ADVERTISEMENT

Speculation on Sports Huddle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this isn't true

The Spielman's are very well respected names in the football community. Rick is the Vikings GM and his brother Rob is the VP of football operations. It is not going to help if they offer less than complimentary words concerning Frost and staff in casual conversation as the the football world is very small and word travels fast.

Likewise, while Mike Riley did not win big here, he is universally highly respected and liked by his peers. Frost has been very intentional and forward in his criticism of the prior staffs schemes, work ethic instilled, leadership, etc, etc.

That is something you just don't do if you hope to garner any good will in the football community outside of Nebraska.

Frost had a lot of praise after the hire from national figures - I don't see the benefit of taking shots at the prior staff or the players recruited by that staff. This approach, IMO, has led to the vast majority of "buy-in" and culture problems that might exist.
I don't care, Frost is pissed seeing over the years everything he knew and held dear being completely destroyed by total incompetence from administrative to coaching hires after being involved with the pinnacle of all of FBS which cannot be argued, and I don't blame him one bit. His and Held's mindset is totally the opposite of the shit show that's been all of the coaching hires post Solich. Their mentality is the Glory Years mentality as that is a tried and true mentality. If players don't by in, they can gtfo as Frost will have a program that will mirror his mentality and culture. Nuff said.

Last edited:
Not a Frost recruit. I know. But he wasn’t a Fleck recruit either. He is also a lock to be a starter next year here, and to break a ton of records at Nebraska. He also, I am sure, has teammates at NU who are his good friends,

That means the ONLY reason he would transfer is he does not like Frost. Not a good sign.

If a guy wants to leave a school right before he shatters some school records that's pretty telling and quite frankly a pretty bad look for Nebraska.

If a guy wants to leave a school right before he shatters some school records that's pretty telling and quite frankly a pretty bad look for Nebraska.

Imagine how other teams will use that against Nebraska on the recruiting trail?!!

If he decides to leave...I guess it will be time for another 2 year contract extension for Coach Frost. Winking

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
He had over 800 yards receiving each of the past two years. I think it is much more of a personal and fit issue He was very close to Riley and KW. He never hit it off with Frost and Walters. He thought about leaving last year, allegedly. and decided to stick it out (probably his dads advice).

A couple weeks ago this was brought up and @Tuco Salamanca has some insights. As I recall he said that JD did not like the way the staff pushes the players and Frost sees JD as one of the players that never “bought in”. Maybe Tuco can fill in any of the blanks I don’t remember.

I hope JD is happy and sticks it out and that this is just rumor spreading from the Twin Cities, but we will probably find out soon.

I did not say he didn’t like the way the players were pushed. I said Frost isn’t a fan of his attitude and doesn’t feel like he has bought in.

I know a guy who knows a guy that installed Bob Davies cable and that guy knows a girl who knows JD. He said JD just likes America because he had an American flag. I’ll get more info one day. But any leads and I’ll let you know. #girlstop

Reactions: donahues17
Imagine how teams will use that on the recruiting trail?!!

If he decides to leave...I guess it will be time for another 2 year contract extension. Winking
Meh. Open opportunity for a difference maker at WR. Kid wants to go home to Mom and Dad. So what if it happens.

I'm at the point of reason that if guys want to leave, then they need to do that for the other guys on the team at least.

I can only imagine if some guys feel like they are being held hostage then that attitude bleeds through.

I don't know nothing from nothing inside the program, but any organisation needs to have it's people all pulling one, and pulling with relentless, tireless intentionality.

I hope that is what Nebraska has and right now they just had a season that sparks a change towards that realization from the waterboy to the AD.

Need a keep JD campaign launched immediately.

Only place I’ve seen these rumors are on this board, however, and we all know nobody here knows their ass from a hole in the ground

Frost is a loser. how can you systematically have underachievement again again and again with superior talent against CU, INDIANA, PURDUE, MINNESOTA, etc. 2 freaking years in a row?

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
No, you are completely wrong on this. We dont have a situation of a guy not playing if this is true. You have a situation of a major contributor wanting to get the hell out of Nebraska for whatever readon.
You have no idea if he's even considering leaving OR IF he is WHY he might want to leave. He's 21 or so. If he doesn't like Frost so be it. My freshman physiology professor I hated and thought was one of the worst profs I had ever had. The next year's freshman class loved him and voted him prof of the year in our college. Personal relationships are just that. Personal. If Spielman doesn't like Walter or Frost and wants to leave because of it, so be it. It's nothing to lose your mind over.

You have no idea if he's even considering leaving OR IF he is WHY he might want to leave. He's 21 or so. If he doesn't like Frost so be it. My freshman physiology professor I hated and thought was one of the worst profs I had ever had. The next year's freshman class loved him and voted him prof of the year in our college. Personal relationships are just that. Personal. If Spielman doesn't like Walter or Frost and wants to leave because of it, so be it. It's nothing to lose your mind over.

