ADVERTISEMENT

Speculation on Sports Huddle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
heard frost say we need more players like JD, so I wouldn't think he'd go out of his way to say that about a guy who is trying to organize boycotts of practice.

There is a lot of variables in this. I do not believe J. D. graduates until May. Since he has already used a redshirt year, he cannot transfer until he graduates because he would have to sit out a year if he was a non-graduate transfer. Once he enters the portal, Nebraska can take him off scholarship. Other schools may not be as interested if for some reason he doesn’t graduate in May Or something else comes up, because they are going to have to hold a scholarship until May/ June. There is just a litany of things that are different for a guy graduating in May versus December and when the enter the portal.
I’m not even sure that JD is on track to graduate in May. It may be Dec 2020.

heard frost say we need more players like JD, so I wouldn't think he'd go out of his way to say that about a guy who is trying to organize boycotts of practice.

Yes, this. Frost has on more than one occasion praised JD's toughness and ability--as recently as the Maryland game when both he and Mills were so sick the staff was doubtful they'd be able to play. He took an IV so he could play in that game. You don't say those things publicly if he is a problem behind closed doors.

It was the day they made them practice in the snow. It was a few players, and supposedly JD was one of them. There were a few others, but that is the kind of shit you don't need. If he is going to be a culture killer, good on him to leave. What I do find comical is that if the rumor of him not wanting to practice outside in the snow is true, why the hell would he want to go to Minnesota? Fleck is going to make him be outside catching wet footballs....
The indoor practice facility should be for bowl prep or for the early fall camp heat. Other than that, the team should be practicing out in the elements the majority of the time.

JD was the one in sleeves in the Minnesota game...and he fumbled and had issues catching the ball because of the sleeves. Then we had coach Frost bitching about toughness and guys in sleeves...so....

While Frost goes everywhere in a hoodie.......so......

Yeah, what a douche Coach Frost is, huh? That hoodie really affects his ability to coach.

Are you seriously bitching about what the head coach wears? Seriously? There is no way in hell that you are objective about Coach Frost. I admit that I look the other way about a lot of things. I admit that I am an optimist and give him the benefit of the doubt more than I ought to. Your obsession with pointing out every single flaw of this coach is unhealthy.

Yeah, what a douche Coach Frost is, huh? That hoodie really affects his ability to coach.

Are you seriously bitching about what the head coach wears? Seriously? There is no way in hell that you are objective about Coach Frost. I admit that I look the other way about a lot of things. I admit that I am an optimist and give him the benefit of the doubt more than I ought to. Your obsession with pointing out every single flaw of this coach is unhealthy.
When the head coach bitches about what players wear during warmups, I think it's fair game to criticize that he wears the exact same thing he's complaining about.

When the head coach bitches about what players wear during warmups, I think it's fair game to criticize that he wears the exact same thing he's complaining about.
And how does his wearing a hoodie affect his ability to coach? Players wearing sleeves impair their ability to feel the ball. Does Frost wearing a hoodie prevent him from feeling his call sheet?

Seriously, this is getting embarrassing the things “fans” are finding to bitch about.

I just hope this rumor isn't even about him. It would reflect so poorly on Frost, and he'd still probably refuse to not stick with Martinez even if there's a better option in the fold. I wouldn't blame JD one but if it appears that there's not even going to be a chance at fair competition on who could be slinging it to him next year. It's a big year for him next season, why would he want to waste it with Martinez's indecisiveness and losingness?
It probably is him. Would you blame him they way Scott Frost has coached this season?

Good Post. Says a lot about Scott Frost if he leaves.

It probably is him. Would you blame him they way Scott Frost has coached this season?

Finds out Spielman is not in the portal:

tenor.gif

And how does his wearing a hoodie affect his ability to coach? Players wearing sleeves impair their ability to feel the ball. Does Frost wearing a hoodie prevent him from feeling his call sheet?

Seriously, this is getting embarrassing the things “fans” are finding to bitch about.

He was bitching about hoodies. Plus he's the coach. Tell Spielman to take the sleeves off. Don't become a national joke to everyone but cult member Frost fans. Seriously just put his initials on the helmet and be done with it.

Yeah, the fact so many miss the point is alarming.

Basically he wants tough as nails and a little crazy MFrs that warm up without shirts on when it’s freezing. It’s a mindset.

The people that point out Frost was wearing a hoodie are some of the dumbest MFrs you’ll find.

He was bitching about hoodies. Plus he's the coach. Tell Spielman to take the sleeves off. Don't become a national joke to everyone but cult member Frost fans. Seriously just put his initials on the helmet and be done with it.
You would love nothing more than his initials on a helmet. Then he wouldn’t be the coach and you could bitch about whoever the next guy will be.

You would love nothing more than his initials on a helmet. Then he wouldn’t be the coach and you could bitch about whoever the next guy will be.
We could win 4 national championships in a row and Bruce would still have something to bitch about. Wonder if he a big bitcher at work, you know one of those water fountain people that loves to stir the pot

think about it
there is no where else that a player gets treated better than in Lincoln. in all phases.
equal to yes, but better, IMHO from what I have heard from former players, No.
treated like kings, no one EVER is ineligible once they get there, even some very questionable players if ya know what I mean
who was the player a few years ago that mentioned on camera, ' that is was virtually impossible not to pass here ' ? And it is , as proof of no one failing is there
they have good facilities, taken care of real well eating wise, and so on .
the feeling of mistreated or wanting more playing would have to outweigh all the above. And in some cases, the playing time sure is there. They aint leaving is what I am actually saying

Dumb statement of the year award goes to...

I mean not only is he the coach. Frost has earned the right to be as cozy as possible in the cold. Hes won for us and fought as a player, put in his time. Plus hes not playing, or else Im sure he glady would. Huge difference yo.

No. This is not the case. It is not necessary for a coach to physically prepare for the elements during warmups. This is primarily due to the fact that the coach is not asked to tackle, catch, run, throw, or block in these elements. So comparing head coach attire to player attire during pregame is not really a thing. It’s kind of like saying we are not a physical enough football team because Coach Frost isn’t squatting enough.

Reactions: egaRdeR and timnsun

I've seen (I don't read it) some crazy ideas on this Board. Is Frost too blond, is it his beard, does a certain sports writer like the Huskers or doesn't like the Huskers, Is one team or another our rival. NONE!!! of this matters. The Huskers simply need to get better (which I believe they will) and WIN games. Some of these guys on this board are exactly why Stoops and now Petersen have hung up their whistles.

The indoor practice facility should be for bowl prep or for the early fall camp heat. Other than that, the team should be practicing out in the elements the majority of the time.
Lightning. But agree. Stay outside

I'm not saying it does affect his ability to coach. Just like it's not going to hurt the players to do warmups in hoodies.

Yeah, the fact so many miss the point is alarming.

Basically he wants tough as nails and a little crazy MFrs that warm up without shirts on when it’s freezing. It’s a mindset.

The people that point out Frost was wearing a hoodie are some of the dumbest MFrs you’ll find.
The team has done that before and it didn't help them one bit.

Dumb statement of the year award goes to...

I mean not only is he the coach. Frost has earned the right to be as cozy as possible in the cold. Hes won for us and fought as a player, put in his time. Plus hes not playing, or else Im sure he glady would. Huge difference yo.
I'm not saying he shouldn't wear a hoodie to stay warm. Just like the players should wear a hoodie to stay warm during warmups. But if he wants his players to act like idiots and warm up without their shirts, maybe he should lead by example and take his hoodie off.

That wasn't the issue. They hammered all week before Minnesota that ball carriers needs to have clean arms to feel the ball. JD then went ahead with the sleeves and fumbled, drop passes, and had his worst game of the year when he was needed most. It wasn't about warmups, it was about in the game...plus coaches don't play...it is cold as hell to stand on the sideline...players can wear coats when not playing but they shouldn't have coats on while running around...that is a fashion statement not a cold issue.

Reactions: HBK4life
That wasn't the issue. They hammered all week before Minnesota that ball carriers needs to have clean arms to feel the ball. JD then went ahead with the sleeves and fumbled, drop passes, and had his worst game of the year when he was needed most. It wasn't about warmups, it was about in the game...plus coaches don't play...it is cold as hell to stand on the sideline...players can wear coats when not playing but they shouldn't have coats on while running around...that is a fashion statement not a cold issue.
During the game I agree. It sounded like Frost was talking about warmups.

I have heard the practice thing too, but no idea who it was. I would imagine it is MR players. The lack of buy in by some has to still be a fairly large issue, otherwise I don't see Frost bringing it up every single press conf. Whoever those players are who are continually giving push back or not doing what they are told, probably not a bad thing if they leave.
I have seen some suggest that players are more soft today and one can't coach and push players like was done back in the day. While that maybe true, look at Saban. You think that guy lets player walk all over him and do what they want, when they want? Compare MR and Saban coaching style, there is probably a reason one is success and one is complete failure.
I've always been of the opinion that soft coaches recruit soft players, obviously strong coaches recruit strong players.

Reactions: husker2612
I'm not saying it does affect his ability to coach. Just like it's not going to hurt the players to do warmups in hoodies.
And this is a bitchable offense?

Again, husker fans are bitching about every little thing that Frost has done. It’s stupid. I get bitching about the swing pass. I’m right there with whoever is upset about that. But hoodies? Nope. Don’t get it.

Reactions: otismotis08
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT