ADVERTISEMENT

Spencer Tillman.....

Didn’t he play at Oklahoma for like 14 years or so?
80's. He's probably shaking his head. But then again he witnessed ou hit rock bottom as an alum. Both programs downfall was self inflicted. Unfortunately ours was due to stupidity. Theirs from cheating

Reactions: Wyldcard
what I didn't understand is he kept saying Martinez should run the ball, which lead me to think he was thinking of a dr tom offense and not a oregon offense.
plus the fact Martinez is coming off a injury from running the ball..

what I didn't understand is he kept saying Martinez should run the ball, which lead me to think he was thinking of a dr tom offense and not a oregon offense.
plus the fact Martinez is coming off a injury from running the ball..
He needs to run the ball when he had the opportunity in front of him. He forced a pass to a WR on a play when he had nothing but green in front of him and could have run for the first down. Luckily he got bailed out by a DPI call. On the shovel pass after the interception, he could have walked into the end zone once he froze the DE. He doesn’t have to be an every down runner, but needs to run when it’s there.

He needs to run the ball when he had the opportunity in front of him. He forced a pass to a WR on a play when he had nothing but green in front of him and could have run for the first down. Luckily he got bailed out by a DPI call. On the shovel pass after the interception, he could have walked into the end zone once he froze the DE. He doesn’t have to be an every down runner, but needs to run when it’s there.
I agree, but I think the coaches drilled safety first into his head, especially coming off a injury

You are thinking of Buster Rhymes or Elvis Peacock.
When Spencer got to OU his Freshman year JC Watts was the QB 81 Daryl Sheppard, 82 Kelly Phelps and 83 Danny Bradley. Spencer had 4 different QB's when he played for OU

ADVERTISEMENT