ADVERTISEMENT

Sources: Alabama to hire Greg Byrne from Arizona as new AD

First step in firing an unsuccessful head football coach... now with the new AD in place Saban is probably on pins and needles after losing to Clemson... I'd be surprised if he survived more than a week after signing day.
hotseat....Winking

Last edited:
Reactions: timnsun
First step in firing an unsuccessful head football coach... now with the new AD in place Saban is probably on pins and needles after losing to Clemson... I'd be surprised if he survived more than a week after signing day.
I think you are confusing the chain of command at Alabama. Sabah interviewed Byrne to ensure he was the right fit. Appears he will be allowed to report to Saban.

It's clear that guy was sent to Alabama to sabotage the program.

This is a great hire for Alabama. Greg will not have a problem working with Saban as he has his Dad to consult with. You better believe that Bill working with Tom Osborne in the 90's is akin to working with Saban at Alabama right now. And if Greg is like his Dad, he'll live with the tunnel vision of his head coach, accept it, and still thrive.

Happy to see Greg doing so well. Great family.

This is a great hire for Alabama. Greg will not have a problem working with Saban as he has his Dad to consult with. You better believe that Bill working with Tom Osborne in the 90's is akin to working with Saban at Alabama right now. And if Greg is like his Dad, he'll live with the tunnel vision of his head coach, accept it, and still thrive.

Happy to see Greg doing so well. Great family.
Bill Byrne and Tom Osborne had MAJOR problems....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT