ADVERTISEMENT

Spielman Oregon State Helmet

Good luck JD. like the state slogan: “Honestly, it’s not for everyone.” Thank you playing tough.
We need “all in players” that really want to be here. Reminds me of a Lou Holts quote:”

“If you don't make a total commitment to whatever you're doing then you start looking to bail out the first time the boat starts leaking. It's tough enough getting that boat to shore with everybody rowing, let alone when a guy stands up and starts putting his life jacket on.”
― Lou Holtz Jr.
Fućk Lou Holtz.

FWIW, I believe this one is pretty simple. JD is back in Nebraska working with Keith Williams, Tyjon is also in Nebraska to work with Williams and brought his helmet with him. Tyreek Hill is there also.

/Story
Then Spielman isn’t retiring from football.

I imagine JD is sick of playing at an all-conference level and the team going 4-8, 4-8, and 5-7. It's time to get back to winning and playing in meaningful games.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
SSO on HuskerMax says he has made several trips to Omaha to work with KW, but has had no contact with the staff. Sounds like with online classes his hope is to knock out a bunch more classes and then hope for a Covid waiver. Just reading between the lines over there, it doesn't sound like he is coming back.

Damn, this seems true. Got my hopes up for a second.

SSO on HuskerMax says he has made several trips to Omaha to work with KW, but has had no contact with the staff. Sounds like with online classes his hope is to knock out a bunch more classes and then hope for a Covid waiver. Just reading between the lines over there, it doesn't sound like he is coming back.

No offense to the kid, but if he gets a waiver that would be a ridiculous misuse of the rule. May as well just have free agency.

Reactions: headcard
I do love the sound of this for the starting lineup when we are running 4 WRs:

WR Omar Manning, WR (slot) JD Speilman, WR (slot) Wandale Robinson, WR Zavier Betts.

That would most definitely cause BIG 10 West DBs stress...
It would but we'll be okay without JD because Scott runs primarily 11 personnel.

Reactions: huskerssalts
This will go over like the plague, but Betts is seriously like 50/50 to play football at Nebraska even though he “qualified.”

This will go over like the plague, but Betts is seriously like 50/50 to play football at Nebraska even though he “qualified.”
You’re right about how it will go over when there is nothing in your post regarding why you say this. What is the reason he may not be playing for nebraska?

You’re right about how it will go over when there is nothing in your post regarding why you say this. What is the reason he may not be playing for nebraska?

I know that is horrible, but I really can’t go any further.

Just don’t bank on it man.

Reactions: timnsun
THE STREAK!!

I do love my STREAK, and I’d like to think most people can tell the difference, but I can also say that I probably have more info on Metro kids from 4-5 schools than anyone on here. It is what it is I guess.

Reactions: WHCSC
I'm seriously curious to see how this plays out. If he goes anywhere other than Nebraska, it's a dumb move IMHO.

Reactions: scarletred
I do love my STREAK, and I’d like to think most people can tell the difference, but I can also say that I probably have more info on Metro kids from 4-5 schools than anyone on here. It is what it is I guess.

Academic related?

If JD wants a transfer waiver he’ll get it, plain and simple.

From what I heard, they havent gotten along all that great, but the main catalyst for leaving is that SF is setting some boundaries regarding some stuff but doing it in a way that keeps it between them. “Mental issues” is PR.

I wouldn’t rule out JD coming back, but I doubt it. Really have no idea what his dad is telling him or what a cool-down period can do for his thought process.

Also as a side note he’s a great player and has the talent and ability to get a good look in the NFL. Smh.

If JD wants a transfer waiver he’ll get it, plain and simple.

From what I heard, they havent gotten along all that great, but the main catalyst for leaving is that SF is setting some boundaries regarding some stuff but doing it in a way that keeps it between them. “Mental issues” is PR.

I wouldn’t rule out JD coming back, but I doubt it. Really have no idea what his dad is telling him or what a cool-down period can do for his thought process.
What makes you think he would get a waiver? There is no basis what so ever. Spot on with everything else.

Last edited:
Most logical answer here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT