ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Game Stories

huskeraddict

All-American
Dec 4, 2007
Would love to hear if anyone had neat stories from the spring game. I have a small one - I already mentioned in a thread how impressed I was with Zach Darlington - not only did he play well, but he was one of the last husker players on the fence talking with fans and signing autographs for the kids, he spent enough time with everyone who approached him that it didn't feel like he was just trying to get out of there (which of course they all are - and I don't blame them!).

The other guy right there near him was Alex Lewis - and he couldn't have been any nicer to my nephew who patiently and shyly waited to get him to sign his football. He was being very gracious and kind with the fans, taking pictures and what not. Small thing, but it made my nephew's day - who came all excited to get autographs, but Kenny & Ameer's line was too long and there are a lot of kids who are much more 'seasoned' at pushing through people and getting autographs on the sideline. For my nephew just a couple sigs from players that took the time to talk to him made his first spring game very special.

Side note: I always remember going on the field after the spring game - do they not do that any more? or not this year because of the extra large crowd?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.