ADVERTISEMENT

Spencer Rattler Visit

terrible-takealap.gif

BTW, some recruiting site had their crystal ball saying Rattler was going to UCLA, and supposedly the site is 95% on their predictions.

I know there is quite a bit of concern about his personality/locker room cancer, but I'm wondering where the empirical evidence is to support those concerns? Seems like he handled his demotion pretty well this year, considering the circumstances.

Word on the street is that Spencer Rattler was on campus yesterday. My question for the board, is he truly better than what weave got?
Well there are several previously highly rated QB's in the portal. With Adrian leaving I wouldn't be surprised if we actually do pick up a QB BUT I hope Frost has hired an OC/QB coach before they pick up any QB.

Doubt we have any shot on Rattler. For one, he’s really a pro-style of QB so I don’t think he’d fit into any system that frost would run.

but it would be nice to have a QB with a bit of an edge. I just don’t think “passive, everyone’s best friend” mentality works for QBs. Need someone to rip your ass if you aren’t getting it done

as far as him being a cancer. I think a lot of this stems from QB1 series on Netflix when he was a jerk to his back up. One episode kind of gave better insight to that, Spencer was talking to someone from Netflix and he whispered something like “JD’s soft. A good kid but I’m trying to harden him up.” Kind of like an older brother trying to get more out of the younger brother. Spencer actually opened up a little bit during that.

but he is cocky as hell. And that’s not a bad thing for a QB to be. Still think he goes to UCLA

Doubt we have any shot on Rattler. For one, he’s really a pro-style of QB so I don’t think he’d fit into any system that frost would run.

but it would be nice to have a QB with a bit of an edge. I just don’t think “passive, everyone’s best friend” mentality works for QBs. Need someone to rip your ass if you aren’t getting it done

as far as him being a cancer. I think a lot of this stems from QB1 series on Netflix when he was a jerk to his back up. One episode kind of gave better insight to that, Spencer was talking to someone from Netflix and he whispered something like “JD’s soft. A good kid but I’m trying to harden him up.” Kind of like an older brother trying to get more out of the younger brother. Spencer actually opened up a little bit during that.

but he is cocky as hell. And that’s not a bad thing for a QB to be. Still think he goes to UCLA
So you essentially rationalized all of his behavior. I recall everyone doing the same for Bo Pelini, how did that turn out. Look, there is a difference between being a total jerk and a humble leader, you guess which one would be best on a team.

Word on the street is that Spencer Rattler was on campus yesterday. My question for the board, is he truly better than what weave got?
as long as rattle understand what we need in a qb:

1. can hand off to the I-back without telegraphing it to every defensive player in the stadium and their moms watching on tv. (martinez 1 used to hop 3 times before the handoff) (gill like smooth)
2. has everything like tommie frazier except 1 thing...from the brain to toes (a damn tank)
3. have a tom brady type arm (incase we need to hit the blocking te or wb) rare cases for top 5 opponents

any attitude problems about rattle I don't care about....a qb should have a attitude...but if it gets too out of line polar bear can just pop him one and square that away...that will help him hate defensive players, which a qb should.

that's it really....pretty simple and clean. the way life should be...rattler is allowed to express his concern if frost gets carried away with the marker drawing up plays.

we have an opportunity to show so cal riley, oklahoma, etc how to properly train a qb on the way to go.
and we don't want to see no bush coming out of a head band......a army issue haircut with take care of that....

Last edited:
So you essentially rationalized all of his behavior. I recall everyone doing the same for Bo Pelini, how did that turn out. Look, there is a difference between being a total jerk and a humble leader, you guess which one would be best on a team.
I don’t know that he’s a total jerk. Has yet to be seen. And the “humble leader” Nebraska just had at QB lost more games then I think anyone has ever lost as a starting QB @ Nebraska. So there’s that.

and again, I don’t think Spencer is a good fit @ NU. He isn’t mobile.

If he can get us to 9-10 wins and a conference championship game like Pelini did then I will take that in a heartbeat!

As a former neighbor of mr Frazier I will just say that I can see where some of his teammates may not have liked him

I still don’t get the real reason why AM is leaving .

Reactions: TheBeav815
I know there is quite a bit of concern about his personality/locker room cancer, but I'm wondering where the empirical evidence is to support those concerns? Seems like he handled his demotion pretty well this year, considering the circumstances.
Look into what his teammates think of him. You will get your answer. Also, if you look a little deeper than Netflix's QB1 gave us, you will get answers there. He is not a well-liked guy. He does not treat others well.

Reactions: Bjoe_
Word on the street is that this is quite worn out and old, was mildly funny like 2 years ago… keep in mind when a certain somebody was transferring everyone had the same thoughts as HCSF… only difference is there’s no record of y’all saying it or thinking it but the reality is very few on here didn’t think the same way

Reactions: Herbert Husker
Word on the street is that this is quite worn out and old, was mildly funny like 2 years ago… keep in mind when a certain somebody was transferring everyone had the same thoughts as HCSF… only difference is there’s no record of y’all saying it or thinking it but the reality is very few on here didn’t think the same way
It’s baffling to me that anybody still makes that joke. As you said it was funny for a bit. It’s been overused for a solid two years now.

Reactions: Clemke32
It’s baffling to me that anybody still makes that joke. As you said it was funny for a bit. It’s been overused for a solid two years now.

It's shelf life should as least last as long as the "Melvin Gordon just scored again" that narrow-minded dumbasses use Everytime someone brings Bo Pelini. How long that's been...8 years??!

You know the same ass-hats like to bring that up when you mention firing a coach who won never finished less than 3rd in the division, WON 9+ games EVERY YEAR and competed in Conference Championships every other year!

It's shelf life should as least last as long as the "Melvin Gordon just scored again" that narrow-minded dumbasses use Everytime someone brings Bo Pelini. How long that's been...8 years??!

You know the same ass-hats like to bring that up when you mention firing a coach who won never finished less than 3rd in the division, WON 9+ games EVERY YEAR and competed in Conference Championships every other year!
You have to be related to Bo.

Don’t let the ineptitude of Riley and Frost lower the standards. Bo’s program was slipping away. His run defense was embarrassing. Recruiting was getting worse. Whenever we had an opportunity to take the next step toward being the class of the division we didn’t just lose, we’d get clobbered.

Don’t let the ineptitude of Riley and Frost lower the standards. Bo’s program was slipping away. His run defense was embarrassing. Recruiting was getting worse. Whenever we had an opportunity to take the next step toward being the class of the division we didn’t just lose, we’d get clobbered.
Don't use facts.... The get in the way.

As a former neighbor of mr Frazier I will just say that I can see where some of his teammates may not have liked him

I still don’t get the real reason why AM is leaving .
Do you get why the fan base doesn’t want another year that would be the 5th year with him at the helm and zeros come from behind wins…

Carl is that you?

If he can get us to 9-10 wins and a conference championship game like Pelini did then I will take that in a heartbeat!
Some more revisionist history, people loved Bo when he first got here and hated him when he left. Many couldn't wait to usher him out the door because he wore thin.

Reactions: MissoulaHusker
as long as rattle understand what we need in a qb:

1. can hand off to the I-back without telegraphing it to every defensive player in the stadium and their moms watching on tv. (martinez 1 used to hop 3 times before the handoff) (gill like smooth)
2. has everything like tommie frazier except 1 thing...from the brain to toes (a damn tank)
3. have a tom brady type arm (incase we need to hit the blocking te or wb) rare cases for top 5 opponents

any attitude problems about rattle I don't care about....a qb should have a attitude...but if it gets too out of line polar bear can just pop him one and square that away...that will help him hate defensive players, which a qb should.

that's it really....pretty simple and clean. the way life should be...rattler is allowed to express his concern if frost gets carried away with the marker drawing up plays.

we have an opportunity to show so cal riley, oklahoma, etc how to properly train a qb on the way to go.
and we don't want to see no bush coming out of a head band......a army issue haircut with take care of that....
I did hate adrians hair, kinda an identity crisis he had going on, the Qb and offensive lineman must have clean cut hair, all other positions can be hoodrat to redneck cousin bangers hairstyles

Reactions: redwine65
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT