ADVERTISEMENT

SPAM...The actual meat.

litespeedhuskerfan

Nebraska Legend
Aug 27, 2006
Sizzle, pork, and mmmm.

Who's had it?? Seeing a ton of commercials for it that I don't remember seeing before the virus...I have yet to try it and my first question would be to anyone who bought it is, "Did the store run out of actual meat"?

Sizzle, pork, and mmmm.

Who's had it?? Seeing a ton of commercials for it that I don't remember seeing before the virus...I have yet to try it and my first question would be to anyone who bought it is, "Did the store run out of actual meat"?
It's actually pretty good. Fry it up on a cast iron pan. Try cutting thin and thick and see which you prefer. I saw some awhile back as well as Treet brand. Man I don't remember them being that expensive 30 yrs ago comparable to other meat prices. I remember it being a cheap alternative. Not so much today

Reactions: Crazyhole
It's actually pretty good. Fry it up on a cast iron pan. Try cutting thin and thick and see which you prefer. I saw some awhile back as well as Treet brand. Man I don't remember them being that expensive 30 yrs ago comparable to other meat prices. I remember it being a cheap alternative. Not so much today
Cube it up, fry it, and use it in omelets.

SPAM has a bit of a cult following. It's a bit too salty for my taste but I get the nostalgic appeal. I still like food that brings back good childhood memories - like Mrs. Butterworth's vs. the $15 pure maple syrup. I'll take the former every time.

Had it a few times as a kid. Remember it tasted like somebody had chewed up some ham, spit it back out, and served it on a plate.

if i was starving and wanted to go on living, then yes i would cook the shit out it, stomp it a couple times, cook it some more until dark brown. on the other hand dad loved it.

When I was still travelling to other countries for a couple of months at a time I would always take 2 2lb logs of Velveeta cheese & 2 cans of Spam. Once going thru customs in Moscow they kept taking the Velveeta out & debating on keeping it - could have been a war breaking out. They knew better than to mess with my 2 cans of Spam. True story. GBA/GBR

When I was still travelling to other countries for a couple of months at a time I would always take 2 2lb logs of Velveeta cheese & 2 cans of Spam. Once going thru customs in Moscow they kept taking the Velveeta out & debating on keeping it - could have been a war breaking out. They knew better than to mess with my 2 cans of Spam. True story. GBA/GBR

I'm guessing you're referring to the Moscow in Russia. FWIW you don't have to go thru customs here in Moscow, Idaho. Winking

Reactions: Crazyhole
You guys are terrible, SPAM is no better or worse than any other processed canned meat. Not my favorite, but I have no problem eating it on occasion.

You know what most lunchmeats are comprised of, yes?

Canned pork shoulder and ham plus too much salt.

We got a spam cookbook in Hawai'i a few years back, it is the rage there, and here too with our large Filipino community.

You guys are terrible, SPAM is no better or worse than any other processed canned meat. Not my favorite, but I have no problem eating it on occasion.

You know what most lunchmeats are comprised of, yes?

Canned pork shoulder and ham plus too much salt.

We got a spam cookbook in Hawai'i a few years back, it is the rage there, and here too with our large Filipino community.
Filipinos really like spam and also canned corned beef. the cheaper the better lol.

fry a thin sliced of spam and put on a burger w.cheese.
its not bad, but i've only done it a few times.

Reactions: otismotis08
besides the original, there is a variety of different flavors now. i don't mind it at all.

ADVERTISEMENT