ADVERTISEMENT

Spring game

I am reading that by April there will be millions of cases of Corona Virus in the US. Universities are shutting down classes left and right. I highly doubt there is going to be a public Spring game this year in Lincoln. That is sad since I had planned on coming to it this year for the first time in decades.
I would be shocked if a Spring Game attended by fans happens. Michigan and Ohio State already cancelled their Spring Games. Seems like it would be a good idea to have a televised game with no fan attendance.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
I would be shocked if a Spring Game attended by fans happens. Michigan and Ohio State already cancelled their Spring Games. Seems like it would be a good idea to have a televised game with no fan attendance.
IF this virus gets running through the football team we won't have to worry about a spring game because they'll cancel practices entirely. It might already happen.

I'd hate to see NU cancel games...

I have my own mask and I'm willing to camp out at work if needs-be. My work is more important than the alternative.

Keeping people safe and helping to do so, doesn't change.

People need to stop treating this like a "if we don't go on with our lives the terrorists win" situation

Reactions: saluno22
People do need to calm the F down. It is a serious situation and I am not downplaying it whatsoever, but the paranoia fear is way overblown. Chill out and quit treating this like the apocalypse. Listen to what the health experts says and not the media. Work with the facts and not the hysteria surrounding the situation.
Actually I think the media has been pretty even keeled with this thing. That said the reaction of our average Walmart shopper has been way over the top. Hoarding hand sanitizer and toilet paper? Really people get a grip. Sure stock up on some dry goods and things for the freezer but one guy bought a whole case of hand sanitizer at Menards in my town the other day.:(

Actually I think the media has been pretty even keeled with this thing. That said the reaction of our average Walmart shopper has been way over the top. Hoarding hand sanitizer and toilet paper? Really people get a grip. Sure stock up on some dry goods and things for the freezer but one guy bought a whole case of hand sanitizer at Menards in my town the other day.:(

One minute of viewing on a certain 3 letter network who I won't name but if you scramble their letters it contains nnc last night before I got grossed out leads me to disagree with you.

Eh... I don't know.. Most of the local media I am watching out here they are making too many personal opinion statements vs. keeping to the facts. Could be just the little I am taking in though.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Moos says that the Spring Game is still on and open to the public. Of course that could change, but the AD isn't willing to return all the loot received for spring game tickets just yet.

Reactions: TheBeav815
Hard to imagine any sporting event going off for a few months...sooner or later somebody is going to get Moos to realize the legal ramifications of somebody getting corno and trying to take dear old NU to the cleaners.

Spring Game being outdoors is no small matter.

This thing is going to circulate like flu and norovirus do and all the paranoia in the world isn't going to stop the idiots who think "stay home if you're sick" doesn't apply to them. Or people who can't afford to miss work, don't get paid sick time, can't afford a doctor visit.

Wash your hands and hope the vaccines get approved quickly and cause long-lasting immunity.

Hard to imagine any sporting event going off for a few months...sooner or later somebody is going to get Moos to realize the legal ramifications of somebody getting corno and trying to take dear old NU to the cleaners.
I don't think there could be any legal liability whatsoever for NU unless a COVID-19 victim could prove that they had gotten the virus at a concession stand. Fat chance of being able to prove anything of the sort. You issue a warning that says enter at your own risk and roll with it. By the time the spring game rolls around we'll either have a handle on this IMO or it will be so ubiquitous that people will just say WTF and go anyway.

Edit add: Finally a voice of sanity from Bill Moos. Online classes at a school with no evidence of community transmission. Cart before the horse.

Last edited:
Reactions: WHCSC
I say don’t cancel the spring game. Just play it to an empty stadium on television. People act like the program doesn’t owe the fans, but it does. especially this program. This program is in serious debt to its fans for its support. Put it on BTN for us to watch, get us hyped. The football program needs some boost. It’s completely flat.

I’m always excited about Nebraska football. Watching them on Saturdays use to be the highlight of the week, now it’s been the low point of the week. The spring game is the only time we’ve had to really be optimistic of the program. It’s fun to watch.

No spring exposer to the program is bad for business
Come April and no sport that whole time. I think people would happily take the spring game, streamed from a phone, in the practice facility. lol

Which is really stupid since the number one way this stuff spreads is through aerosolized particles in the air from breathing. So all those trips to Menards and Walmart to horde stuff may just be the dumbest thing you could do.

Which is really stupid since the number one way this stuff spreads is through aerosolized particles in the air from breathing. So all those trips to Menards and Walmart to horde stuff may just be the dumbest thing you could do.
Well my area has only had one case and that kid acquired either in Lincoln at the state tournament or in the hospital in Omaha. They're not sure which. That said, I suspect there are people walking around my little town shedding the virus with no clue they have it. Hell I could be one after flying home from Houston last weekend. I'll know within a week I guess. I'm just really careful about what I do and keep my distance from folks as much as possible. Hand sanitizer in my pocket when I go in a store and I use it at appropriate intervals. More worried about my wife flying to Boston to get my kid from Harvard over the weekend but I couldn't persuade her to let me drive out. sigh. Dr.s think they're immortal.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
No college should have a spring game open to anyone but the team and staff. I would not be surprised if the season gets cancelled itself.
This thing will have reached every corner of the country by then and there will likely be ubiquitous enough population immunity to allow normal activities. IF I were elderly though and hadn't been exposed yet, I would be staying home from stuff still.

Reactions: WHCSC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT