ADVERTISEMENT

Spielman Oregon State Helmet

HuskRecruit

Apr 1, 2018
JD Spielman just put out an instagram video with Oregon State’s helmet and the caption ‘that tuff bucket’

Appears to be the end of JD in Lincoln.

Anyone have an idea of what people don’t like about plying for Frost? I don’t see why a starter would leave for a sh*t program like Oregon St.

Most of us have moved on from JDS. No surprises for him when he went crawling back to MN.

What cracks me up is that our wash-outs always end up at Oregon St. I wonder if there was an "under-the-table" recruitment all along - go to NU or goto OSU.

Makes me flicking sick that an NU coach doesn't believe in this program and state

Last edited:
JD Spielman just put out an instagram video with Oregon State’s helmet and the caption ‘that tuff bucket’

Anyone have an idea of what people don’t like about plying for Frost? I don’t see why a starter would leave for a sh*t program like Oregon St.

His stuff is on private, so I didn't see it. So can you post it here?

Reactions: timnsun
Makes no sense that he could break records here as a receiver his senior year and go some where like Oregon St and prove nothing.,,

Really thought he was having concussion issues was the reason why he was going to quit..

Sometimes personalities clash. Nothing more, nothing less. Riley was a coach who seemed to employ a method of coddling that appealed to certain players. Frost absolutely doesn’t seem to coddle his players. Neither did The previous OC...

That’s if he even gets the waiver approved, that’s assuming he actually tries to transfer out. With the one time transfer deal not happening, he’d be in risk of losing his senior season all together and never play a down.

He did have a number of teammates that he played with that ended up at Oregon State. Maybe he’s just showing them love. Him trying to transfer this late in the process would be very very risky, if the NCAA even got to his waiver in time before the season started.

You have remember, he’s already redshirted and he doesn’t have enough credits to be a grad transfer. So he’d HAVE to get his waiver approved or lose his senior year.

Last edited:
He needs to go we’re he is happy. It would of been nice to have jd back. Good luck to him.

Life isn’t that easy. I’d be happier in other places too but I’ve made my bed just like JD made his. I guess if he’s going anywhere, I’d rather see him go to Oregon State where we’ll never hear of him again.

Players too soft and don't like the intensity of Frost as he has the 90s mentality and the players that are being vetted are Rileysoft and can't handle it.

That’s if he even gets the waiver approved, that’s assuming he actually tries to transfer out. With the one time transfer deal not happening he’d be in risk of losing his senior season all together and never play a down.

He did have a number of teammates that he played with that ended up at Oregon State. Maybe he’s just showing them love. Him trying to transfer this late in the process would be very very risky, if the NCAA even got to his waiver in time before the season started.

You have remember, he’s already redshirted and he doesn’t have enough credits to be a grad transfer. So he’d HAVE to get his waiver approved or lose his senior year.
Seems to me that I remember him and Gebbia being pretty tight. I think JD is one of the players who were upset that Gebbia got beat out.

Seems to me that I remember him and Gebbia being pretty tight. I think JD is one of the players who were upset that Gebbia got beat out.

oh yeah, he definitely has some bro’s at Oregon State. That’s why I’m saying, maybe he’s only showing OSU Beavers some love. Just taking a chance on a waiver this late in the process, man that would be very risky. But either way, IF he did and went to OSU...better there then Minnesota or a BIG 10 team.

He’s not going anywhere to play ball unless he gets a waiver from the NCAA, which is highly unlikely.

If he doesn’t play for DONU, his days of playing college bowl are likely over.

exactly. There are players that have already been in the portal, picked a team, applied for a wavier and STILL hasn’t heard a word on their eligibility yet. He’s way, way behind the ball if he wants to transfer.

That’s if he even gets the waiver approved, that’s assuming he actually tries to transfer out. With the one time transfer deal not happening, he’d be in risk of losing his senior season all together and never play a down.

I'm guessing the virus will cause a ton of immediate play-time transfers

Maybe for some trying to play close to home or in their home state, but doubtful in this case. What would be the cause and what would be the reason?

“Oh I want to play for OSU Beavers because of the coronavirus issue, even though it’s farther away from my home state”...lol.

Reactions: scarletred

Actually, the exact opposite is true. That’s exactly why the NCAA decided to place a temporary moratorium on the one time transfer waiver ...They wanted to encourage more stability during this uncertain time. Highly unlikely JD’s going to be playing anywhere other than N (and that itself is highly unlikely). he’ll probably hit the CFL, arena league, or shoot for the stars, and go for a free agent spot in the league.

He probably enjoys trolling our coaches. I dont think Scott cares too much for him. You gotta be Randy Moss to act as negative and disconnected as him and still be welcomed. He has had a negative orbit around him since Riley left, certainly not the best thing for a rebuilding culture when (arguably) your best player doesnt want to be a part of the family.

He probably enjoys trolling our coaches. I dont think Scott cares too much for him. You gotta be Randy Moss to act as negative and disconnected as him and still be welcomed. He has had a negative orbit around him since Riley left, certainly not the best thing for a rebuilding culture when (arguably) your best player doesnt want to be a part of the family.

Obviously I have no clue, but he doesn’t strike me as that type of guy. I believe he had some issues, was contemplating transferring, and then the bad timing of the Covid, coupled with the NCAA moratorium sort of screwed him. Hold no ill will towards him, just don’t want to see him at a conference/division rival...

Obviously I have no clue, but he doesn’t strike me as that type of guy. I believe he had some issues, was contemplating transferring, and then the bad timing of the Covid, coupled with the NCAA moratorium sort of screwed him. Hold no ill will towards him, just don’t want to see him at a conference/division rival...

that right there is my biggiest issue. If some how he does leave and finds away to transfer out, I just hope it’s somewhere outside the BIG 10. But I’m with you, I don’t see him suiting up for any other college football team other then the Huskers.

Reactions: Fade-To-Black
Even if here were granted some sort of insta waiver...I don't know that I'd want to be in the Pac12 during corona virus season. They seem the least likely to play at all.

They changed their tune quickly.

Hmm. The old Gebbia vs Martinez debate making a comeback? Maybe JD had a favorite that didn't win.

Mostly I hope JD's healthy and happy. It's not like the Beavers win a whole lot, but neither did the Huskers. He just needs to be sure and finish up and get his degree. No point wasting 4 years of college.

that right there is my biggiest issue. If some how he does leave and finds away to transfer out, I just hope it’s somewhere outside the BIG 10. But I’m with you, I don’t see him suiting up for any other college football team other then the Huskers.
We sure could use him to come back but if he leaves I don't care much where he goes. He's not an NFL WR.

No but we surely could use him to help us with a winning season this year and he is good enough to do just that...

I do love the sound of this for the starting lineup when we are running 4 WRs:

WR Omar Manning, WR (slot) JD Speilman, WR (slot) Wandale Robinson, WR Zavier Betts.

That would most definitely cause BIG 10 West DBs stress...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT