ADVERTISEMENT

Sports Illustrated College Football’s Greatest

scarletred

Nebraska Legend
Jun 17, 2001
Back in 2016 SI made a coffee table book of College Football’s Greatest From best in their individual positions, The Coach’s, The Rivalries, The Bowl games, The Programs and Best Seasons..

The 10 Best Single-Season Teams.

1) 1995 Nebraska
2) 1971 Nebraska
3) 1972 Southern Cal
4) 1945 Army
5) 2001 Miami Fla
6) 1968 Ohio State
7) 1956 Oklahoma
8) 1961 Alabama
9) 1947 Michigan
10) 1979 Alabama

This isn’t my opinion or someone that has been discrediting Nebraska 1995 team opinion or anyone else’s opinion on this board...

Granted this book was Printed in 2016, but it shows how highly regarded Nebraska’s 71 and 95 teams were in those respectful seasons..

The 83 huskers were one of the top teams of all time

Them and 1971 Oklahoma team would be two of the best teams all-time that didn't WIN the National Title..

My humble opinion would be you have to have a unbeaten Season to be considered to have the best all time team..

The 83 huskers were one of the top teams of all time

Gawd my heart aches for that 83 Husker's team. Such an UNBELIEVABLY great team and season they had only to blow up in smokes because they got greedy and didn't want to just kick for a tie against Miami but go for 2 to make a statement.

That team without a doubt will definitely be the "Greatest team ever.... to not win a national championship". God Bless that team.

Back in 2016 SI made a coffee table book of College Football’s Greatest From best in their individual positions, The Coach’s, The Rivalries, The Bowl games, The Programs and Best Seasons..

1) 1995 Nebraska
2) 1971 Nebraska
3) 1972 Southern Cal
4) 1945 Army
5) 2001 Miami Fla
6) 1968 Ohio State
7) 1956 Oklahoma
8) 1961 Alabama
9) 1947 Michigan
10) 1979 Alabama

This isn’t my opinion or someone that has been discrediting Nebraska 1995 team opinion or anyone else’s opinion on this board...

Granted this book was Printed in 2016, but it shows how highly regarded Nebraska’s 71 and 95 teams were in those respectful seasons..
Wonder when you know who will show up and argue with his usual intemperate drivel? ;)

Gawd my heart aches for that 83 Husker's team. Such an UNBELIEVABLY great team and season they had only to blow up in smokes because they got greedy and didn't want to just kick for a tie against Miami but go for 2 to make a statement.

That team without a doubt will definitely be the "Greatest team ever.... to not win a national championship". God Bless that team.

If only there would have been an indoor practice facility back then. The couple weeks leading up to when they left for Miami might still be a record for consecutive days the temperature didn’t get over zero.

If only there would have been an indoor practice facility back then. The couple weeks leading up to when they left for Miami might still be a record for consecutive days the temperature didn’t get over zero.
I agree, but I’ll still stay with most of those guys weren’t mentally prepared they figured all they had to do is show up and they be handed the championship

Reactions: saluno22

Let’s not forget they played on the worse field there ever was for a National championship that year..

They put sand down on the field and spray painted green so it would look better for TV...

Shane Swanson once told he played 8 man football in High school and of all the fields he played on in high school, the Orange Bowls field was the worst he had ever played and he said “ and that was for the national Championship”...

Reactions: saluno22
Them and 1971 Oklahoma team would be two of the best teams all-time that didn't WIN the National Title..

My humble opinion would be you have to have a unbeaten Season to be considered to have the best all time team..
I wish in 83 that the overtime rules of today were in place. Nebraska was in complete control of the game in the 4th quarter.

1) 1995 Nebraska
2) 1971 Nebraska
3) 1972 Southern Cal
4) 1945 Army
5) 2001 Miami Fla
6) 1968 Ohio State
7) 1956 Oklahoma
8) 1961 Alabama
9) 1947 Michigan
10) 1979 Alabama

Wonder when you know who will show up and argue with his usual intemperate drivel? ;)

I’m sure it will be no time that clown will show up

I wasn't going to comment on this thread....but to find out that I live in your heads rent free was too good to ignore.

Knight in TN was right.

That is all...carry on.

RollingLaugh

The reason you can’t commit on this thread because it isn’t your opinion and it isn’t your rubbish..

Bring on your fictitious friend From Tennessee..

This post proves you’re not a Nebraska fan..

Last edited:
RollingLaugh

The reason you can’t commit on this thread because it isn’t your opinion and it isn’t your rubbish..

Bring on your fictitious friend From Tennessee..

This post proves you’re not a Nebraska fan..
I'm pretty sure Knight in TN isn't fictitious....oh, wait...he's one of my 5 other identities on here. I forgot.

He is right....but I digress.

Tell you what.....start another thread where you admit to one of the following...with no disclaimers or little hidden messages, and I'll never post a reply to you ever again, or on any thread you start. Your options are:

1) Admit that you're envious of someone that doesn't let Husker wins and losses dictate his life happiness, and that you have no way to express that envy except to lash out in anger, or.....

2) Admit that you've been trolled by the best of them in me, in that I've gotten you react so angrily to posts that merely contain a different opinion, and that I've made you come off like a nut case.

Again...no disclaimers, tricks, or hidden messages. Any of those nullifies the deal.

What do you say? Small price to pay to not have to see me reply to you or post on any thread you start, isn't it?

Let let’s do this.. How about you comment on 20 of the threads that we have on the board..

And the board can decide whether you’re a legit Nebraska fan..

Since your pounding your chest on how great you troll our fan base and so knowledgeable about our program let team decide...

Bet you won’t take that challenge on.

Reactions: Bugeater
1101831205_400.jpg

I wasn't going to comment on this thread....but to find out that I live in your heads rent free was too good to ignore.

Knight in TN was right.

That is all...carry on.

You weren't going to comment, that's hilarious. You knew that you would, as did everyone else that sees you for what you are, an argumentative, borderline psychotic who can't help himself. The trap was set, and you being you, walked right into it. Laughing

Reactions: scarletred
You weren't going to comment, that's hilarious. You knew that you would, as did everyone else that sees you for what you are, an argumentative, borderline psychotic who can't help himself. The trap was set, and you being you, walked right into it. Laughing
So, you're saying that scarletred started a thread for the sole intention of seeing if I'd make a post? That's certainly the behavior of a completely hinged, normal person.

You're right...I'm not living in yours or scarletred's heads rent free.....

I hope you caught the sarcasm.

BTW--Isn't the point of a chat board to discuss, debate, and occasionally argue?

Last edited:
Let let’s do this.. How about you comment on 20 of the threads that we have on the board..

And the board can decide whether you’re a legit Nebraska fan..

Since your pounding your chest on how great you troll our fan base and so knowledgeable about our program let team decide...

Bet you won’t take that challenge on.
I have already commented on 20 of the threads on here......and I don't really care who does and doesn't think I'm a legit fan.

Anything else?

ADVERTISEMENT