ADVERTISEMENT

@spartanhusker and KSHSAA?

Dude, you are hearing "stories" from "friends"

I literally work in field at one of "those schools" with tons of connections to all the schools in the area.

I know what does and doesn't go on.

It is not about being "secretly wealthy" it is about doing what you think is best for your kids and sacrificing.

How many of these "full rides" do you think these schools are giving out? Does every player get one? Please tell me more.

We 100% recruit...we do not give out "full rides". It makes no sense.

I have no idea how many, or whatever. I do 100% know it is happening. There are inner city kids, out-of-state kids, etc coming to schools like Miege to play sports, and there is no "sacrificing", etc that is going to make these families afford it. We have posters here that know firsthand of it happening, I have plenty of stories, but everyone that knows about it is lying, right?

So these schools already pick who they get. Recruit the best players from wherever to play for them. Beat up on small rural schools in the classification on the way to countless titles. And now want to act like it is just because they care more. Talk about being born on 3rd base and acting like you hit a triple.

I have no idea how many, or whatever. I do 100% know it is happening. There are inner city kids, out-of-state kids, etc coming to schools like Miege to play sports, and there is no "sacrificing", etc that is going to make these families afford it. We have posters here that know firsthand of it happening, I have plenty of stories, but everyone that knows about it is lying, right?

So these schools already pick who they get. Recruit the best players from wherever to play for them. Beat up on small rural schools in the classification on the way to countless titles. And now want to act like it is just because they care more. Talk about being born on 3rd base and acting like you hit a triple.
You are correct.

You are correct.

I'm not the one living in lala land here, you are. You want to piss on everyone's head and tell them it's raining. Despite all evidence to the contrary, you believe all accounts are false and everyone else on Earth is lying, so you can keep up your imagined natural superiority. What a joke.

Reactions: baseball31ne
I'm not the one living in lala land here, you are. You want to piss on everyone's head and tell them it's raining. Despite all evidence to the contrary, you believe all accounts are false and everyone else on Earth is lying, so you can keep up your imagined natural superiority. What a joke.
Oh uh...guess your kids did not get that "Full Ride" to Our Lady of the Worthless Miracle High School.

Thanks for sharing all your "evidence"

• Haha
Reactions: headcard
Dude, you are hearing "stories" from "friends"

I literally work in field at one of "those schools" with tons of connections to all the schools in the area.

I know what does and doesn't go on.

It is not about being "secretly wealthy" it is about doing what you think is best for your kids and sacrificing.

How many of these "full rides" do you think these schools are giving out? Does every player get one? Please tell me more.

We 100% recruit...we do not give out "full rides". It makes no sense.
The last line is where you need to focus, your private school does not do this great, it doesn’t mean others don’t.

Oh uh...guess your kids did not get that "Full Ride" to Our Lady of the Worthless Miracle High School.

Thanks for sharing all your "evidence"

Sure anyone that thinks these powerhouse schools, loaded with D-1 recruits from the inner city and other states, just might be recruiting and that playing in the same classification as small rural schools might now make sense must be jealous their children don't attend. Talk about arrogance. Again, stacking the deck and acting superior. It's one thing to do it, but to act like it's not happening, absurd.

Kids just show up from the inner city to play football at Miege, tuition in hand. Here's Shane Ray talking about growing up in the inner city with a single mother. Amazing how she found the tuition to send him to suburban Kansas to play football.

The last line is where you need to focus, your private school does not do this great, it doesn’t mean others don’t.

Exactly, which I have pointed out time and again. There are plenty of examples, especially in JoCo. But I guess admitting that hurts his ability to act superior.

Exactly, which I have pointed out time and again. There are plenty of examples, especially in JoCo. But I guess admitting that hurts his ability to act superior.
Dude, how am I acting superior? I have never gone to state in the sport I coach, I have only had one winning season.

You are losing it.

Think about this.

School says to 8th grader "Come here to play ball and it will be FREE!"

Kid goes to that school and decides he doesn't want to play. What does the school do? Kick him out? Could you imagine????

Academic scholarships are awarded full and partial ones.

Just to give you an idea how crazy it gets.

When I taught and coached at Boys Town, we had parents of other schools accuse us of "recruiting" kids to play at Boys Town.

• Wow

When I taught and coached at Boys Town, we had parents of other schools accuse us of "recruiting" kids to play at Boys Town.

Are you familiar with the schools we are talking about in this thread? I am sorry someone once accused Boys Town of recruiting, as strange as that is. But schools like Aquinas, Miege and St. James are taking athletes (often 4 and even 5 star athletes) from the inner city and from out of state (See the Ray article above). The have rosters loaded with D-1 players and are destroying rural 4-A schools every week, because they have the same enrollment. Miege beat Louisberg by 54 points in the Boys Basketball Chmpionship, because they have a loaded roster of recruited players. Acting like this isn’t going on and assuming they just care more or work harder is extremely naive and/or arrogant.

I know how crazy it gets, I volunteer in a NE Nebraska public, we get a option enrollment from another school, you should hear the accusations. You can’t take this personal, all we are saying is there are Athletes in some privates that aren’t paying their way.

Dude, how am I acting superior? I have never gone to state in the sport I coach, I have only had one winning season.

You are losing it.

“Oh uh...guess your kids did not get that "Full Ride" to Our Lady of the Worthless Miracle High School”

“What we do and can do is hold kids accountable”

“It is not about being "secretly wealthy" it is about doing what you think is best for your kids and sacrificing.”

“know all of you "know someone" that got a free ride but that just is not the case”

Pretending that these schools aren’t recruiting and finding ways to waive tuition for athletes and are just sacrificing and holding kids accountable, is the definition of acting superior. I don’t really even have a dog in this fight, but it is so obvious with the JoCo privates (and some other) and acting like the publics they beat up on just don’t care as much or work as hard is pretty shitty.

Last edited:
“Oh uh...guess your kids did not get that "Full Ride" to Our Lady of the Worthless Miracle High School”

“What we do and can do is hold kids accountable”

“It is not about being "secretly wealthy" it is about doing what you think is best for your kids and sacrificing.”

“know all of you "know someone" that got a free ride but that just is not the case”

Pretending that these schools aren’t recruiting and finding ways to waive tuition for athletes and are just sacrificing and holding kids accountable, is the definition of acting superior. I don’t really even have a dog in this fight, but it is so obvious with the JoCo privates (and some other) and acting like the publics they beat up on just don’t care as much or work as hard is pretty shitty.
Good lord, I would hate to see what it looks like when you do have a dog in the fight.

I will just leave this here. It is about Nebraska's open enrollment and how players are going "where they want". Kansas has approved open enrollment as well so I would expect some of the same results. I am sure there is no public recruiting going on, only privates.

https://omaha.com/sports/high-schoo...cle_33504d7a-1a65-11ed-b451-db970ca54112.html
This thread was never about open enrollment in the public schools, the main disagreement was whether Athletes were getting their tuition waived or covered by someone other than them in the privates.

This thread was never about open enrollment in the public schools, the main disagreement was whether Athletes were getting their tuition waived or covered by someone other than them in the privates.
Well, I started the thread. It was about KSHSAA submitting to KSDE a plan for those privates to be moved up a class if they won 5 championships of any kind in 5 years period, no matter what the sport. Spartan's tennis team would, completely by itself be responsible for all KSHAA activities being moved up a class due his teams success alone. Please dispute those facts.

The accusation was the reason for the ruling was that privates get better by being able to recruit and decide who gets to attend their school. I haven't seen one fact on here, a lot of speculation though and I heard someone say, you know the "they said" that privates are scouring the country and giving out $10,000 (my number) private scholarships to entice players to play for them. Of course, completely ignore the comments from those who work at privates. I have worked as an administrator at both public and private schools as an FYI.

While, at the same time, the backdrop is that public schools are free to entice (I didn't say recruit) a kid to come play for them in Nebraska and soon will be able to do the same in Kansas with the open enrollment plan. Bottom line is the kids have choices, what a concept in America!

Well, I started the thread. It was about KSHSAA submitting to KSDE a plan for those privates to be moved up a class if they won 5 championships of any kind in 5 years period, no matter what the sport. Spartan's tennis team would, completely by itself be responsible for all KSHAA activities being moved up a class due his teams success alone. Please dispute those facts.

The accusation was the reason for the ruling was that privates get better by being able to recruit and decide who gets to attend their school. I haven't seen one fact on here, a lot of speculation though and I heard someone say, you know the "they said" that privates are scouring the country and giving out $10,000 (my number) private scholarships to entice players to play for them. Of course, completely ignore the comments from those who work at privates. I have worked as an administrator at both public and private schools as an FYI.

While, at the same time, the backdrop is that public schools are free to entice (I didn't say recruit) a kid to come play for them in Nebraska and soon will be able to do the same in Kansas with the open enrollment plan. Bottom line is the kids have choices, what a concept in America!
Ok, but the majority of the post was whether or not when those privates were recruiting the athletes, was the athletes paying their own way , and while most in Nebraska have open enrollment not all do. If you remember that was what the big scrap about Gretna was.

We HAVE to meet!!! How have I gone this long without getting to know you???:)

BTW....Wesley Fair is headed to KSU to play at semester.....no basketball...:(

I think a multiplier has merits and should be implemented for all private schools, regardless of the championship thing. That is common sense and what most states do. Private schools get to pick and choose 100% of their students, while public schools must take the students that live in their district. That is 100% a fact. I don't think the success thing should matter and is a cop-out for KSHSAA.

Also, pretending like private schools are not recruiting and waiving tuition for athletes is silly. Yes, there was one poster on here saying his private school doesn't do this, so no private schools do, but you and he are choosing to ignore other posters who personally know athletes who have had tuition waived. Are you familiar with some of the schools we have talked about in this thread? Bishop Miege operates like an IMG Academy taking athletes from all over, and they compete against rural schools made up of kids from their towns. Did you read the article about Shane Ray, growing up in a single-parent home in abject poverty in Missouri, who played at Miege? The privates in JoCo don't even really hide it, so there really is no reason to pretend like it isn't happening. It doesn't mean every private operates that way, but they do, and seeing posters who are probably unfamiliar with them acting like this is a wild conspiracy or some sort of sour grapes and that these programs are just better because they care more or are more disciplined or whatever is complete BS.

Open enrollment is actually allowed now in Kansas (if the school allows it). The change coming soon is that public schools will not be able to pick and choose which out-of-district kids they take and must do so on a first-come basis. However, I find the whole open enrollment thing is a strange justification. Since some schools can take out of district students, they are on a level playing field with private schools picking and choosing 100% of their students?

Last edited:
In sports where schedules are made by Athletic directors, why don't the Public schools quit playing the private schools? If they are in your conference, all the publics leave and join a new conference without a private school.

In sports where schedules are made by Athletic directors, why don't the Public schools quit playing the private schools? If they are in your conference, all the publics leave and join a new conference without a private school.
It’s not just the regular season, it’s the state’s competition, the easiest way to fix this is use the enrollment multiplier for privates. Some States us this already.

It’s not just the regular season, it’s the state’s competition, the easiest way to fix this is use the enrollment multiplier for privates. Some States us this already.
I just wonder how much these schools could recruit if they don't have any public schools to play during the regular season.

I don't know how scheduling is done in NE but in Kansas, every two years the AD's meet in Topeka and the state pretty much puts a schedule together to make sure you get the district games you need, league is next, then you get to pick who you want to play for a couple of games. It wasn't the AD just making phone calls in FB. In BB, you have home and away and track it is whichever ones the AD picks along with the head coaches.

make-it-stop-stop.gif

I don't know how scheduling is done in NE but in Kansas, every two years the AD's meet in Topeka and the state pretty much puts a schedule together to make sure you get the district games you need, league is next, then you get to pick who you want to play for a couple of games. It wasn't the AD just making phone calls in FB. In BB, you have home and away and track it is whichever ones the AD picks along with the head coaches.
It is pretty specific to the sport here in NE.

For football you have your conference games that are set, then your 3-4 non conference games that are what you can sort of "pick" with a few requirements.

For sports with no "conference" it is basically just the AD's. I have had it where we played the same team 3 times in a season, regular season!

It is pretty specific to the sport here in NE.

For football you have your conference games that are set, then your 3-4 non conference games that are what you can sort of "pick" with a few requirements.

For sports with no "conference" it is basically just the AD's. I have had it where we played the same team 3 times in a season, regular season!
The state sets your entire football schedule, you put down a list of non district games you would prefer to play , you may get some of them , but you really have no control on what you get.

Lots of talk about football and basketball here... but we all know this was driven by someone blowing the whistle on Spartanhusker's lavish recruiting budget. :Cool:

the people feel the privates are controlling the enrollment to stay in a certain class ,, they can pick and choose who they take,

This is such a tired trope. People “feel” is the right way to put it I guess.
But feeling isnt fact. Just because norm down at the gas station says he bets its happening, doesnt mean its happening.
People are very ignorant on the amount of $$$ it takes to run a school. Enrollment, tuition and endowment are the lifeblood of parochial schools. They nickel and dime like crazy, mostly. (Few examples of Big purchases are almost always donor earmarked.)
You really think Norfolk Catholic wants to be on the bottom end if C2? They won titles like crazy in C1 which s exactly where they wish they still were. Just one example. This “control enrollment to win in sports” stuff is classic projection…people think sports are all that matter in private schools, when in reality sports are all that matter to them and they are bitter the private schools win so much. Participation, parent involvement, tradition, standards matter.

Someone go tell howells dodge or crofton girls they win too much. Crickets.

Are you familiar with the schools we are talking about in this thread? I am sorry someone once accused Boys Town of recruiting, as strange as that is. But schools like Aquinas, Miege and St. James are taking athletes (often 4 and even 5 star athletes) from the inner city and from out of state (See the Ray article above). The have rosters loaded with D-1 players and are destroying rural 4-A schools every week, because they have the same enrollment. Miege beat Louisberg by 54 points in the Boys Basketball Chmpionship, because they have a loaded roster of recruited players. Acting like this isn’t going on and assuming they just care more or work harder is extremely naive and/or arrogant.
I dont know what state this is, I can only speak to nebraska.

The two that might recruit are creighton prep (but class A and literally every class A school in nebraska does) and parkview christian, they are d2. Recruiting happens a lot at some public schools, but not most. I have witnessed more recruiting for sports from public schools than private.

As far as the school you listed, the hyperbole doesnt help your case. Theres no way Meige, whoever that is, has a roster “full” of recruited players. Believe it or not at least some of their good players are there regardless of the basketball coach offering them a scholarship. Cmon.

It isnt easy and it isnt right. Its pure jealous BS power plays from government funded schools.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT