ADVERTISEMENT

Southeastern La.

scarletred

Nebraska Legend
Jun 17, 2001
Wonder if Moos is making any headway moving the Southeastern La game from November 13th to September 4th..

This game needs to be played in September for more reasons than one..

Reactions: huskerfan66
Wonder if Moos is making any headway moving the Southeastern La game from November 13th to September 4th..

This game needs to be played in September for more reasons than one..

There are rumors that a Sept 4th game is happening, but SE Louisiana will NOT be the opponent. They have a home game scheduled that day.

The Huskers may be adding a team from the Big South Conference for Sept 4th.

There are rumors that a Sept 4th game is happening, but SE Louisiana will NOT be the opponent. They have a home game scheduled that day.

The Huskers may be adding a team from the Big South Conference for Sept 4th.

What I thought I heard was they were trying to find a opponent for the team Southeastern La was going to play on Sept 4th.. Maybe I miss understood..

What I thought I heard was they were trying to find a opponent for the team Southeastern La was going to play on Sept 4th.. Maybe I miss understood..

Instead, I think they worked with SE Louisiana to connect them with an opponent on their open date in late September. In turn, this freed up Sept 4th for another opponent which will come to Nebraska.

Reactions: scarletred
Switching out Nov. 13 for Sept. 4 creates a better rhythm to the season:
  • Eight games in eight weeks to open and create some momentum with the potential for a 3-0 start.
    • One road conference game (@Illinois)
    • Three non-conference games, two at home (TBD, Buffalo, @Zero U.)
    • Four conference games (@MSU, NW, Mich, @Minn)
  • BYE WEEK (10/23)
  • Two home games (PU, OSU)
  • BYE WEEK (11/13)
  • Two games that could determine division championship, if we're in the hunt (@UW, Iowa)
It also provides more early-season recruiting opportunities because of the spread of home games:
  • Two home games in September (9/4 and 9/11)
  • Three home games in October (10/2, 10/9 and 10/30)
  • Two home games in November (11/6 and 11/26)
Road-home is also broken up more evenly:
1 road, two home, two road, two home, one road, BYE, two home, BYE, one road, one home.

No. An easy win could be needed.

It's the smart thing the SEC schools do to rest their starters late in the season

Soo what will it cost? SE La is coming here for the$$ plain and simple. If I'm them I'll reschedule as long as I'm made whole. We may wind up paying them a little plus the team coming in here. Hopefully a net zero

The Ivy League doesn't start until the 18th of September

USC Upstate or High Point would be similar coming from Big South Conference..
Big South member schools for 2021 fall football:
  1. Campbell (@ Liberty on Sept. 4)
  2. Charleston Southern (vs. Mercer on Sept. 2)
  3. Gardner-Webb (@ Georgia Southern on Sept. 4)
  4. Hampton (moved from MEAC) (vs. Virginia Union on Sept. 4)
  5. Kennesaw State (vs. Reinhart on Sept. 4)
  6. Monmouth (@ Middle Tennessee on Sept. 4)
  7. North Alabama (moved from Division II) (@ SE Louisiana on Sept. 4)
  8. North Carolina A&T (moved from MEAC) (@ Furman on Sept. 4)
  9. Robert Morris (@ Dayton on Sept. 4)

Big South member schools for 2021 fall football:
  1. Campbell (@ Liberty on Sept. 4)
  2. Charleston Southern (vs. Mercer on Sept. 2)
  3. Gardner-Webb (@ Georgia Southern on Sept. 4)
  4. Hampton (moved from MEAC) (vs. Virginia Union on Sept. 4)
  5. Kennesaw State (vs. Reinhart on Sept. 4)
  6. Monmouth (@ Middle Tennessee on Sept. 4)
  7. North Alabama (moved from Division II) (@ SE Louisiana on Sept. 4)
  8. North Carolina A&T (moved from MEAC) (@ Furman on Sept. 4)
  9. Robert Morris (@ Dayton on Sept. 4)

Moos is going to be SOL if we doesn’t get anything done by June 1st..

New news from Moos.
Nebraska will announce late this week or early next week and it’s 50/50 on whether that opponent will be Southeastern La.
Moos said “they would have to adjust their schedule if they can’t do it we will have to talk to others sniffing around, but it’s not a easy thing and it’s not inexpensive “

New news from Moos.
Nebraska will announce late this week or early next week and it’s 50/50 on whether that opponent will be Southeastern La.
Moos said “they would have to adjust their schedule if they can’t do it we will have to talk to others sniffing around, but it’s not a easy thing and it’s not inexpensive “
If I was SE La I’d accept no less than full freight for accommodating Moos and his crying poor routine.

New news from Moos.
University can pay them with the money they got from heerf, over 81 million.

fun tool if you want to see where your hard earned tax dollars are going: https://www.randoland.us/heerf-inst/

Check out the $ sent to cosmetology schools
Yep. I don't think anyone needs to feel sorry for educational institutions. I was reading an article the other day and it said on a local level pay attention to what school boards are spending$$ on because they got a lot through the cares act. Also many private schools applied for PPP.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT