ADVERTISEMENT

Speculation on Sports Huddle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I truly believe you and a couple other posters would be given high fives if coach frost fell over dead. The hate you guys have for him is unreal.

I don’t think it’s personal. He’s just done a pretty horrible job to date. And it gets old that because he’s not on outsider that some give him a pass for the mediocre job he has done.

Let’s be real, had he not played here some would have a total different opinion of his 9-15 record.

Could it be a kicker from Iowa that wants to transfer?

yes Caleb is in the transfer portal. He is really good almost beat KD out. Duncan had it freshman year, big kick against Michigan , then lost the start stayed with out scholarship and two years later LG finalist. So the other kid who does kick offs wants a chance to kick FG in games and he is good. Nebraska would be smart to grab him

Reactions: 9and4 and Baxter48
I don’t think it’s personal. He’s just done a pretty horrible job to date. And it gets old that because he’s not on outsider that some give him a pass for the mediocre job he has done.

Let’s be real, had he not played here some would have a total different opinion of his 9-15 record.
Like I mentioned in a previous post, I just wonder if frost would have taken this job if a majority of the players passed the eye test but failed physically especially in games. On paper it looked like he had some pretty decent players, but so far it’s turned into hollow substance. I will say frost has had some head scratcher that’s for sure. I’m not giving him a pass but I sure haven’t given up on him either

yes Caleb is in the transfer portal. He is really good almost beat KD out. Duncan had it freshman year, big kick against Michigan , then lost the start stayed with out scholarship and two years later LG finalist. So the other kid who does kick offs wants a chance to kick FG in games and he is good. Nebraska would be smart to grab him

Ferentz wont let Nebraska have him. Blocked the transfer from what Ive heard.

We don't need a half dozen posters posting in thread after thread about how much he sucks to remind us that the results have been underwhelming. I heard Stai, Zatechka, Moos, and multiple former players before the season state that "getting this team to 6 wins this year would be a success". We didn't get there for multiple reasons including injuries, dismissals and yes maybe some coaching mistakes. That doesn't excuse the drumbeat against our head coach that is as loud as what I remember since before Callahan was fired. It's amazing. Callahan was right in one thing. Husker fans need to get a life.

He’s not wrong. It’s a very bad look for JD too. He has opportunity to play, be a leader, break records and he chooses to leave because he doesn’t like personality of the coach or can’t get over a coach he liked getting canned? That is a BAD look for him too

Lol...this guy has played his ass for Nebraska, so if it's true that he leaves it looks TERRIBLE for Nebraska, not Spielman. This would be a guy that has graduated and on track to shatter numerous records here. The only ones spinning are the ones who have an excuse for every single shortcoming the last two years.

Lol...this guy has played his ass for Nebraska, so if it's true that he leaves it looks TERRIBLE for Nebraska, not Spielman. This would be a guy that has graduated and on track to shatter numerous records here. The only ones spinning are the ones who have an excuse for every single shortcoming the last two years.
You a Iowa troll aren’t you

Your opinion is no better, just because you yell louder. This would be a bad look for JD, for all the reasons I listed above and then some. I am not spinning anything and have never made any excuses for this staff. Either your anger is getting in the way of basic common sense or, more likely, you are simply a troll that needs to get a life.

Last edited:
If this is true and If is a big If, absolutely devastating to Frost and this team trying to re-build. He's a weapon that cannot be replaced next year.

In fact, HAVING Speilman was a big reason Scott had a shot to rebuild this in 2-3 years. Jesus man I hope this isn't true.
With Frost's comments about the current roster... I'd say it's likely there could be multiple starters leaving town.

Nebraska could be playing with 90% underclassmen next season.

Sounds like a player we could use.

I do kind of cringe when he says that. He speaks the truth though and if a guy on the roster thinks he can't compete for a spot then maybe it's time to move on. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, MAKE YOURSELF A BETTER PLAYER!
I agree with you with one exception - Adrian Martinez. Frost gets really weird when the subject of Martinez comes up. Many would argue his was not the best player at his position THIS year.

Also, on a comment earlier on JD’s being injured, I’m amazed that he played as many games as he did this year. He grabbed many passes that were off the mark and paid a heavy physical price for it. I grit my teeth many times wondering if he would get back up after getting pasted while reaching back or high to catch a pass.

I agree with you with one exception - Adrian Martinez. Frost gets really weird when the subject of Martinez comes up. Many would argue his was not the best player at his position THIS year.

Also, on a comment earlier on JD’s being injured, I’m amazed that he played as many games as he did this year. He grabbed many passes that were off the mark and paid a heavy physical price for it. I grit my teeth many times wondering if he would get back up after getting pasted while reaching back or high to catch a pass.
JD's been our healthiest starting WR all year. Taking hits is part of the job. I don't think it's odd that Frost is protective of his QBs. It is also true that ALL of our QBs were injured after about half way through the season. I'm not talking hurting, I'm talking playing with significant injuries and I'm sure it was very hard for Frost to not spill the beans. I understand why he doesn't want opponents to know and I suspect that we might find out eventually this fall about some off season surgery for some of our guys.

head back east of the river. We know who you are.
We'll see before too long, but Frost's comments smell like a HC refusing to accept responsibility for the results on the field.

Plus... it's so much easier for kids to change programs than it used to be.

Reactions: SC_'sker

The only ones spinning are the ones speculating on a rumor.

No one even knows who the rumor is about. But somehow this would be devastating and a failure on Frost.

At least hold your hand wringing and pissing down your leg until something is actually confirmed.

On WCCO in the twin cities this morning the hosts are talking about the Gophers getting a Big Ten player who just entered the transfer portal. His father has no comment so far.

520781fbafe1f.jpeg

I get that, Frost is getting a much much longer leash than any other coach would be at this point. However, lets assume it was another coach. I don't think a move would be made at this point no matter who was HC. 2 years is not enough time, especially considering the shape MR left it in. Now if he struggles to get to a bowl game next year, I think most other coaches would be fired. He probably won't be. I said from day 1 he needs to be given 4 years no matter the record says. If after year 4 he can't at least get 8 wins, we should probably move on.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Wow, some of you guys really have a boner for Coach Lost.
Nothing near yours, you cream your pants every time anything negative about Frost gets brought up.. that being said, as much as it would suck to lose JD, Frost needs his guys which means those that think like him and mesh with his coaching style for good or bad.. good luck to the kid if he goes. This thread is funny as it reads like a bunch of teenage girls tittering about a promposal rejection. It was refreshing to be back in Omaha this weekend where I couldn’t find a single fan that wasn’t still a huge Frost supporter even after the loss....

Funny how two weeks ago we were all bashing Spielman for being a bad team mate because he may or may not have started a boycott against a cold practice, and now frost is the antichrist because this is now a rumor.....as I get older I now understand why some coaches don’t want to come to Lincoln or lose their minds while they’re here. This fan base is psychotic on so many levels.
After the Minnesota game, I wouldn't have held another indoor practice for the rest of the year. We are a pampered soft team.

Nothing near yours, you cream your pants every time anything negative about Frost gets brought up.. that being said, as much as it would suck to lose JD, Frost needs his guys which means those that think like him and mesh with his coaching style for good or bad.. good luck to the kid if he goes. This thread is funny as it reads like a bunch of teenage girls tittering about a promposal rejection. It was refreshing to be back in Omaha this weekend where I couldn’t find a single fan that wasn’t still a huge Frost supporter even after the loss....
lol.. so you creamed your pants and your teenage prom date got creeped out and rejected you?

but IF she was a Coach Lost fan, she should have ignored your ill mannered result and waited a couple of years until you creeped out her mom also, and then go with the 'me too' creep story..

I get it, people should wait for confirmation to decide if you're creepy.

lol.. so you creamed your pants and your teenage prom date got creeped out and rejected you?

but IF she was a Coach Lost fan, she should have ignored your ill mannered result and waited a couple of years until you creeped out her mom also, and then go with the 'me too' creep story..

I get it, people should wait for confirmation to decide if you're creepy.[/QUOTE
No I expect the ship being upright next year maybe no in win but all around better play. The difference now and when Callahan was hire is simple, in 04 most of those players came from winning seasons. You give frost those players attitudes now and you’d see different results now like I said I don’t give coach frost any kind of a pass, his special teams are nothing short of a disaster. His vaunted offense is to much hit and miss. And the defense well we haven’t had a decent defense since suh graduated. Lot of posters still think bo was a great d coordinator. Hmm even with frosts terrible coaching nobody rushed for 400 yards, Melvin Gordon just scored again. Nobody put up 77 on him

I get it, people should wait for confirmation to decide if you're creepy.
My God, stfu.

he’s not in the transfer portal and he’s definitely not going anywhere. Have to remember, it was said they picked up a BIG 10 WR from the transfer portal. If anything, it’s that PSU WR.
I am so happy to hear this. I think a lot of us, myself included, jumped the gun on this. In my case, so much has happened in the past weeks, mostly bad, that it caused me to think the worst.

We need JD. He is a really good slot receiver. Get Wandale back healthy, add Betts, then we have some serious speed too.

We don't need a half dozen posters posting in thread after thread about how much he sucks to remind us that the results have been underwhelming. I heard Stai, Zatechka, Moos, and multiple former players before the season state that "getting this team to 6 wins this year would be a success". We didn't get there for multiple reasons including injuries, dismissals and yes maybe some coaching mistakes. That doesn't excuse the drumbeat against our head coach that is as loud as what I remember since before Callahan was fired. It's amazing. Callahan was right in one thing. Husker fans need to get a life.

Well, we didn’t get to six wins and quite honestly we had no business losing to Colorado, Indiana, or Purdue. But, that’s been Frost’s story so far and his inability to but W’s on the board. “Maybe” some coaching mistakes...Laughing

I am so happy to hear this. I think a lot of us, myself included, jumped the gun on this. In my case, so much has happened in the past weeks, mostly bad, that it caused me to think the worst.

We need JD. He is a really good slot receiver. Get Wandale back healthy, add Betts, then we have some serious speed too.

and if we can pull in Omar Manning, that will only help things. Still looks good on Manning. Then appears we already have M Fleming locked up...more speed. Fingers crossed.

I get that, Frost is getting a much much longer leash than any other coach would be at this point. However, lets assume it was another coach. I don't think a move would be made at this point no matter who was HC. 2 years is not enough time, especially considering the shape MR left it in. Now if he struggles to get to a bowl game next year, I think most other coaches would be fired. He probably won't be. I said from day 1 he needs to be given 4 years no matter the record says. If after year 4 he can't at least get 8 wins, we should probably move on.

I think it would be moronic to fire Frost at this point. I think he can still get it done. But, that doesn’t change the fact that he has done a pretty horrible job thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT