large part in that as well.

I'm not a Frost apologist, but in fairness to him the guy has been dealt a tough hand, and forced to deal with a slew of bad breaks. That several key seniors are allowed to return feels like something important finally breaking his way. We need it more than most teams. I just hope it translates to improved play on the field.
Frost has shown zero improvement.... his DC has though Chins deserves a raise pry should ask for part of Frosts. We hired Frost for his offense he's been absolute failure, especially at 5+ million a year.

Frost has shown zero improvement.... his DC has though Chins deserves a raise pry should ask for part of Frosts. We hired Frost for his offense he's been absolute failure, especially at 5+ million a year.

No more pay raises or extensions to anyone until they earn it, meaning at least make a bowl game.

If Huskers.com bios are correct, that's 14 players returning on defense who started last year, accounting for 72 of 88 potential starts (11 players times 8 games):
Returning
  1. Daniels (3 starts)
  2. Robinson (7)
  3. Rogers (1)
  4. Domann (8)
  5. Nelson (8)
  6. Tannor (8)
  7. Reimer (5)
  8. Honas (7)
  9. Taylor-Britt (7)
  10. Dismuke (8)
  11. Williams (7)
  12. Newsome (1)
  13. Farmer (1)
  14. Henrich (1)
Still to Decide:
Stille (8 starts)

Gone:
Bootle (8 starts)

Last edited:
If Huskers.com bios are correct, that's 14 players returning on defense who started last year, accounting for 72 of 88 potential starts (11 players times 8 games):
Returning
  1. Daniels (3 starts)
  2. Robinson (7)
  3. Rogers (1)
  4. Domann (8)
  5. Nelson (8)
  6. Tannor (8)
  7. Reimer (5)
  8. Honas (7)
  9. Taylor-Britt (7)
  10. Dismuke (8)
  11. Williams (7)
  12. Newsome (1)
  13. Farmer (1)
  14. Henrich (1)
Still to Decide:
Stille (8 starts)

Gone:
Bootle (8 starts)

Miller gone too.

Reactions: 9and4

We hired Frost to win ball games. He's got two more years. Moos will be fired halfway through 2022 if there is no improvement in that metric. What metric was that? WINNING.

Reactions: HuskerO
ADVERTISEMENT