ADVERTISEMENT

Sports Illustrated Profiles Mickey

Not a problem for Auburn
Not to be argumentative, but why in the hell would any coach in their right mind even think of coaching there? You are Bama's ugly step sister and an alumni and boosters who think Bama is the ugly step sister. No coach will ever last more than 2 years there. Freeze now how generational money at Liberty so his great great grand kids are taken care of. Auburn will never be the program they think they are.

Not to be argumentative, but why in the hell would any coach in their right mind even think of coaching there? You are Bama's ugly step sister and an alumni and boosters who think Bama is the ugly step sister. No coach will ever last more than 2 years there. Freeze now how generational money at Liberty so his great great grand kids are taken care of. Auburn will never be the program they think they are.
Freeze is 1 of 3 guys who beat Saban in back-to-back years

your mistake is thinking that highly successful coaches think the way a loser would

I don’t know if satan has the energy to keep going if he can’t dominate the field, looked dejected after lsu loss. If he retires soon, bama may hire a dud and open the door for auburn.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I'm remembering 19-0 and the ball was snapped to Frost when he was looking from one side to the other.

ASU had a helluva team that year and was hellbent on some revenge after NU threw a late TD pass the previous year in Lincoln.

In hindsight, that was about the only dim moment during that 94-97 run.
The loss to Texass in the 1996 Big 12 championship game was another dark moment in the 94-97 run. The 1997 Missouri game would have been a dark moment had Davidson not made that catch.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Saban isn’t going to coach forever and Auburn will be just fine

Reactions: BleedRed78
That last quote is what really seals the deal for me with MJ. That’s leadership and that’s a man who knows what it takes. A man with vision. He knows we have resources. He knows he can recruit. And he knows what Nebraska can be. All he has to do is flip the roster and get coaches who will support his vision and he’ll win. I know he doesn’t r have experience. And that will most certainly lose games. But he can recruit players and coaches to get more wins than losses and he can grow into the HC roll. I say roll the dice on a guy who has never done it. He’s hungry and sometimes that means more to an organization than a guy with a shiny resume.
I understand why you feel like this. I wish I had enough hope left to agree. But I dont. We've seen to many ppl say the right things and fall flat on their face. Please no more experiments. Get a proven HC and keep MJ on staff if you can.

Very lukewarm on Chadwell. I’ve seen some very questionable game management when I’ve
Watched his team. Freeze is a strong no. Freeze is a strong no. As a CEO there’s no way you should hire a guy with Freeze’s baggage.
I used to care about baggage. After so much losing I dont care anymore. I want a proven winner. Unless they are a serial killer that is.

Freeze is 1 of 3 guys who beat Saban in back-to-back years

your mistake is thinking that highly successful coaches think the way a loser would
I understand the egos of coaches and their mindset of invincibility, but the logical side of my mind goes to the insanity of boosters and alumni. I would want to stay in a program where I have stability and know what I am building I can nurture and keep going for years if not decades without the fear of one subpar season.

I am not necessarily referencing Freeze in this post, just in general. I think it would be wise for Klieman to stay at KSU for this reason. I think this is what kept Fickel at Cincinnati. There are many coaches in the group of 5 who would have decades-long successful careers if they would stay put, but the lure of fame, fortune, and huge money overrule the logical side of the brain. Solich had the perfect gig in Athens Ohio and stayed put.

They've won what, 1 or 2 natties in the past 20 years? How many have we won in that same time span?

I don't see the big deal of Auburn being overshadowed by Bama. That train will roll to an end soon enough when Saban retires.

Reactions: moralvictories
sub-buzz-782-1635188795-1.png

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT