ADVERTISEMENT

Spielman Oregon State Helmet

Actually, given our luck recently, that wouldn't surprise me.

My neurotic prediction: he transfers before ever setting foot on campus, and Frost not-so-subtly blames the toxic elements that still reside within our culture. (Somehow, someway, Sipple and the rest of the fan base then find a way to blame Riley.)

Reactions: NikkiSixx
I know that is horrible, but I really can’t go any further.

Just don’t bank on it man.

You can’t go any further because you have nothing, you are just guessing he will struggle with grades once he starts classes here at The University of Nebraska. Because the man is cleared now and will join the team come June. So your comment has nothing to do with getting qualified to make it to campus. And I’m calling it now, he won’t miss a single game due to grades. Let’s see which one of us is wrong and which one is right over his 4 year Husker career, shall we??? ;)

Last edited:
I mean the kid is qualified and signed his LOI, this talk of him being 50/50 to play at Nebraska is odd.

It’s not only odd but stupid. He’s all Husker. Dude has to be thinking of a different WR. That’s the only thing that makes sense.

Maybe he’s thinking of Keagan Johnson and we all know...he’s a dam Hawkeye. Or maybe Omar Manning and he’s close. Manning has everything else in order and now he has to complete a couple online classes and then he will be good.

Last edited:
It’s not only odd but stupid. He’s all Husker. Dude has to be thinking of a different WR. That’s the only thing that makes sense.

Maybe he’s thinking of Keagan Johnson and we all know...he’s a dam Hawkeye. Or maybe Omar Manning and he’s close. Manning has everything else in order and now he has to complete a couple online classes and then he will be good.

Or maybe he actually knows something that we don't

Reactions: dinglefritz
Or maybe he actually knows something that we don't

No he doesn’t lol, Zavier Betts has been all Huskers since 4-3-2019 (that’s over a year now). Hell, I can come on here and say anything about any one of the recruits and claim what he’s claiming and it doesn’t mean a thing.

Now his Head Coach at Bellevue West has confirmed Betts is fully qualified now and he will be joining the Husker roster in early June (first or second week of June). So no offense, dudes either thinking of someone else or he’s simply trolling. The Betts news has been all over the local papers, Twitter and internet.

“Bellevue West wide receiver Zavier Betts has academically qualified at Nebraska, according to his high school coach Michael Huffman. Bellevue West receiver Zavier Betts, the highest-ranked skill player in Nebraska's 2020 recruiting class, will academically qualify and join the team, his high school coach said Friday.” May 15, 2020

Quotes via Omaha World Herald...and link for proof

https://www.omaha.com/sports/colleg...cle_34c9b04d-7c8f-5644-a194-8f0c4f36fe65.html

Last edited:
Reactions: headcard
No he doesn’t, Zavier Betts has been all Huskers since 4-3-2019 (that’s over a year now). Hell, I can come on here and say anything about any one of the recruits and claim what he’s claiming and it doesn’t mean a thing.

Now his Head Coach at Bellevue West has confirmed Betts is fully qualified now and he will be joining the Husker roster in early June (first or second week of June). So no offense, dudes either thinking of someone else or he’s simply trolling. The Betts news has been all over the local papers, Twitter and internet.

“Bellevue West wide receiver Zavier Betts has academically qualified at Nebraska, according to his high school coach Michael Huffman. Bellevue West receiver Zavier Betts, the highest-ranked skill player in Nebraska's 2020 recruiting class, will academically qualify and join the team, his high school coach said Friday.” May 15, 2020

Quotes via Omaha World Herald...and link for proof

https://www.omaha.com/sports/colleg...cle_34c9b04d-7c8f-5644-a194-8f0c4f36fe65.html

I guess we'll see either way, so no point in getting upset about it

He’s qualified, he’s all N, but what are we not seeing? Is he going to continue to be an academic risk? Is he going to have character issues like Mo Washington or Hunt and Legrone? What are some of the other reasons he may not play for Nebraska?

At this moment he is signed, sealed and delivered. I think what Pelinithecrutch is saying is there are other reasons he may not make it long term at Nebraska.

I have zero insight, and if he’s 50/50, then there’s a 50% chance he tears it up here. That’s how I look at it if pelinithecrutch knows something the rest of us do not know.

He’s qualified, he’s all N, but what are we not seeing? Is he going to continue to be an academic risk? Is he going to have character issues like Mo Washington or Hunt and Legrone? What are some of the other reasons he may not play for Nebraska?

At this moment he is signed, sealed and delivered. I think what Pelinithecrutch is saying is there are other reasons he may not make it long term at Nebraska.

I have zero insight, and if he’s 50/50, then there’s a 50% chance he tears it up here. That’s how I look at it if pelinithecrutch knows something the rest of us do not know.

And that’s just it. Zavier Betts will be on the Husker roster come summer work outs and fall camp and practices. And that’s my guess too on what he means. The man and a few buddies of his are guessing he will struggle with grades and will either miss some games or eventually have to leave and go the JUCO route.

I don’t see that happening, Betts has been driven and a completely different student and player the last year to year and half per his head coach at Bellevue West. And if he struggles with grades, I’m sure they will have tutors dam near living with him to keep him at par like others that have struggled with grades once here (like Maurice Washington and other players like that).

Last edited:

If someone feels that way I guess they are entitled, but it’s not like we haven’t had kids from rough backgrounds or kids who struggled in HS flourish at NU before. And why in the world phrase it like he’s 50/50 to ever play at Nebraska? The whole thing was odd.

If someone feels that way I guess they are entitled, but it’s not like we haven’t had kids from rough backgrounds or kids who struggled in HS flourish at NU before. And why in the world phrase it like he’s 50/50 to ever play at Nebraska? The whole thing was odd.

part of me wonders if the man has Betts and Manning mixed up. If so, then it would make perfect sense because Omar Manning’s grades are good to go now but he needs to complete 2 more online classes before he’s good to go. So Manning is, in a sense, a 50/50 player right now. I feel the man will get those online classes done like Keem Green did but he’s still not a lock yet.

Reactions: Earn898
part of me wonders if the man has Betts and Manning mixed up. If so, then it would make perfect sense because Omar Manning’s grades are good to go now but he needs to complete 2 more online classes before he’s good to go. So Manning is, in a sense, a 50/50 player right now. I feel the man will get those online classes done like Keem Green did but he’s still not a lock yet.
No one is going to fail, manning will be here.

Reactions: huskerssalts
No, he’s talking about Betts. He seems to know a lot about Metro area teams, his statement just doesn’t make much sense, to me.

Reactions: huskerssalts
Makes no sense that he could break records here as a receiver his senior year and go some where like Oregon St and prove nothing.,,

Really thought he was having concussion issues was the reason why he was going to quit..

Tired of being coached down and losing may have something to do with it.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
well PTC while a Husker fan still enjoys trolling this board like no other..Winking

Could be that Frost didn't want him on the team in the first place. Maybe, just maybe there were other reasons behind his "vacation". I'm kind of thinking it wasn't JD's decision at all. See you later and good luck to you wherever you end up.

Could be that Frost didn't want him on the team in the first place. Maybe, just maybe there were other reasons behind his "vacation". I'm kind of thinking it wasn't JD's decision at all. See you later and good luck to you wherever you end up.

And there is NO proof in your pudding of this.:confused:

The lack of trust that some of you place in the insight of an anonymous poster on a free message board troubles me.

I don't care if we don't know if said poster is a janitor, lunch lady, bus driver, teacher, coach, water boy, or administrator and said poster names no sources nor gives out any information other than just saying stand by....have some respect for the secret information, guys....

The lack of trust that some of you place in the insight of an anonymous poster on a free message board troubles me.

I don't care if we don't know if said poster is a janitor, lunch lady, bus driver, teacher, coach, water boy, or administrator and said poster names no sources nor gives out any information other than just saying stand by....have some respect for the secret information, guys....

right...lmfao. That was my biggest point. I think I’ll listen to the Bellevue West’s Head Coach that has a direct connection with Zavier Betts and the High school over some free board poster. ;)

Last edited:
This is a make or break year for the Huskers. We have more problems to deal with other than if Betts is on the team or not.

This is a make or break year for the Huskers. We have more problems to deal with other than if Betts is on the team or not.

i definitely agree and I get your point. I’m sure the staff is focusing on all those problems and not just one player that is now qualified and set to join the team. But there’s nothing wrong with us fans chatting about it on a free Husker board my friend. It’s boring, we are in a pandemic and there isn’t much going on (well, other then the riots)...so yeah...GBR

i definitely agree and I get your point. I’m sure the staff is focusing on all those problems and not just one player that is now qualified and set to join the team. But there’s nothing wrong with us fans chatting about it on a free Husker board my friend. It’s boring, we are in a pandemic and there isn’t much going on (well, other then the riots)...so yeah...GBR
This pandemic must have been going on for the last 5 years then.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT