ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Practice Notes: Practice #1

Brian Rosenthal@GBRosenthal

By practicing today, this counted as a practice week per NCAA rules so coaches were able to meet with players in meetings all week, Frost said.

Sam McKewon@swmckewonOWH

Practice No. 1 of the Scott Frost era is in the books. Frost said he liked the energy of the workout and said his staff is ahead of where it was a few years ago. Team had meetings all week

Scott Frost on seeing WR Stanley Morgan in action: "Stanley’s a real guy. It was fun to watch him run around and catch balls today. He’s what we want in this offense. He’s taken over a leadership role and done a good job with that." #Huskers

8:54 AM - Mar 16, 2018

Sam McKewon@swmckewonOWH

Practice No. 1 of the Scott Frost era is in the books. Frost said he liked the energy of the workout and said his staff is ahead of where it was a few years ago. Team had meetings all week

Seems like a fantastic idea. I feel like there has to be a downside to the meetings all week deal. Do they have to lose some time elsewhere?

@DrPetey15

Frost was asked about some of the older guys on for the #Huskers and whether they were taking up leadership roles.

Mentioned Foster, Stoltenberg and Morgan, but Frost also mentioned Ben Stille.

Said on the radio last week, I expect Stille to be big this year. He's hungry.

@PhilBergmanTV

#Huskers RS Fr. and former @EastSpartans Chris Walker was seen wearing a white jersey when walking off the practice field today.

He played OL last season but when he signed with Nebraska he stated his goal was to play defensive line.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Brandon Cavanaugh@eightlaces

Most of the #Huskers football team was ready to practice at 4-4:30 a.m. today according to head coach Scott Frost.

"The guys took to the style of practice that we’re going to have really well. A lot of details that still need to get fixed but that was good effort and intense.”

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Seems like a fantastic idea. I feel like there has to be a downside to the meetings all week deal. Do they have to lose some time elsewhere?
They are on SCHOLARSHIP to play football for the University of Nebraska. I did not play football. I did not have a scholarship. I worked two jobs while going to school and carried an average of 15 hours per semester. I learned discipline and time management. Yes I did manage to have some fun times. I am sure discipline and focus will be learned by this group of football players and will have a free education that will carry them a long way in life that the majority of college students don't get.

Last edited:
They are on SCHOLARSHIP to play football for the University of Nebraska. I did not play football. I did not have a scholarship. I worked two jobs while going to school and carried an average of 15 hours per semester. I learned discipline and time management. Yes I did manage to have some fun times. I am sure discipline and focus will be learned by this group of football players and will have a free education that will carry them a long way in life that the majority of college students don't get.

I think he is asking about practice time...if they lose that.

A leader stepping up. What a novel idea. Great idea at that. TO would heartily agree!

What do mean they won't give it back?
We should fight them.
Same thing happened during the 2016 Games in Rio. I think it still shows up with the British flag because the Paralympic Games are still going on. Once the Paralympic Games are over, the #GBR should go back to normal.

Reactions: saluno22

Not what I meant at all.

Spring break starts this Monday
When I heard they were doing practice on Friday then spring break started, I was thinking that really seems pointless. Frost said he did it that way 1. So they could count is as a full practice week and have meetings. 2. So kids know how hard they are expected to work and maybe wont go so crazy during spring break. lol Doubt that will work, but it was a good thought process.

ADVERTISEMENT