Yep if he wants to leave so be it and dont try to spin the fact that it looks completely terrible for the program....

Reactions: SC_'sker
Frost is a loser. how can you systematically have underachievement again again and again with superior talent against CU, INDIANA, PURDUE, MINNESOTA, etc. 2 freaking years in a row?
So why do you still root for Nebraska? Look I didn’t care for Callahan and definitely despised Riley but I didn’t bash them because Nebraska is my team. Ok your entitled to your opinion and I don’t have a problem with it, you got your point across now time to move on. Frost isn’t going to get fired. You and a couple other posters have such a negative attitude hell I bet you would have wanted Saban fire after his miscues yesterday if Saban was Nebraska’s coach!!!

Your username is appropriate. I don't really care if a 21 year old decides to jump ship on his teammates. Good luck to him in that case. You worry too much.
I agree with this sentiment overall dingle. But if Spielman leaves I do worry. The one thing this team lacks are playmakers. Spielman is one of our biggest playmakers. We already lost Mo. We can’t afford this endless attrition. We aren’t that good or that deep to keep absorbing these blows. At some point losing guys like Tyjon and Avery Roberts, and Mo and Spielman (if true) starts to matter.

I know a guy who knows a guy that installed Bob Davies cable and that guy knows a girl who knows JD. He said JD just likes America because he had an American flag. I’ll get more info one day. But any leads and I’ll let you know. #girlstop
Big if true

I agree with this sentiment overall dingle. But if Spielman leaves I do worry. The one thing this team lacks are playmakers. Spielman is one of our biggest playmakers. We already lost Mo. We can’t afford this endless attrition. We aren’t that good or that deep to keep absorbing these blows. At some point losing guys like Tyjon and Avery Roberts, and Mo and Spielman (if true) starts to matter.
Tyjon was giving every opportunity to succeed, named a starter, he failed, so how can you say it adds up when him and Roberts were just warm bodies? I don’t want to lose jd I hope the rumors are just that. To me if he was unhappy why didn’t he leave before the start of last season? To many things not adding up to me anyway.

The one thing I repeatedly hear from JD's teammates is that he is quiet. I hear it from the media and I've heard it from Walters. I do not believe he's a locker room leader and I'm not sure what the dynamics are with his teammates. He seems like a good kid but IF he decides to leave, I'm not going to worry about it. He honestly seems like a guy who probably would take to Mr Rogers (Riley) more than a gungho get after guy like Frost. It's just a difference in personalities. People need to get over it. I don't think it's at all unusual in today's transfer climate.

Last edited:
Tyjon was giving every opportunity to succeed, named a starter, he failed, so how can you say it adds up when him and Roberts were just warm bodies? I don’t want to lose jd I hope the rumors are just that. To me if he was unhappy why didn’t he leave before the start of last season? To many things not adding up to me anyway.
He would have had to sit if he had left before. Now he's graduating and the new grad transfer rules opens us up to this possibility. It's just the way it is now. We need to get over it.

Reactions: TFrazier
No, you are completely wrong on this. We dont have a situation of a guy not playing if this is true. You have a situation of a major contributor wanting to get the hell out of Nebraska for whatever readon.
He’s not wrong. It’s a very bad look for JD too. He has opportunity to play, be a leader, break records and he chooses to leave because he doesn’t like personality of the coach or can’t get over a coach he liked getting canned? That is a BAD look for him too

Reactions: OzzyLvr

This, this, and THIS!!!!!!!

He’s not wrong. It’s a very bad look for JD too. He has opportunity to play, be a leader, break records and he chooses to leave because he doesn’t like personality of the coach or can’t get over a coach he liked getting canned? That is a BAD look for him too
I agree, if he’s goes to the nfl he better get used to not liking coaches

Regardless, it would make our team worse. We will be dependent on the redshirt freshman class and any newcomers at the WR position. And that’s a scary thought considering Walters has been very underwhelming thus far.

It's just the world we live in right now. It would raise a red flag for me IF I were an NFL GM but whatever. There's way more factors involved sometimes when a kid makes a decision like that. You never know what's going on in their personal life. Girlfriend. Family, Friends. Conflict with a teammate. You just don't know.

Reactions: headcard
I truly believe you and a couple other posters would be given high fives if coach frost fell over dead. The hate you guys have for him is unreal.

I don't personally hate the guy. He was one of my favorite Huskers players.

I was psyched when he was hired, but as we've all seen, he's done a crappy job. I think he sucks as a coach. He's got plenty of time to change my mind though (not that my opinion matters).

Regardless, it would make our team worse. We will be dependent on the redshirt freshman class and any newcomers at the WR position. And that’s a scary thought considering Walters has been very underwhelming thus far.
Indeed. Wandale can man the slot/duck but we are potentially in a world of hurt on the outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT