ADVERTISEMENT

Spielman Oregon State Helmet

Maybe for some trying to play close to home or in their home state, but doubtful in this case. What would be the cause and what would be the reason?

“Oh I want to play for OSU Beavers because of the coronavirus issue, even though it’s farther away from my home state”...lol.
I hope they snuff out these transfers. Emotional hardships could be argued for almost anyone at this time. JD would have friends in OSU

Some of you guys are pitiful. This kid brought it, played his ass off, and took a beating. Like I said some time ago, if this kid leaves knowing he would hold every recieving record at Nebraska it's a really bad look.

As far as the debate on him being one that was in the Gebbia corner, the rumor was that a ton of the guys flat out thought Gebbia was the better guy and lost out. With the way guys have left and the so called culture around the program the last two years you really have to wonder.

Some of you guys are pitiful. This kid brought it, played his ass off, and took a beating. Like I said some time ago, if this kid leaves knowing he would hold every recieving record at Nebraska it's a really bad look.

As far as the debate on him being one that was in the Gebbia corner, the rumor was that a ton of the guys flat out thought Gebbia was the better guy and lost out. With the way guys have left and the so called culture around the program the last two years you really have to wonder.

Actually what’s pitiful is you popping in and judging anyone in this thread. Most are wishing him luck on what ever happens. But here you are, trying to flip as if we are all hating on him.

Last edited:
You're definitely one of the ones I'm referring...

Quote me big boy...go back, find a post of mine hammering on him or talking bad about him and quote me. Since I’m one of the ones your talking about. ;)

here’s a hint, you won’t find anything from me on hammering the man or talking crap on him. The worst I said was I hope he ends up outside the BiG 10 IF he transfers out and that’s nothing bad.

Quote me big boy...go back, find a post of mine hammering on him or talking bad about him and quote me. Since I’m one of the ones your talking about.

On which thread noob? You think Nebraska is still a top tier program right now and it's got major flaws all around it. Quit being a damn fool...

On which thread noob? You think Nebraska is still a top tier program right now and it's got major flaws all around it. Quit being a damn fool...

you popped in on a high horse, claiming we are all hating on JD Speilman. Then you claim I’m definitely one of them...so again, go back in this thread and find anything bad that I said about JD.

Noob? Lol, I been on here since Callahan was coach and I’m 40 years old. Definitely no noob. But hey, keep trying to hate my man. Again, you’re the pitiful one and you are definitely not flipping this to a completely different subject.

Reactions: Fade-To-Black

Don’t ruin the conversation with insults, we all know where we stand in the college football rankings. Fact is JD is not a transformational player on this team and the ones that I have seen transfer out so far are not on the national stage as premier players.

Thank you for joining in RRT.
how close is he to breaking those WR records anyways? He can’t be to far off, is he?
Spielman needs like 200 yards to become the all time leader in receiving yards in a career. 20 more catches and he would be the all time leader in that department!

Reactions: bigredhunter
Oregon State could start Gebbia, Tyjon Lindsey, and Spielman. Caleb Lightbourn and Avery Roberts also transferred to OSU. If I'm remembering correctly, Frost blocked OSU as an option for Greg Bell.

Wrong. His dad is a general manager of Vikings. He can & will make Vikings roster
Nepotism much? We all know who Rick Spielman is. That doesn't guarantee he will make the Vikings roster. If he makes the Vikings because of that their will be some pissed off players on that team.

Last edited:
Players too soft and don't like the intensity of Frost as he has the 90s mentality and the players that are being vetted are Rileysoft and can't handle it.

Really don’t buy this. I suspect Frost is trying to hold his players more accountable, but did you see some of the shots he has taken in his time? And he kept going back for more. JD doesn’t seem to be a kid that “can’t handle it.” And it is possible that Frost isn’t the second coming and may have a few imperfections of his own, which could lead to players wanting to be some place else.

Actually, the exact opposite is true. That’s exactly why the NCAA decided to place a temporary moratorium on the one time transfer waiver ...They wanted to encourage more stability during this uncertain time. Highly unlikely JD’s going to be playing anywhere other than N (and that itself is highly unlikely). he’ll probably hit the CFL, arena league, or shoot for the stars, and go for a free agent spot in the league.

Pac-12 is on a quarter system that starts later. JD could be quietly finishing up his credit load (no clue how many he needed to finish) this summer and enroll as a grad transfer.

Really don’t buy this. I suspect Frost is trying to hold his players more accountable, but did you see some of the shots he has taken in his time? And he kept going back for more. JD doesn’t seem to be a kid that “can’t handle it.” And it is possible that Frost isn’t the second coming and may have a few imperfections of his own, which could lead to players wanting to be some place else.
Frost style is much more demanding than Riley’s and Walters was much more demanding than Williams. JD never hit it off with either Frost or Walters and was very close to the last staff. It might not be fair to say he couldn’t handle it, but it clearly wasn’t his preference. Which is fine, some people want to be treated like adults and be allowed to push themselves, some want to be pushed and challenged by their coaches.

Reactions: timnsun
This whole situation sucks big time. 5 years of cheering for the guy. He ends up being as successful as we all hoped he or any other player could be. Now he may want to cut ties!!

Our program could really use some good news.

Reactions: Oldie but goodie
Sometimes personalities clash. Nothing more, nothing less. Riley was a coach who seemed to employ a method of coddling that appealed to certain players. Frost absolutely doesn’t seem to coddle his players. Neither did The previous OC...
THIS THIS THIS. Frost and MR are 2 polar opposites as far as personality and coaching style. Recruits and players have different personalities and prefer certain types of coaches. Some prefer to be pushed to their limits to achieve their very best. Some prefer to be left alone and do their own thing and do what they have to do to get by. I have a strong suspicion players recruited by MR would not be the same type of players recruited by Frost. That is probably why we saw a mass exodus of MR players after Frost took over.
As far as JD goes I wouldn't get to worked up over a simple helmet picture. He obviously still has friends going to Oregon St. Could be nothing more than him thinking the helmet was cool. Im not sure how he could even transfer. He isn't graduated and has used his RS I believe. Maybe he could apply for a medical/mental hardship waiver from the ncaa. During these stressful times they might be more lenient to accept. To MN I could see the logical side of that, wanting to be closer to home and family for "mental health reasons" To oregon st. Not sure how he could justify that would help him. Also If that is what he wanted to do, why hasn't he done it already? By know we all know he heavily considered transferring when Frost took over. Also rumors he was one of vocal guys in pushing against outside snow practices. So I guess nothing would surprised me. He could stay he could go. Either way Nebraska will be fine and move as normal.

Good luck JD. like the state slogan: “Honestly, it’s not for everyone.” Thank you playing tough.
We need “all in players” that really want to be here. Reminds me of a Lou Holts quote:”

“If you don't make a total commitment to whatever you're doing then you start looking to bail out the first time the boat starts leaking. It's tough enough getting that boat to shore with everybody rowing, let alone when a guy stands up and starts putting his life jacket on.”
― Lou Holtz Jr.

Sometimes personalities clash. Nothing more, nothing less. Riley was a coach who seemed to employ a method of coddling that appealed to certain players. Frost absolutely doesn’t seem to coddle his players. Neither did The previous OC...
Does this apply to JD though? If Frost coddled JD like Riley would have then would JD still be here?

*Assuming he's gone & will continue to play elsewhere*

Reminds me of a Lou Holts quote:”

“If you don't make a total commitment to whatever you're doing then you start looking to bail out the first time the boat starts leaking. It's tough enough getting that boat to shore with everybody rowing, let alone when a guy stands up and starts putting his life jacket on.”
― Lou Holtz Jr.
Maybe JD is jumping off the titanic :(

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
Does this apply to JD though? If Frost coddled JD like Riley would have then would JD still be here?

*Assuming he's gone & will continue to play elsewhere*
Who knows? All I know is JD seemed to love Riley and Williams, And didn’t care for Frost and Walters. I would say my original post stands... different personalities and they didn’t mesh well.

Reactions: headcard
Who knows? All I know is JD seemed to love Riley and Williams, And didn’t care for Frost and Walters. I would say my original post stands... different personalities and they didn’t mesh well.
I agree 100% that their different personalities didn't mesh well. I was just questioning the coddling part.

I agree 100% that their different personalities didn't mesh well. I was just questioning the coddling part.
Maybe not the right way to describe it... I don’t know. By no means was I calling JD soft, if that’s what was interpreted. I didn’t intend that at all.

I can say when I initially typed it, I wasn’t sold on the word ‘coddling’, but I couldn’t come up with a different word to use in its place.

ADVERTISEMENT