ADVERTISEMENT

Speculation on Sports Huddle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hail varsity had a good article. They called out JD and his lack of blocking etc and provided video. Thinking he may be one of the players not fully bought in. The video is pretty damning.

No Idea what this means, but considering he has cleared everything Neb off his twitter profile. Assuming it is not good.

Translation?

giphy.gif

I had heard that on the plane ride out to Colorado for the game that the staff had JD give up his first class seat and gave it to Robinson.

Looking at this Twitter account - he recently followed @BeavRecruiting, an Oregon State recruiting site. Maybe he will be re-uniting with Gebbia?

Unpopular opinion...I think the kid is overrated and I would not be bothered by him transferring IF we have the kind of wr recruiting class like I believe we can. If they know he is gone we have a wide open depth chart

We had several of our best players who were "just good enough to get you beat." He dropped tds this year and last that affected games..fumbled this year and last to lose games. And made bonehead plays like receiving a punt on the one throughout his career. Losing mentality is a stench that is hard to get rid of and I truly believe the more of the older guys gone the better. Plus his slot replacement is on the team. We need bigger outside wrs anyway. Chase, betts, Manning, wandale would give us a better core. Guys like nance, houston bring something nobody did last yr..recruits like fleming or robinson would put us over the top. 6'2-6'4 wrs will change this offense.

Looking at this Twitter account - he recently followed @BeavRecruiting, an Oregon State recruiting site. Maybe he will be re-uniting with Gebbia?
I do think he was friends with Gebbia before he left. It sounded like Gebbia was very well liked by just about everybody. We'll find out soon enough what the deal is. I suspect he may just be trolling our fan base. These guys have to just get bombarded by fans on social media.a

Reactions: headcard
I do think he was friends with Gebbia before he left. It sounded like Gebbia was very well liked by just about everybody. We'll find out soon enough what the deal is. I suspect he may just be trolling our fan base. These guys have to just get bombarded by fans on social media.a

well this team really peeped the shit out of us this year. I now know when frost said we would compete for the west year 2 he was peeping. Well played huskers. This season was just one big inside joke

Reactions: HuskerDubby
He hasn’t had any Nebraska stuff on his twitter in a long time. It looks like it did when I check last time we had these rumors (close to a year ago).

right, I’m not assuming a dam thing till we see it say he’s gone. Dudes right on the edges of breaking records and will probably hit 1,000 yards receiving next year.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Good thing we’re not Bama, I’m sure there in meltdown mode.

Hail varsity had a good article. They called out JD and his lack of blocking etc and provided video. Thinking he may be one of the players not fully bought in. The video is pretty damning.

There was someone in that Ron Johnson Twitter thread talking about JD leading a possible practice boycott this season. I had not heard that one before and if true, yikes. Would explain quite a bit.

Reactions: leodisflowers
There was someone in that Ron Johnson Twitter thread talking about JD leading a possible practice boycott this season. I had not heard that one before and if true, yikes. Would explain quite a bit.
That’s pretty far out there. It’s hard to believe that something like that would happen and not be found out and reported by the local press.

It was the day they made them practice in the snow. It was a few players, and supposedly JD was one of them. There were a few others, but that is the kind of shit you don't need. If he is going to be a culture killer, good on him to leave. What I do find comical is that if the rumor of him not wanting to practice outside in the snow is true, why the hell would he want to go to Minnesota? Fleck is going to make him be outside catching wet footballs....

On WCCO in the twin cities this morning the hosts are talking about the Gophers getting a Big Ten player who just entered the transfer portal. His father has no comment so far.

As of yesterday's update, Spielman is not in the transfer portal.

If there was actually a discussion on Sports Update this weekend about a BIG player who entered the portal in order to transfer to Minnesota, they weren't referring to Spielman.

Reactions: Top_Gun_
It was the day they made them practice in the snow. It was a few players, and supposedly JD was one of them. There were a few others, but that is the kind of shit you don't need. If he is going to be a culture killer, good on him to leave. What I do find comical is that if the rumor of him not wanting to practice outside in the snow is true, why the hell would he want to go to Minnesota? Fleck is going to make him be outside catching wet footballs....

As of yesterday's update, Spielman is not in the transfer portal.

If there was actually a discussion on Sports Update this weekend about a BIG player who entered the portal in order to transfer to Minnesota, they weren't referring to Spielman.
Someone said earlier in this thread that he can’t enter the portal until he has graduated. Not sure if true, but if so, that does leave open the possibility that it could be JD.

That’s pretty far out there. It’s hard to believe that something like that would happen and not be found out and reported by the local press.

Or that Frost would actually let him play after that. JD seems like a kid who just goes about his business. He’s not a leader or a guy who talks much. Not a bad thing, but I think he very much keeps to himself.

Reactions: Minn1954 and 9and4
I have heard the practice thing too, but no idea who it was. I would imagine it is MR players. The lack of buy in by some has to still be a fairly large issue, otherwise I don't see Frost bringing it up every single press conf. Whoever those players are who are continually giving push back or not doing what they are told, probably not a bad thing if they leave.
I have seen some suggest that players are more soft today and one can't coach and push players like was done back in the day. While that maybe true, look at Saban. You think that guy lets player walk all over him and do what they want, when they want? Compare MR and Saban coaching style, there is probably a reason one is success and one is complete failure.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Someone said earlier in this thread that he can’t enter the portal until he has graduated. Not sure if true, but if so, that does leave open the possibility that it could be JD.
not true. South Carolina QB entered yesterday, posting he doesn't graduate until mid-Dec.

Reactions: timnsun
I'd hate to see JD leave, he has been a fan favorite here and is close to becoming the all-time leading receiver, but if his heart isn't in being here, then I'd rather have somebody who is.......and not just him, but across the board. Year 3, it's time to cut dead wood.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
not true. South Carolina QB entered yesterday, posting he doesn't graduate until mid-Dec.
There is a lot of variables in this. I do not believe J. D. graduates until May. Since he has already used a redshirt year, he cannot transfer until he graduates because he would have to sit out a year if he was a non-graduate transfer. Once he enters the portal, Nebraska can take him off scholarship. Other schools may not be as interested if for some reason he doesn’t graduate in May Or something else comes up, because they are going to have to hold a scholarship until May/ June. There is just a litany of things that are different for a guy graduating in May versus December and when the enter the portal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT