ADVERTISEMENT

special teams apprecitation thread

Announcers kept talking about the threat Rutgers posed on kickoff returns. Totally held in check. Good job!
Read catches a ton of shit on this board but they played well today. Great coverage on kicks against a team with dangerous kick returners. Made all of our FG's. Foltz punted great. Plus we defended the fake punt and came close to blocking a couple punts. I think our special teams will improve on coverage once we have more LB's and Safeties to play on the coverage teams. Our lack of depth plus injuries to those positions really hurt the coverage teams. I use to love watching Carlos Polk run down the field and destroy people on returns. he had a nose for the ball and punished people who tried to block him. Similar to what Jano is doing to people. GBR

Read catches a ton of shit on this board but they played well today. Great coverage on kicks against a team with dangerous kick returners. Made all of our FG's. Foltz punted great. Plus we defended the fake punt and came close to blocking a couple punts. I think our special teams will improve on coverage once we have more LB's and Safeties to play on the coverage teams. Our lack of depth plus injuries to those positions really hurt the coverage teams. I use to love watching Carlos Polk run down the field and destroy people on returns. he had a nose for the ball and punished people who tried to block him. Similar to what Jano is doing to people. GBR
I don't get why read catches so much heat. I mean it's not like these coaches are making way more than the rest of the country and I just witnessed our former LB coach slap a player on the head and injure him. Not to mention our former HC get 2 personal fouls and cost his team the game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT