ADVERTISEMENT

Sports concession question:

A

anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi

What is the one thing you think would sell at sporting events that you rarely ever see? Mine is iced tea. A big cup of ice tea is hard to find, and I drink alot of tea. I don't drink pop, but would probably spend some change for some ice cold tea! Husker games never have it. I know alot of people are gonna say "beer", but I was curious what things besides alcohol people would want to see. Mine is tea, followed by pizza that isn't the dogfood that Valentinos puts out.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I asked this question of my wife (who is diabetic) for a different point of view and her reply was "fruit", especially sliced apples. My response would be corn dogs :)

The Clink used to have cream cheese filled jalapeño prezels. They were fantastic. I haven't seen them there in a year or so.

I make every effort not to buy food/drink while at a sporting event. I'm a cheapskate.

That being said, I do wish there were better (read: healthier) options. Unsweetened iced tea would be a great start. Maybe some type of fruit cup. I bought all-session passes for the Big Ten baseball tourney last year at TD Ameritrade Park and will be doing the same thing this season at Target Field, and the lack of healthy options is quite frustrating if you stick around for all of the games. Sneaking in unsalted sunflower seeds will only get you so far into the day.

Yeah, NOTHING says college football like a big ol cup of iced tea.
flush.r191677.gif

Am in the same boat since I quit drinking pop. Am an avid ice tea drinker vs coffee. I think Memorial Stadium like most place has the ice tea from the soda fountain (Lipton) and not the fresh brewed variety that actually tastes good. Am stuck paying three bucks for water at NU games.
This post was edited on 3/19 12:26 PM by Sooner_or_Later

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT