ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Game Tickets

Antwill

All-American
Dec 18, 2004
Are there any available other then from Stub Hub, etc.? Can't find them on the university website.

TIA

I have been eating up all the talk about "good on good" and "mat drills" and "practicing like you want to play" and "first and foremost we are going to be a tough team", etc. If they don't tackle to the ground and return kicks during the Spring Game I will be disappointed. If they play stupid music in the background and the coaches stand behind the formations I will feel I have been lied to for the past several months. I hope this staff understands that regardless of what the rest of the country does, we Nebraska fans look at the conclusion of spring practice as a "game" and not "the last practice". It would be great if they played ones on ones in the first quarter.

I have been eating up all the talk about "good on good" and "mat drills" and "practicing like you want to play" and "first and foremost we are going to be a tough team", etc. If they don't tackle to the ground and return kicks during the Spring Game I will be disappointed. If they play stupid music in the background and the coaches stand behind the formations I will feel I have been lied to for the past several months. I hope this staff understands that regardless of what the rest of the country does, we Nebraska fans look at the conclusion of spring practice as a "game" and not "the last practice". It would be great if they played ones on ones in the first quarter.
It should be a spring game like we had under Bo. Tackling the whole time for sure. If you watch Rhule’s Baylor spring games, their QB did not even wear a special jersey, although not sure if he was allowed to be tackled or not.

Friends and I will be there, getting a hotel in the Haymarket and getting trashed in celebration!

Reactions: SkerInCo
Matt Rhule does another thing Frost never did. He reads the message boards to get a pulse for husker nation. So I expect the spring game to be 1 offense vs blackshirts.

If they make them available to the public, I highly recommend upgrading to Club seating. It's a whole different world up there, and for not much extra.

Reactions: scarletred
Theyll tackle. A 4 win team that hasnt had a winning season in6 years with anfirst year HC has nothing to lose from injuries.

Frost had nothing to lose and everything to gain last year too but he was too stupid.

Reactions: bshirt73
Everyone get their spring game tickets from huskers.com? I got 4 yesterday. First time I have felt a desire to attend the spring game in a long time. Not afraid to admit that I had a warm, fuzzy feeling down there in my nether regions when making the purchase.

I did not get tickets but I will be down there. It the weather is nice, it will be the most rocking atmosphere in 5 years.

Reactions: blackbones
Everyone get their spring game tickets from huskers.com? I got 4 yesterday. First time I have felt a desire to attend the spring game in a long time. Not afraid to admit that I had a warm, fuzzy feeling down there in my nether regions when making the purchase.
I got 10, one of my brothers got 10. It was first thing yesterday morning. SS, row 17, so I’m pretty F’n stoked. If the weather is crappy, it’ll end up being a donation, so I’m hoping the weather is at least fairly decent.

Has the format been announced yet. I haven't heard where Rhule said if there's going to be tackling.

Has the format been announced yet. I haven't heard where Rhule said if there's going to be tackling.
There are a Hell of a Lot of things to do before you get to that point. He’s been a little busy recruiting since he’s been here. Now, him and his staff can evaluate the players that have already been here and see what they have. Who will they keep? Who needs a new home, out of Nebraska, or in a new position.
Then it’s on to how quickly they pick up the new systems.
Obviously, we hope to see the most game-like practice we can see. Ultimately, it’s another freaking practice.
I would expect tackling, but there’s plenty of other stuff before we get to that.

Last edited:
Albert's said recently it would be "football."

It wouldn't shock me to see the QB's with green jerseys, though.
I hope it looks and is timed just like a real game,..but part of me would also find it super funny if it didn't look like a real game.

Anyone think it would be weird to be a fan of a team that doesn't really have a "spring game"

Like, there are only about 20 schools that get good/great attendance and turn the spring game into a party.

Anyone think it would be weird to be a fan of a team that doesn't really have a "spring game"

Like, there are only about 20 schools that get good/great attendance and turn the spring game into a party.
Chickenhawks don’t have a spring game.Just a final practice with special team drills from what a friend of mine told me who is a Ioway fan..

I think is was the music and dancing in practice that started the decline....then someone said they have a new niffy machine that would replace tackling.... next thing you know the spring game turn more into a gay bar scene..
then we witnessed throwing the bones on a 5 yard Indiana gainer, followed by a hammer time dance.
last year it seemed they called rampart if someone scuffed a painted nail.

it's a good thing, rhule will be bring back the game of football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT