ADVERTISEMENT

Spoiled Brat syndrome

HuskerOH

Senior
Dec 4, 2007
El Ranchito Dominican Republic
The "As the Program Turns" mess that is unfolding before our eyes reminds me of the spoiled brat down the street you want to beat the crap out of. As bad as it is now, it's not near as bad as the tantrum being thrown by the brats that are being vocal. Their tantrum is more aggravating than the actual problem.

Calm down and allow what's been started come to fruition. It doesn't happen over night and there are growing pains that accompany any progress.

I am done now.

I agree. Unless you bring in one of the top 5 coaches in the country that can bring top shelf assistants, I like the make up of this staff.

I was watching a segment on Fox about the pros and they had Eric Mangini on there and he commented on how difficult it is to bring in new coordinators (they were talking about Atlanta's early struggles) and the effect it has on even the top tier athletes-which makes the Patriots and even more incredible story.

My point being that we have a young, talented core of assistants that I believe can get is in the top 10 within a few years. I like our D, even with their struggles, which is being done without our two top defenders.

Riley most likely won't be given a fair shake. I'll support the next coach tho. I'm not some loser fake fan who hates on nice old guys.

Riley most likely won't be given a fair shake. I'll support the next coach tho. I'm not some loser fake fan who hates on nice old guys.
Fair would be to hold him accountable in year three.
If he wins 8 he's safe, definitely 9 he is safe.
Anything less and he will be judged, and losing to NIU will be a major point of judgement.
That is what's fair. What you want is special treatment, not fair treatment.
This isn't about expecting a NC. This is about expecting noticeable improvement in year three. So far it's an F.

Reactions: ThereIsNoPlace
I'm losing count. Are there more threads complaining about the state of the program, or more Johnny SuperFan finger-waggings telling everyone else how he is the only reasonable person on the board?

I've been fortunate enough to watch:

3 National championship teams
2 Heisman winners
The greatest HC of all time
The greatest DL of all time
The greatest team of all time

I can support them and wait through this down time

Last edited:
Talented? That remains to be seen. I can’t see what would make you say that. Top 10? Lol
If you took only their recruiting prowess, our LB, WR, DL and DB coaches will be coveted by top tier schools every year. They are exactly who we need to recruit nationally as Nebraska provides very little if no talent, comparatively speaking in skill positions. Their presence will bring in the coveted 4-5 star talent required because of our shallow pool of local talent in those positions.
And if nothing else, a dominant D can get you in the top 10-Que the early Pelini years.

I've been fortunate enough to watch:

3 National championship teams
2 Heisman winners
The greatest HC of all time
The greatest DL of all time
The greatest team of all time

I can support them and wai through this down time

THIS^^^^^^^^^ X 10000... I couldnt have said it better... and for all the haters that only want to complain.... it doesnt mean we dont want the product to be better..

Reactions: Doniphan89
Just for the record, This staff does have some top talent coming in now and the recruits all say they believe in the vision of where this program can go.

Reactions: yunginsNU2
Honestly.. whats your point.. i mean seriously why do you keep posting this.. is it helping a single thing? Give it a rest already we get it you dont like him...
Helping? Ummmm...nothing on this site is helping. This is the modern version of old Cletus and Vern meeting at the Jack & Jill to have some Sanka and talk about the Huskers...it doesn't help and it doesn't hurt.

I know a big time NU booster and he told me there will be fireworks if we don’t win today! He told me he was very surprised Eichorst was fired and was caught off guard. He said make no mistake this is the Hank Bounds show.

Helping? Ummmm...nothing on this site is helping. This is the modern version of old Cletus and Vern meeting at the Jack & Jill to have some Sanka and talk about the Huskers...it doesn't help and it doesn't hurt.
Pardon me for saying this, but when I see your moniker, I tense (overstating) up a little because I don't typically agree with you.....bear with me as I have no references to say why. However, I agree with your statement.

My shallow need to respond is that is in this fickle recruiting environment, until we produce our own hotbed of recruits in Nebraska, these forums have both a positive and negative affect....hence your statement. So to me the scale is that we are in a negative overall environment all things considered.

Pardon me for saying this, but when I see your moniker, I tense (overstating) up a little because I don't typically agree with you.....bear with me as I have no references to say why. However, I agree with your statement.

My shallow need to respond is that is in this fickle recruiting environment, until we produce our own hotbed of recruits in Nebraska, these forums have both a positive and negative affect....hence your statement. So to me the scale is that we are in a negative overall environment all things considered.
I hear you!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT