"Spike" in COVID Cases!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rgrachek

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
During the last week of June, we had around 10,000 new COVID cases per day in the USA. Last week, we had an average of around 12,000 cases per day!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why is this happening???!!! Is it the dreaded DELTA VARIANT? The LAMBDA VARIANT? Is it a sure sign that the vaccines are not as effective as we thought??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the stuff we're hearing in the media and it's in most ways untrue.

Look:

We were averaging around 75,000 cases per day last July. In January, the cases were around 320,000 per day. What has changed?

1) 50% of the population has been fully vaccinated. Another likely 20% have not been vaccinated but have had COVID. This means that there are less people for this thing to bounce off of and now the cases mainly center around entire communities who have very low vaccination rates. That's why infections are way down.

2) On the other side, we are almost completely opened up now. Few people are wearing masks, the athletic venues are at full capacity, the economy is running, yada, yada, yada. That moves the needle in the other direction, but apparently only slightly.

As long as we have an open society, we're going to have this thing around to a small extent until everyone gets vaccinated or everyone who has not been vaccinated gets COVID. It's going to go slightly up and down for the next 4-5 years until we get to that point. But it's not about some new evil variant that taking over the world.

I recommend that you get vaccinated unless your doctor gives you a good reason why you should not. Not children as they are not at a significant risk from this stuff. I and all of my family has been vaccinated because we made a risk/reward decision for ourselves. Make your own risk/reward decision, but do it with your doctor and not because of something you saw on Tucker Carlson or from a blog.

taptigers_tap

Blackshirt
Gold Member
Aug 3, 2006
During the last week of June, we had around 10,000 new COVID cases per day in the USA. Last week, we had an average of around 12,000 cases per day!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why is this happening???!!! Is it the dreaded DELTA VARIANT? The LAMBDA VARIANT? Is it a sure sign that the vaccines are not as effective as we thought??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the stuff we're hearing in the media and it's in most ways untrue.

Look:

We were averaging around 75,000 cases per day last July. In January, the cases were around 320,000 per day. What has changed?

1) 50% of the population has been fully vaccinated. Another likely 20% have not been vaccinated but have had COVID. This means that there are less people for this thing to bounce off of and now the cases mainly center around entire communities who have very low vaccination rates. That's why infections are way down.

2) On the other side, we are almost completely opened up now. Few people are wearing masks, the athletic venues are at full capacity, the economy is running, yada, yada, yada. That moves the needle in the other direction, but apparently only slightly.

As long as we have an open society, we're going to have this thing around to a small extent until everyone gets vaccinated or everyone who has not been vaccinated gets COVID. It's going to go slightly up and down for the next 4-5 years until we get to that point. But it's not about some new evil variant that taking over the world.

I recommend that you get vaccinated unless your doctor gives you a good reason why you should not. Not children as they are not at a significant risk from this stuff. I and all of my family has been vaccinated because we made a risk/reward decision for ourselves. Make your own risk/reward decision, but do it with your doctor and not because of something you saw on Tucker Carlson or from a blog.
Why just throw Tucker Carlson under the bus?? I would definitely add CNN to your post. Get research from ALL sides before you make a decision.

Reactions: HuskerRick

rgrachek

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
Why just throw Tucker Carlson under the bus?? I would definitely add CNN to your post. Get research from ALL sides before you make a decision.
Tucker Carlson is just an example of the media. I personally am entertained as hell with his show and I agree with him on a lot of things, but this COVID vaccine stuff is just damned stupid. I don't mention CNN because these clowns are just reading from a liberal script and they don't have any original thoughts. They just repeat the democratic lines almost verbatim.

As far as research, I have looked at more data than you could have probably digested in 5 years.

scopeandtime

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jul 3, 2016
I honestly think we need to keep unvaccinated people out of public until either Covid disappears or they get vaccinated. If these people aren't going to respect others, they shouldn't be allowed to participate in society. A true stay at home order for unvaccinated people would end this pandemic within weeks.

taptigers_tap

Blackshirt
Gold Member
Aug 3, 2006
Tucker Carlson is just an example of the media. I personally am entertained as hell with his show and I agree with him on a lot of things, but this COVID vaccine stuff is just damned stupid. I don't mention CNN because these clowns are just reading from a liberal script and they don't have any original thoughts. They just repeat the democratic lines almost verbatim.

As far as research, I have looked at more data than you could have probably digested in 5 years.
I hear you. My wife and I have also researched this in depth.

Jhollenbeck41

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2018
I'm sure it had nothing to do with the NCAA baseball tournament and fans packing stadiums.

ScarletNCream

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2007

If you’ve ingested that much data, and the output result computes the way your posts reflect, I believe you have a malfunctioning data processing unit.

Redblooded

Athletic Director
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Springfield Missouri setting records of COVID hospitalizations, more than anytime before. It the delta variant rapidly going through the community that has a lot of unvaccinated people. Officials are calling it mass causalities. They are saying the Delta variant is very dangerous. Asking for more ventilators to try to keep up.

ScarletNCream

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2007
Springfield Missouri setting records of COVID hospitalizations, more than anytime before. It the delta variant rapidly going through the community that has a lot of unvaccinated people. Officials are calling it mass causalities. They are saying the Delta variant is very dangerous. Asking for more ventilators to try to keep up.

Weird, I was told the anti-covax problem people were black and Latino, yet I’ve driven through Springfield Missouri many times and it might be the Trump Flag with a side of meth capital of the US

Jhollenbeck41

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2018
Give me all the Delta. I'll show you it's fine.

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Weird, I was told the anti-covax problem people were black and Latino, yet I’ve driven through Springfield Missouri many times and it might be the Trump Flag with a side of meth capital of the US
Get a life dude. You always pull this garbage. There is an large area of anti-vaxxers among almost all groups with exception to Asian-Americans. They are the highest vaccinated. The media however does parrot nonsense that it's only a Trumper issue when it is an issue in most racial groups.

ScarletNCream

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2007
Get a life dude. You always pull this garbage. There is an large area of anti-vaxxers among almost all groups with exception to Asian-Americans. They are the highest vaccinated. The media however does parrot nonsense that it's only a Trumper issue when it is an issue in most racial groups.

lol well 73% of the population is white - so how about we just stick with worrying about the majority race. Trumpers are the problem, if Trumpers just got vaccinated - Covid would be gone

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
lol well 73% of the population is white - so how about we just stick with worrying about the majority race. Trumpers are the problem, if Trumpers just got vaccinated - Covid would be gone
We have you on the record as only caring about one race. Got it.

Jim14510

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2017
Douglas County has gone crazy. The 7 day average for new cases a month ago was 13. Yesterday it was 31. Thats like almost a 250% increase! There were also like 30 people currently hospitalized. We've got to get it under control.

• Haha
Reactions: HuskerCK

jbskers

Athletic Director
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I honestly think we need to keep unvaccinated people out of public until either Covid disappears or they get vaccinated. If these people aren't going to respect others, they shouldn't be allowed to participate in society. A true stay at home order for unvaccinated people would end this pandemic within weeks.
I think we should keep stupid people from breeding......

Husker Hank

College Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2009

Look:

None of my family is vaccinated.We made the same risk/reward decisions yours did. Maybe half of us have had Covid, and none needed any medical treatment whatsoever. If people haven't been vaccinated by now, it isn't going to happen, unless of course they see this thread, and it has the influence on them you must think it will.

• Haha
Reactions: taptigers_tap

Hardlyboy

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2011
It was just a month ago that Fauci said only half of the people in his office had been vaccinated. Do you suppose they're all Trumpers?

Reactions: Gonzo3705

bldhuskerred

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2003
I thought this was all a hoax supposed to go away right after the election. Thats what my Repubtard friends told me. What is going on?

nordakotahusker

Senior
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001

Did you read the article you linked?

"Around 1 hour and 40 minutes into the hearing, Sen. Richard Burr of North Carolina asked Fauci, Marks and Walensky what percentage of employees in their organizations had been already vaccinated" ( youtu.be/qW8MF98wCgs?t=8421 ).

Regarding NIAID employees, Fauci responded: “You know I’m not 100% sure, Senator. But I think it’s probably a little bit more than half, probably around 60 percent”. Then Marks said that the number for FDA employees was “probably in the same range,” although he couldn’t “tell an exact number.”

I was off a bit in saying half. Looks like he was estimating 40%. But I never claimed that they refused to take it. I said Fauci said they hadn't been vaccinated.

The linked fact check is a bit misleading to say the least. But it catches the people like you who will link it without reading it.

Hardlyboy

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2011
Did you read the article you linked?

"Around 1 hour and 40 minutes into the hearing, Sen. Richard Burr of North Carolina asked Fauci, Marks and Walensky what percentage of employees in their organizations had been already vaccinated" ( youtu.be/qW8MF98wCgs?t=8421 ).

Regarding NIAID employees, Fauci responded: “You know I’m not 100% sure, Senator. But I think it’s probably a little bit more than half, probably around 60 percent”. Then Marks said that the number for FDA employees was “probably in the same range,” although he couldn’t “tell an exact number.”

I was off a bit in saying half. Looks like he was estimating 40%. But I never claimed that they refused to take it. I said Fauci said they hadn't been vaccinated.

The linked fact check is a bit misleading to say the least. But it catches the people like you who will link it without reading it.
You missed the part where Fauci’s testimony was May 11th. Well over 2 months ago. You said 1 month ago. I’m willing to bet the % of vaccinated is significantly higher today.

Hardlyboy

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2011
WTF is the cadaver's problem? His lack of a cohesive plan in dealing with covid is allowing it to continue kill Americans. The deaths of over 200,000 are due to his utter incompetence. Time to get that demented assclown out of the White House and into the old folks home where he belongs.
Got dayum Trumpers refuse to get vaccinated. Oh well, no big loss.

Reactions: bldhuskerred

nordakotahusker

Senior
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
You missed the part where Fauci’s testimony was May 11th. Well over 2 months ago. You said 1 month ago. I’m willing to bet the % of vaccinated is significantly higher today.

I stand corrected on the date too. Time flies when you're having fun.

You never did answer the question. Do you think all of the 40% of Fauci's colleagues who weren't vaccinated well over 2 months ago were all Trumpers?

dragonraider1

Senior
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012

You never did answer the question. Do you think all of the 40% of Fauci's colleagues who weren't vaccinated well over 2 months ago were all Trumpers?
Believing anything Faucci says is more signing on with an agenda rather than concerns about your health. Political activists like Faucci have no interest in you other than your submission to forfeiting liberties.

Hardlyboy

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2011

Are janitors at the NIAID Fauci’s colleagues? I’d bet 95%+ of Fauci’s “colleagues” are vaccinated. The NIAID could employ thousands of people, I have no idea.

jbskers

Athletic Director
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I thought this was all a hoax supposed to go away right after the election. Thats what my Repubtard friends told me. What is going on?
to be fair, the dems have been pushing climate change saying you will be underwater if living by the ocean for decades........meanwhile Obama bought a house in Martha's Vineyard and even bought the old Magnum PI place in Hawaii......... I guess he's not too worried about it so sit back and relax

bldhuskerred

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2003
to be fair, the dems have been pushing climate change saying you will be underwater if living by the ocean for decades........meanwhile Obama bought a house in Martha's Vineyard and even bought the old Magnum PI place in Hawaii......... I guess he's not too worried about it so sit back and relax

You wanna buy in Miami?

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Got dayum Trumpers refuse to get vaccinated. Oh well, no big loss.
Why do you keep peddling the fraudulent claim that the Trumpers are the only people refusing to get vaccinated? Native Americans and African Americans are refusing in higher percentages.

FYI, rural people in general are seeing less reason to get it compared to people in dense cities which makes sense to some degree. I just think eventually even with living in the boondocks you'd bump into someone that would risk transferring it to you if not vaccinated.

Hardlyboy

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2011
Why do you keep peddling the fraudulent claim that the Trumpers are the only people refusing to get vaccinated? Native Americans and African Americans are refusing in higher percentages.

FYI, rural people in general are seeing less reason to get it compared to people in dense cities which makes sense to some degree. I just think eventually even with living in the boondocks you'd bump into someone that would risk transferring it to you if not vaccinated.
Fake news buddy

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Fake news buddy

You are the fakest of fake news.https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-cov...data-on-covid-19-vaccinations-race-ethnicity/

This state by state shows literally all the talking points of the left are fake.

Jim14510

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2017
Douglas County has gone crazy. The 7 day average for new cases a month ago was 13. Yesterday it was 31. Thats like almost a 250% increase! There were also like 30 people currently hospitalized. We've got to get it under control.
It looks like we're getting it under control with a decrease of 3.33% of people hospitalized down to 29 and a 6.45% decrease in 7 day rolling average cases from 31 down to 29.

Huge spike in cases today though all the way to 46 people. Thats a 58.6% increase from a week ago! Hope this trend doesn't continue.