ADVERTISEMENT

Spring game time!!

Gamer. This is actually some of the best news from this game. If we have a stud runner, it takes SO much pressure off the QB.
He was probably the biggest surprise of the game after I saw posts here earlier doubting his skills. Other performances like Raiola and the receivers were expected. On the other hand I expected to hear more from Banks. BUT as always, performances in the Spring one way or the other often don't mean much for Fall.

He was probably the biggest surprise of the game after I saw posts here earlier doubting his skills. Other performances like Raiola and the receivers were expected. On the other hand I expected to hear more from Banks. BUT as always, performances in the Spring one way or the other often don't mean much for Fall.
Wasn’t Banks held out?

It is criminal that this team is practicing on grass which allows them to get in the habit of executing maneuvers on grass surfaces that when performed on turf tears up their joints.
If you practice on grass and then play/scrimmage on turf you are asking for injuries.
At best this is pure ignorance, at worst, negligence.
Feel sorry for the kids - they deserve some degree of competence from the people who are supposed to be leaders

Rz2OmrA.jpeg

I was at the game...

DR is the best and it is not really close.
Lots of guys seemed to get hurt.
That kicker from Westside sort of sucks

O street bars, kind of lame. Barry's was hopping as usual.
A lot of people are scared to acknowledge DR is going to be the starter. Which is fine. The Huskers have mentally scarred me too. He's smooth, obviously has a big arm, and was looking downfield to make plays. Plays which he can make. Lloyd and Barney are going to put up huge numbers.

It is criminal that this team is practicing on grass which allows them to get in the habit of executing maneuvers on grass surfaces that when performed on turf tears up their joints.
If you practice on grass and then play/scrimmage on turf you are asking for injuries.
Feel sorry for the kids - they deserve some degree of competence from the people who are supposed to be leaders
Star Trek Who Farted GIF - Star Trek Who Farted Funny GIFs

There needs to be a slap my head or dumbest emoji

Reactions: dinglefritz
A couple of thoughts after being at the game…

Massive credit to Heinrich Haarberg. He looked markedly better throwing the football today.

Raiola was better. Not perfect, but he looked like the top QB. Honestly, with his gait, his size, how he runs. his number - he physically reminds me of Pat Mahomes. Not kidding.

I love, love the thought of lining Haarberg up next to Raiola, or lining him up in the slot, or otherwise using him like Taysom Hill. Let defenses freak out with both of them on the field.

Massive credit to Heinrich Haarberg. He looked markedly better throwing the football today.

Raiola was better. Not perfect, but he looked like the top QB. Honestly, with his gait, his size, how he runs. his number - he physically reminds me of Pat Mahomes. Not kidding.

I love, love the thought of lining Haarberg up next to Raiola, or lining him up in the slot, or otherwise using him like Taysom Hill. Let defenses freak out with both of them on the field.
I enjoy how Dylan manipulates space. He has that feel for the game, slides over in the pocket, rolls out, extends away from danger, etc.

Let me guess. It’s Trev Albert’s’ fault.

Last edited:

HH was inconsistent with his accuracy. He got away with a couple of bad throws and had some other nice ones. Neyor looks good. Long striding big target who glides. He looks like he’s hardly moving yet he’s running by DBs.

I love DR's quick release. And I'm sorry there's no way to be diplomatic about this, but this isn't even close. There is no QB competition at all. Raiola is leagues ahead of the other two guys.

It's actually only on this board do I see people being somewhat respectful of the race. Everywhere else, it's DR. I reserved my opinion until I saw them in action in the spring game. And now that I have, yeah. Dude. Yeah it's DR. And I guarantee you Rhule already knows that. He's just not going to say that publicly.

I love DR's quick release. And I'm sorry there's no way to be diplomatic about this, but this isn't even close. There is no QB competition at all. Raiola is leagues ahead of the other two guys.

It's actually only on this board do I see people being somewhat respectful of the race. Everywhere else, it's DR. I reserved my opinion until I saw them in action in the spring game. And now that I have, yeah. Dude. Yeah it's DR. And I guarantee you Rhule already knows that. He's just not going to say that publicly.
IF it's purely on passing it's no contest. Haarberg though does give you a facet to the offense that Raiola doesn't. He showed that on one play and if not for the no contact on QBs could have picked up several more first downs on scrambles. Raiola looks like the guy but I'm sure glad HH stuck around as a backup because Kaelin needs to redshirt. The odds of Raiola getting through the whole season without an injury aren't great. We would be in big trouble without Haarberg on the roster.

One thing to remember is that the D was playing without multiple starters. That made Raiola's job alot easier. I did like the way he was able to go through some progressions and get the ball out quickly and accurately with a rusher in his face. Very poised in this scrimmage. We'll see what he looks like on the road against blitzes.

No don't think so. Rhule ruled out McCord before Raiola committed. The problem was McCord's Dad making demands and Rhule didn't want to deal with a father like that.
I don’t think that’s what happened. Another dad made demands and McCord isn’t here. 😉

we need to quit replying to the clown. Just report him. He gets his kicks getting responses.
I reported him, but only because he's not any good at what he's trying to do. Good trolling is an art form, it's nuanced, intriguing, captivating and entertaining. Red Mick has become a caricature of a bad troll who doesn't care anymore. He's boring, and that's why I reported him.

IF it's purely on passing it's no contest. Haarberg though does give you a facet to the offense that Raiola doesn't. He showed that on one play and if not for the no contact on QBs could have picked up several more first downs on scrambles. Raiola looks like the guy but I'm sure glad HH stuck around as a backup because Kaelin needs to redshirt. The odds of Raiola getting through the whole season without an injury aren't great. We would be in big trouble without Haarberg on the roster.

One thing to remember is that the D was playing without multiple starters. That made Raiola's job alot easier. I did like the way he was able to go through some progressions and get the ball out quickly and accurately with a rusher in his face. Very poised in this scrimmage. We'll see what he looks like on the road against blitzes.
Rhule also said White did not blitz as much as in the other scrimmages. This practice was to highlight the QB's and make them look good. The defense was very vanilla.

Rhule also said White did not blitz as much as in the other scrimmages. This practice was to highlight the QB's and make them look good. The defense was very vanilla.
You can never take too much away from Spring games. It's always an artificial situation staged for fans and recruits. That's why the second scrimmage is the most important one.

You can never take too much away from Spring games. It's always an artificial situation staged for fans and recruits. That's why the second scrimmage is the most important one.

QB stats from the game; combined Red and White team's stats

DR 16-22-1 239 yds ( 15 yds/Rec), 2 TD's, 64 yds Long pass

HH 8-13-0 163 yds (13 yds/Rec), 2TD's, 61 yds Long pass

DK 9-16-1 91 yds (10 yds/Rec), 0 TD, 26 yds Long pass

DR with the most amount of attempts, tied for most interceptions, tied for the most TD's, +3 on longest pass
DK with the second amount of passes, tied for most interceptions, last in TD's, -37 yds for longest pass
HH with the least amount of attempts, last in interceptions, tied for the most TD's, -3 for longest pass

The second scrimmage has DR and HH with 99 yd TD drives.

I'm sorry, but I do not see DR's dominance. Is he leading? Who knows? People want to see what they want to see. This reminds me of AM2 and the orgasms he gave everyone. One has been in battle, one has not. In the beginning, I would start with the vet and let the pup get experience. Let the better man win on the field of battle.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT