ADVERTISEMENT

Sparky's sauce locations in West Omaha?

Ohio_husker

Sophomore
Sep 10, 2002
Hey,

I saw a thread on tMB and it reminded me. I will be in the area next week and need to pick up some sauce! I have always had to have it delivered by family because we usually fly in. However, I am driving next week and don't know the places to get it there locally. Will be staying in Ashland but probably will be going to Lincoln and West/North Omaha at least once each.

Thanks !

This post was edited on 3/16 11:01 AM by Ohio_husker

Re: Sparky's sauce

I get mine at the Hy-Vee on 156th and Maple or 108th and Fort.

Originally posted by Ohio_husker:
Hey,

I saw a thread on tMB and it reminded me. I will be in the area next week and need to pick up some sauce! I have always had to have it delivered by family because we usually fly in. However, I am driving next week and don't know the places to get it there locally. Will be staying in Ashland but probably will be going to Lincoln and West/North Omaha at least once each.

Thanks !

The only Hy-Vee in Nebraska that doesn't carry it is the one on Cass, that I'm aware of. All of the ones in Lincoln carry it as well as Del Gould Meats in Lincoln.

Thanks for the support.

It took me awhile to find it at my Hy-Vee (52nd and Center). It is not in the BBQ section. It is by the deli in a stand called Local Products or something similar.

Thanks all. Do they carry gallons or just the jars?

Sparky, its pretty easy to support something when it is that good. Grilled chicken and Sparky's sauce is now the meal the wife makes on my birthday 2 years running.

I should load up next time I'm in town. The lady made some chicken meatballs with Frank's a while back and I ate them solely so that I wouldn't look like an ingrate. The whole time I was thinking, "all the effort you spent making these...wasted by that garbage sauce...."

I've only ever bought the jars, can't say I've seen the gallons, but I'm a couple blocks from the store so I'm never interested in mass quantities.

Originally posted by TheBeav815:
I should load up next time I'm in town. The lady made some chicken meatballs with Frank's a while back and I ate them solely so that I wouldn't look like an ingrate. The whole time I was thinking, "all the effort you spent making these...wasted by that garbage sauce...."
roll.r191677.gif
Thanks Beav. BTW, I'm giving away free sauce IF I can get to 1,000 likes on my Sparkys FB page and we're also giving away sauce in Husker Airs bracket challenge.

Thanks all. Do they carry gallons or just the jars?

Sparky, its pretty easy to support something when it is that good. Grilled chicken and Sparky's sauce is now the meal the wife makes on my birthday 2 years running.
First off thanks. The only way to get gallons is from my web site. Sorry. Thanks again for the kind words.

Originally posted by sparky62:
Hey,

Thanks !

The only Hy-Vee in Nebraska that doesn't carry it is the one on Cass, that I'm aware of. All of the ones in Lincoln carry it as well as Del Gould Meats in Lincoln.

Thanks for the support.
The one on 108th and Fort never has it!!!

Originally posted by big red22:

Hey,

Thanks !

Thanks for the support.
The one on 108th and Fort never has it!!!
DANG it. Have you ever filled out a customer request form at the courtesy counter? If not, give that a try & then send me an email and then I'll send that to the warehouse. Here is the product number if that will help. #120424.

Originally posted by GretnaShawn:
It took me awhile to find it at my Hy-Vee (52nd and Center). It is not in the BBQ section. It is by the deli in a stand called Local Products or something similar.
It is on the shelf.
I put a couple jars in the BBQ section sometimes when I go.

They must have cameras or peoples watching because I got questioned for doing it.

Originally posted by c2o:
It is on the shelf.

They must have cameras or peoples watching because I got questioned for doing it.
roll.r191677.gif

I'm not usually into reality TV, but I would pay good money to see the security video of c2o being held for questioning in the great Sparky's sauce relocation caper.

It is on the shelf.

roll.r191677.gif
too!

Originally posted by bigboxes:
It is on the shelf.

innocent0009.r191677.gif

roll.r191677.gif
Thanks Beav. BTW, I'm giving away free sauce IF I can get to 1,000 likes on my Sparkys FB page and we're also giving away sauce in Husker Airs bracket challenge.
You're at 917. That recipe for some reason also called for a full stick of butter to go in the crock pot with the sauce and the meatballs. By the time I took a swing and a miss on some bleu cheese dressing, the whole meal was a labor of love.

Who do you like for bleu cheese?

roll.r191677.gif
You're at 917. That recipe for some reason also called for a full stick of butter to go in the crock pot with the sauce and the meatballs. By the time I took a swing and a miss on some bleu cheese dressing, the whole meal was a labor of love.

Who do you like for bleu cheese?
Dreisbachs, hands down. Angie makes the best blue cheese around & I hate blue cheese. And yes, that is the same Dreisbachs family that owned the great steakhouse here in GI. All of their dressings are available. BTW, I upped the contest to include the new "SPARKYS FIRE". So now I'm giving away 3 jars to someone.

Sparky...I would love to try the Sparky's Fire Sauce as new wing sauce at Dave's Place in North Platte if you are interested...our customers absolutely love the regular sauce on our "Sweet & Tangy" wings! Let me know...I can shoot you an email as well...

Originally posted by bigboxes:

It is on the shelf.

roll.r191677.gif
I
roll.r191677.gif
too!
Not saying that I know a guy who's done this, but is it against the rules to move the shelf stickers & then move a certain product up 3 shelves.
innocent0009.r191677.gif
I have been looked at funny several times for doing a "Sparky's" sales presentation in the aisle at the HyVee by our place. Once had quite a crowd gatthered.

Originally posted by oldzebra2000:

Sparky...I would love to try the Sparky's Fire Sauce as new wing sauce at Dave's Place in North Platte if you are interested...our customers absolutely love the regular sauce on our "Sweet & Tangy" wings! Let me know...I can shoot you an email as well...
Shoot me an email with a phone number. Would love to talk to you about it. BTW, I'm having some banners made up as we speak. I haven't forgot.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Like I said, It's almost complete & I'm still getting feedback from people.

I tip my hat to all of you guys at Dave's Place for the support. You have no idea how much we appreciate it.

sparkys@sparkyswingsauce.com

This post was edited on 3/17 8:32 PM by sparky62

Originally posted by Archie Graham:
folks should do anything they can to get the Fire! I've had it and love it!
It's still a ways out yet Arch. Labels, wholesalers, advertising etc. BTW, thanks for everything & I bottled 29 bottles of wine today.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Just meant folks should study there brackets hard so they can try to win a jar.

Glad the bottling went well. Did you taste it?

Originally posted by Archie Graham:
Just meant folks should study there brackets hard so they can try to win a jar.

Glad the bottling went well. Did you taste it?
Thanks buddy. I agree. Everyone needs to fill out a bracket.

Bottling went well, except for the transfer. I had wine allover my face & shirt until I got it primed & the siphon
tube attached.
ashamed0001.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT