ADVERTISEMENT

Spring game weather 49 and 70% chance of rain

Weather can change very fast in Nebraska in the next 6 days as we all know...

Wait till Thursday and we will have a better idea.

Reactions: TFrazier
Last edited:
Reactions: huskerfan1414
Weather can change very fast in Nebraska in the next 6 days as we all know...

Wait till Thursday and we will have a better idea.
You're absolutely right. It might be better by Saturday. It could also be 35 with 40 mph winds and ice pellets the size of quarters. This morning, April 15th, I shoveled 2 foot snow drifts here in SE SD. Worst April I can remember.

You're absolutely right. It might be better by Saturday. It could also be 35 with 40 mph winds and ice pellets the size of quarters. This morning, April 15th, I shoveled 2 foot snow drifts here in SE SD. Worst April I can remember.

Haha...me too. Close to Brookings and the snow just never stops. Even in April! It's really something......

For me it's never been about the price of a ticket. It's been about the massive amount of douche nozzles in the fan-base that bought max tickets to try to make a few extra bucks, off of a spring game. For some, it may be about the price and I hope they are able to go.

Surely you wouldn't pay more than double for a glorified scrimmage when it is live on BTN and you have a handful of kids with you.

I know I won't and I hope the ones that are selling them so outrageously eat them.

Reactions: cecilB and WHCSC
For me it's never been about the price of a ticket. It's been about the massive amount of douche nozzles in the fan-base that bought max tickets to try to make a few extra bucks, off of a spring game. For some, it may be about the price and I hope they are able to go.

Just not going to stop beating that drum, are you?

I'll probably have an extra that I'll give away to someone and I'm sure I won't be the only one. If you want to go you'll be able to grab a free ticket.
Thanks, but I’ve never understood the appeal. After participating in many spring practices in years gone by, I for one wouldn’t walk across the street to watch a spring fb practice . Have fun all you zealots

It was a direct response to a post. I’m not sorry that you are a douche nozzle.

C'mon man, this isn't the first time you've come across scalpers. They've been around since the beginning if time. Why let it irritate you so much? There are a lot of us that aren't going because we don't have tickets.

If I come across some, I'll even send them your way. How many are you looking for? I have a buddy who knows one of the players very well. I'll ask him.

So you played for Nebraska?
In front of a sold out house?
No, different program. So why post here- I grew up going to games beginning in 1971 until college, live in Nebraska now.

Thanks, but I’ve never understood the appeal. After participating in many spring practices in years gone by, I for one wouldn’t walk across the street to watch a spring fb practice . Have fun all you zealots
For some it's a good cheap way to show the kids football in Memorial Stadium without having to sit there for 4 hours. I really enjoy the spring game. Not really because of the game but because me and my 3 boys (ages 3, 6 and 8) are going to drive up from Wichita on Friday. Stay in a hotel, swim, go out to eat and just hang out. Saturday we'll get up, walk around the stadium and watch 2 or 3 quarters of the game and then drive back. My oldest doesn't mind sitting through a game on Saturday in the fall, but my 2 younger ones have no desire to stay in one spot for 4 hours but they still like to go to Memorial Stadium so this affords them that opportunity without breaking the bank.

We get to watch our Huskers for cheap. Mom gets a free night to herself without the kids. It's a win win.

C'mon man, this isn't the first time you've come across scalpers. They've been around since the beginning if time. Why let it irritate you so much? There are a lot of us that aren't going because we don't have tickets.

If I come across some, I'll even send them your way. How many are you looking for? I have a buddy who knows one of the players very well. I'll ask him.
This is entirely different. If you can't see it then you can't see it.

The players more likely only get enough for their own family’s.... I’m going to laugh at some of those scalpers if they sell any tickets for $15 or more.

Reactions: cecilB
For some it's a good cheap way to show the kids football in Memorial Stadium without having to sit there for 4 hours. I really enjoy the spring game. Not really because of the game but because me and my 3 boys (ages 3, 6 and 8) are going to drive up from Wichita on Friday. Stay in a hotel, swim, go out to eat and just hang out. Saturday we'll get up, walk around the stadium and watch 2 or 3 quarters of the game and then drive back. My oldest doesn't mind sitting through a game on Saturday in the fall, but my 2 younger ones have no desire to stay in one spot for 4 hours but they still like to go to Memorial Stadium so this affords them that opportunity without breaking the bank.

We get to watch our Huskers for cheap. Mom gets a free night to herself without the kids. It's a win win.
That sounds fun and enjoyable all around! Enjoy.

I shouldn’t of posted ‘I don’t understand the appeal’. I personally don’t get it, but do understand that many do, and I don’t begrudge them.

Some post are better off not replying to, but the vortex of message boards sucks one in. Have fun.

Reactions: bootleg11 and WHCSC
The players more likely only get enough for their own family’s.... I’m going to laugh at some of those scalpers if they sell any tickets for $15 or more.

This is a classic case of people scalping that made the classic scalping mistake...they waited.

Sort of had to didn't they? The tickets were only delivered in the past 10 days or so. I, for one, am not buying a ticket from a guy without getting the actual ticket.
You know, I guess I am not sure. I know a lot of people seemed to be selling them awhile ago so I thought some had a physical ticket early...I might be wrong. I used to get mine about 3 weeks ahead of time but that was a few years ago.

This is entirely different. If you can't see it then you can't see it.

I guess I'm just used to there being scalpers at pretty much every event where there is $$ to be made. It sucks, but I guess I'm so used to it that it doesn't bother me too much.

Shoot, I am glad for the scalpers...tickets are now cheaper than they were two months ago! #Capitalism #Supple&Demand

I look at it this way. It's all about having fun. I've been to many spring games(practices) we tailgate, see old friends, take the kids, or grandkids and just have fun. Why berate someone for that? I don't understand some people.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT