ADVERTISEMENT

Sounds like a 4-Star flip may be coming our way...

Personally I think the transfer portal will die out in the next 3-5 years. The pattern shows that probably 9/10 times when you enter it, you’re ending up at an FCS, very low FBS, or even D2. Kids will recognize that at some point. They’ll see their best move is to make the most of the position they are in. To clarify, I’m talking about players voluntarily doing it, not being dismissed from a team. Those dismissed likely will be 9.5/10 times. Obviously always the outliers

my honest opinion, I think and feel every player that commits, signs and get on campus of said team, should be forced to at least a minimum of 1 year with said program. Schools/teams put in a ton of time recruiting players, paying for official visits and so on. The player should at least give it a shot if they go as far as making it to campus. Unless there is something like a family issue, medical problems or something major like that.

Bru McCoy is the perfect example. McCoy went back and forth between USC and Texas. I can’t even remember how many times and we are talking transferring, Not just committing and then de committing. Examples like that are just ridiculous, at some point the player needs to forced to stay put or pay the price (some type of sanctions or something).

Last edited:
my honest opinion, I think and feel every player that commits, signs and get on campus of said team, should be forced to at least a minimum of 1 year with said program. Schools/teams put in a ton of time recruiting players, paying for official visits and so on. The player should at least give it a shot if they go as far as making it to campus. Unless there is something like a family issue, medical problems or something major like that.

Seeing guys like Greene, Gray, and Francois are perfect examples. Greene and Gray both had family issues arise, so those 2 I get and understand. Jaiden Francois on the other hand, he left because he was home sick. End of story.

Bru McCoy is the perfect example. Dudes went back and forth between USC and Texas. I can’t even remember how many times and we are talking transferring. Not just committing and then de committing. Examples like that are just ridiculous, at some point the player needs to forced to stay out or pay the price (some type of sanctions or something).

I agree with you fully. But even with the family emergency thing, I’m still not willing to give fully there because there needs to be a discussion beforehand within that family, in case anyone is showing anything concerning, and determining if that kid wants to risk being that far away or if there is a chance they’d come home or not.

Personally I think the transfer portal will die out in the next 3-5 years. The pattern shows that probably 9/10 times when you enter it, you’re ending up at an FCS, very low FBS, or even D2. Kids will recognize that at some point. They’ll see their best move is to make the most of the position they are in. To clarify, I’m talking about players voluntarily doing it, not being dismissed from a team. Those dismissed likely will be 9.5/10 times. Obviously always the outliers
I’d love for you to be right on this, but as long as you see people like Justin Fields, or Jaylen hurts have the kind of success that they had kids will push to transfer hoping they’ll get to the big name schools and excel like that did... most of the kids that voluntarily transfer have an inflated image of how good they are, and think they should be starting over the other person..

for me I’d prefer to see the NCAA put some kind of stipulations to the portal, like you can’t enter within the first year after signing your LOI without burning your redshirt or a year of eligibility without a hardship that is requiring you to transfer, and another Stipulation Saying if you played x amount of snaps then you’ll lose a year of eligibility without an approved hardship requiring you to transfer... there has to be some guidelines that will prevent kids from treating it like a free for all... and if any college is caught tampering and trying to convince kids to transfer then they lose like 5 scholarships or a one year post season ban or something to discourage teams from poaching like that

I agree with you fully. But even with the family emergency thing, I’m still not willing to give fully there because there needs to be a discussion beforehand within that family, in case anyone is showing anything concerning, and determining if that kid wants to risk being that far away or if there is a chance they’d come home or not.

right, they know how far away a team is and they more then likely know about family issues before hand and so on. If they still sign and go to that teams campus, they should be forced to at least stay a full season before hitting the transfer portal. If they’d do that, it would help a lot with the transfer portal issues they are having now.

Reactions: Clemke32
right, they know how far away a team is and they more then likely know about family issues before hand and so on. If they still sign and go to that teams campus, they should be forced to at least stay a full season before hitting the transfer portal. If they’d do that, it would help a lot with the transfer portal issues they are having now.
I agree, and I think all of that is “fair”

I’d love for you to be right on this, but as long as you see people like Justin Fields, or Jaylen hurts have the kind of success that they had kids will push to transfer hoping they’ll get to the big name schools and excel like that did... most of the kids that voluntarily transfer have an inflated image of how good they are, and think they should be starting over the other person..

for me I’d prefer to see the NCAA put some kind of stipulations to the portal, like you can’t enter within the first year after signing your LOI without burning your redshirt or a year of eligibility without a hardship that is requiring you to transfer, and another Stipulation Saying if you played x amount of snaps then you’ll lose a year of eligibility without an approved hardship requiring you to transfer... there has to be some guidelines that will prevent kids from treating it like a free for all... and if any college is caught tampering and trying to convince kids to transfer then they lose like 5 scholarships or a one year post season ban or something to discourage teams from poaching like that
I mean simply put I didn’t see anything wrong with the old rules. You transfer D1 to D1 and you’re sitting out a year, no questions asked. D1 to anything lower you’re fine. Know your family situation and have those conversations before leaving town. Sorry, build thicker skin and honor commitments. Sometimes life sucks

I mean simply put I didn’t see anything wrong with the old rules. You transfer D1 to D1 and you’re sitting out a year, no questions asked. D1 to anything lower you’re fine. Know your family situation and have those conversations before leaving town. Sorry, build thicker skin and honor commitments. Sometimes life sucks
I agree whole heartedly, and I find it hard to believe that the NCAA couldn’t foresee this kind of stuff happening... I get some times family circumstances change after the fact so I’d allow leeway there, but until the NCAA starts enforcing rules and actually having consequences and repercussions for kids bouncing because they’re homesick or didn’t start then this is what we’ll be stuck with... I really don’t like the NCAA’s body or work, it’s time for them to actually figure out how to get this stuff under control, and I feel like that’s not asking for a whole lot form them seeing as how everyday fans can kick around some pretty solid ideas on how to make this all work

Reactions: huskerssalts
YEAH! It is all great and all, but how about we win some damn games with the players we have before we get all pumped up about a player that's still in high-school and a tad overrated? It is time in year three to win what we have. The future is now. I do not want to be talking about the stupid rah rah crap in year 3, 4, and 5. Crap is getting old after 20 years.

Last edited:
YEAH! It is all great and all, but how about we win some damn games with the players we have before we get all pumped up about a player that's still in high-school and a tad overrated?

I can’t argue some of that but this is a recruiting message board. Not just a regular football message board. It’s why 95% of us come to this site is to follow Husker recruiting. It is what it is....

Everyone is caught up with flip him, get him, whatever. Maybe we can win some games with the guys currently on our roster? If not, we will be talking about...get him or, flip him or recruit him like we have been doing for 20 years. Due to Covid, this year has been upset city. Win some freaking games. At least upset somebody. Let's hope we are not saying the same hopeful Barb's Hallmark, or excused- filled bullcrap two or three years from now. Put up or shut up. The time is NOW.

Everyone is caught up with flip him, get him, whatever. Maybe we can win some games with the guys currently on our roster? If not, we will be talking about...get him or, flip him or recruit him like we have been doing for 20 years. Due to Covid, this year has been upset city. Win some freaking games. At least upset somebody. Let's hope we are not saying the same hopeful Barb's Hallmark, or excused- filled bullcrap two or three years from now. Put up or shut up. The time is NOW.
Okay!

Reactions: Chuck003
Nope. If it was Sir Yacht, he would have predicted about 15 different transfer scenarios as "imminent" "for sure" and "happening this weekend" over a 3 - 4 week period.

Then, when one of them finally happened, you'd hear " see, Sir Yacht was right"!
I wish Sipple could be like Sir Yacht some of the time.

I can’t argue some of that but this is a recruiting message board. Not just a regular football message board. It’s why 95% of us come to this site is to follow Husker recruiting. It is what it is....
All the sites follow recruiting as part of it, but I come here to talk football.

take no offense here but that’s your choice my man. That absolutely doesn’t mean everyone else has to follow suite.
This is by far the biggest message board for Husker football and there's plenty of people here who just follow the football games and don't even care about recruiting. There's not really a good standalone site like other teams have, so even though Rivals is a recruiting service doesn't mean the Nebraska rivals page is just for recruiting discussion.

Reactions: Charlie Marlow
YEAH! It is all great and all, but how about we win some damn games with the players we have before we get all pumped up about a player that's still in high-school and a tad overrated? It is time in year three to win what we have. The future is now. I do not want to be talking about the stupid rah rah crap in year 3, 4, and 5. Crap is getting old after 20 years.
We aren’t playing games yet and recruiting is a huge part of college football no matter who you are. But sure keep yelling “get off my lawn” if it makes you feel better.

This is by far the biggest message board for Husker football and there's plenty of people here who just follow the football games and don't even care about recruiting. There's not really a good standalone site like other teams have, so even though Rivals is a recruiting service doesn't mean the Nebraska rivals page is just for recruiting discussion.

even still, people still come here for football and recruiting my man. That’s just something we all have to accept. It will never change or stop.

We aren’t playing games yet and recruiting is a huge part of college football no matter who you are. But sure keep yelling “get off my lawn” if it makes you feel better.
He has a point. We need to start winning games with the players we have. We're not going to get any better talent if we don't start winning games.

He has a point. We need to start winning games with the players we have. We're not going to get any better talent if we don't start winning games.
No he doesn’t. It’s not either or, recruiting never stops. The whole shut up and play thing is just stupid, games haven’t even started and even if they had, recruiting is still a huge part of CFB. Trying to land a good football player, is not a bad thing.

Last edited:
No he doesn’t. It’s not either or, recruiting never stops. The whole shut up and play thing is just stupid, games haven’t even started and even if they had, recruiting is still a huge part of CFB. Trying to land a good football player, is not a bad thing.
Yet the games are far more important. Plenty of teams that collect good players and never do anything with them.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Yet the games are far more important. Plenty of teams that collect good players and never do anything with them.
That’s just stupid. It’s not one or the other, the best teams are well coached and well prepared, but for the most part, they also have the best players. Recruiting is huge in college football. Coming into a recruiting thread to downplay recruiting and complain about something else is just silly and serves no purpose.

@oldjar07 recruiting is everything. Hell, Bo had 3 chances in 4 years to win a conference title thanks to Callahan.

and when Callahan’s talent all graduated or went to the NFL, you could see the drop off in talent with the players Bo’s staff recruited. Yes, they did hit it on a few players but let’s be real, it wasn’t anywhere near the level of talent in place when he first got here.

Reactions: CatColumbia
That’s just stupid. It’s not one or the other, the best teams are well coached and well prepared, but for the most part, they also have the best players. Recruiting is huge in college football. Coming into a recruiting thread to downplay recruiting and complain about something else is just silly and serves no purpose.
Okay then.

and when Callahan’s talent all graduated or went to the NFL, you could see the drop off in talent with the players Bo’s staff recruited. Yes, they did hit it on a few players but let’s be real, it wasn’t anywhere near the level of talent in place when he first got here.

Just like when Osborne retired. When his talent was depleted, all we were left with was Solich.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT