ADVERTISEMENT

Spencer Rattler Visit

We had lots of personalities on our championship winning teams.

Trying to make your squad full of guys that get along and go along is not a winning formula in my opinion.

You have to think of it like a street fight. Who do you want on your team?

Rattler for sure would kick some ass on the field, and if he screws up, the locker room would handle it.

Frost appears to be moving toward pro style QB's so he would have been a great fit for the system.

Too bad we didn't get him.

I'd like to see this team develop a freaking attitude and get some bad ass mfs in here.

So you essentially rationalized all of his behavior. I recall everyone doing the same for Bo Pelini, how did that turn out. Look, there is a difference between being a total jerk and a humble leader, you guess which one would be best on a team.
We need a jerk but a Frazier like jerk. Frazier was matter of fact and this is the way it is.

Reactions: BleedRed78
We had lots of personalities on our championship winning teams.

Trying to make your squad full of guys that get along and go along is not a winning formula in my opinion.

You have to think of it like a street fight. Who do you want on your team?

Rattler for sure would kick some ass on the field, and if he screws up, the locker room would handle it.

Frost appears to be moving toward pro style QB's so he would have been a great fit for the system.

Too bad we didn't get him.

I'd like to see this team develop a freaking attitude and get some bad ass mfs in here.
I sometimes wonder if many on here have been on or around many teams of any kind. Sure there are lots of personalities on any teams, championship or otherwise. There is a big difference between an in your face person making sure you do things right and someone who is an outright jerk about everything and they are the only one doing things right.

There are lots of stories about how the D and O would get into fights on a regular basis because they were so competitive and didn't want to give an inch. That's totally different than a mouth who goes on and one about themselves, blames others and is a general disruption to the TEAM. I don't get where a player has to be a total ass to be successful.

I sometimes wonder if many on here have been on or around many teams of any kind. Sure there are lots of personalities on any teams, championship or otherwise. There is a big difference between an in your face person making sure you do things right and someone who is an outright jerk about everything and they are the only one doing things right.

There are lots of stories about how the D and O would get into fights on a regular basis because they were so competitive and didn't want to give an inch. That's totally different than a mouth who goes on and one about themselves, blames others and is a general disruption to the TEAM. I don't get where a player has to be a total ass to be successful.
He's definitely not what we want. He's well known as a douchebag for a reason.

Reactions: arizonared1

I don't know what all happened with Rattler and what not, so I can't speak to that.

The general theme of what you are saying, I don't agree with. It's like you are trying to draw a box around things, only this type of personality, or only this style of person.

There is something about natural leaders, natural confidence that can't be explained. It's not about some guy that gets in your face and tells you to do things the right way.

It's the leader who can break the rules and get away with it. The guy who knows he can score on the next play. And here is why.. the other players buy in to those kinds of guys, effortlessly. Even if they don't like the guy. Even if he banged your girlfriend last week.

Respect is more important than being well liked.

Anyone who looks at it from the standpoint of trying to put a box around it, to contain it, doesn't get it in my opinion.

Go watch High Plains Drifter if you've never seen it.

Reactions: ATX Husker
Don’t let the ineptitude of Riley and Frost lower the standards. Bo’s program was slipping away. His run defense was embarrassing. Recruiting was getting worse. Whenever we had an opportunity to take the next step toward being the class of the division we didn’t just lose, we’d get clobbered.
FWIW (not much), I always thought Carl was the brains behind Bo’s defensive success at Nebraska.

There is something about natural leaders, natural confidence that can't be explained. It's not about some guy that gets in your face and tells you to do things the right way.

It's the leader who can break the rules and get away with it. The guy who knows he can score on the next play. And here is why.. the other players buy in to those kinds of guys, effortlessly. Even if they don't like the guy. Even if he banged your girlfriend last week.

Respect is more important than being well liked.
While there is some truth here, it applies to guys like Frazier and Manziel and Tebow.

It doesn't apply to Rattler.

He let a freshman come into his place, nail his girlfriend right in front of him, and left after they had finished up and were sitting on his couch eating his food.

Last edited:
Reactions: gw2kpro
I'm not sure about the word on the street but I did see Rattler at Hy Vee yesterday with some guy in a gray sweater vest. Wait.....

farley.gif

• Haha
Reactions: JOHNNY N
While there is some truth here, it applies to guys like Frazier and Manziel and Tebow.

He let a freshman come into his place, nail his girlfriend right in front of him, and left after they had finished up and were sitting on his couch eating his food.
this-is-my-2jsyv2.jpg

Rattler was turning it over at an alarming rate and getting his b-hole gaped by Texas, who lost to f***ing Kansas. So on top of being a d-bag, he appeared to be regressing. No thx.

sounds like an alright guy to me? 😂

undefeated as a starter too.

Reactions: Chuck003

clap-applause.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT