ADVERTISEMENT

Sounds like a 4-Star flip may be coming our way...

If there is a change of heart and the young man stays in state, great. If it doesn’t happen and he is happy there, great for him.

Stock pile as much talent that wants to be in Lincoln to be part of making the best team possible.

Honestly, hope he decides it’s best to stay in state

I actually think commits that are on the fence are taking a wait and see approch such as Peyton. If they (Commits) and others that have backed off of us see that Frost wasn't just blowin smoke and showing what they've been told? Come December and actual signing day, February could be extremely HUUUUGE for DONU!

Reactions: CatColumbia
Oh there was definitely some talk of that. I’d welcome him fwiw.
i think whenever a kid we were after commits else where there will always be some kind of “we didn’t wan him anyways” kind of animosity, but I do think in this particular case the overwhelming feel on this one was that he was pressured into making this commit and his recruitment wasn’t over with... I mean that was the feel I had with it at least and that was the vibe I was getting from the thread if I remember right... 🤷🏻‍♂️ I will say I may be just confusing what I thought at the time with what I felt the overall vibe was there since I even went in record saying I didn’t feel like his commit would stick... when you read what he had to say when he committed he sure didn’t sound like he was gushing about them

i think whenever a kid we were after commits else where there will always be some kind of “we didn’t wan him anyways” kind of animosity, but I do think in this particular case the overwhelming feel on this one was that he was pressured into making this commit and his recruitment wasn’t over with... I mean that was the feel I had with it at least and that was the vibe I was getting from the thread if I remember right... 🤷🏻‍♂️ I will say I may be just confusing what I thought at the time with what I felt the overall vibe was there since I even went in record saying I didn’t feel like his commit would stick... when you read what he had to say when he committed he sure didn’t sound like he was gushing about them

yeah, I don’t remember anyone saying “We didn’t want him anyways”. I remember a lot of people being confused on the whole commitment to Minnesota considering his top 3 was the Huskers, OSU and LSU and Minnesota wasn’t anywhere to he found. Then all of a sudden, he commits to Minnesota, sight unseen, after he said he want to take visits first and was in no rush. It most definitely was confusing all the way around.

Myself, I simply said this is far from over and even predicted he’d never sign with Minnesota or ever wear a Minnesota uniform. Again, we shall see. GBR

Last edited:
lot of buzz about a current commit to MN not wanting to row the boat and stay home!

I hope so, myself I have kept my mouth shut about the whole thing. Id love to add him to our current commitments and keep the man home. Let’s hope Fisher and Frost flip him from the Gophers.

I remember at the time he committed to Minnesota, I was a bit taken back by the comments on this board. I went back and read some of them, here are a few samples. Some were saying he was "pressured" and Minnesota was not even in his top three. In this time of no visits, and all being done via the internet, that is going to happen since no one knows you are visiting via the net and I don't know how a coach can exactly "pressure" someone over the internet unless you call telling him that they only have so many spots open "pressure."

There is nothing bad about losing Avante Dickerson. The kid is great vs. White kids from Nebraska with 4.8 forties.

But he was routinely torched when he faced D1 athletes who played for Bellevue West.

He will never play at Minnesota and end up at South Dakota or some place similar. Cornicator

https://nebraska.forums.rivals.com/threads/fong-bomb.265789/ this is the thread where it was announced he committed to Minnesota. There are 12 pages of comments.

https://nebraska.forums.rivals.com/threads/avante-dickerson.275797/

Good with me. In a year of the pandemic where players aren’t able to go on official visits, we must secure the best guys within a 500 mile radius.
Between the extension of the "dead period" and no visitors I expect a lot of drama until signing day. This year is just a complete fluster cluck. IF Frost can fill some needs it will be a success. I'm not sure how the whole eligibility thing is going to work out with graduating seniors.

I remember at the time he committed to Minnesota, I was a bit taken back by the comments on this board. I went back and read some of them, here are a few samples. Some were saying he was "pressured" and Minnesota was not even in his top three. In this time of no visits, and all being done via the internet, that is going to happen since no one knows you are visiting via the net and I don't know how a coach can exactly "pressure" someone over the internet unless you call telling him that they only have so many spots open "pressure."

There is nothing bad about losing Avante Dickerson. The kid is great vs. White kids from Nebraska with 4.8 forties.

But he was routinely torched when he faced D1 athletes who played for Bellevue West.

He will never play at Minnesota and end up at South Dakota or some place similar. Cornicator

https://nebraska.forums.rivals.com/threads/fong-bomb.265789/ this is the thread where it was announced he committed to Minnesota. There are 12 pages of comments.

From listening to people who have watched him in person, I hope he isn't one of those home grown guys who doesn't quite pan out. Then again IF he has verified speed that is something we can work with. I was very high on Lamar Jackson's athleticism......oops. Great athlete but not really fast enough to be playing at the level we expected based on his recruiting hype. I hope Avante is a kid who can grow up and learn to love to hit and tackle. It does happen. I played against Kim Baker in high school He was one of the softest linebackers I think I played against all year. He turned in to an All Big 8 backer at NU.

Reactions: CatColumbia

FWIW that thread is ~2.5 pages of comments about Dickerson and 9.5 pages of everyone taking a dump on iowa

as is tradition

yeah, I don’t remember anyone saying “We didn’t want him anyways”. I remember a lot of people being confused on the whole commitment to Minnesota considering his top 3 was the Huskers, OSU and LSU and Minnesota wasn’t anywhere to he found. Then all of a sudden, he commits to Minnesota, sight unseen, after he said he want to take visits first and was in no rush. It most definitely was confusing all the way around.

Myself, I simply said this is far from over and even predicted he’d never sign with Minnesota or ever wear a Minnesota uniform. Again, we shall see. GBR

Maybe the donors check bounced???

Dickerson said last night after the game on HuskerOnline that he is 100% committed to Minnesota and PJ Fleck.
Yeeeaaahhhhh but so is every other recruit committed somewhere before a flip happens soooooo some are even 110%

Oh there was definitely some talk of that. I’d welcome him fwiw.
I never heard that directly, but one could have deduced it from local "experts" saying that Kody Bretz was the best player on Westside's team. And then there was the report that Dickenson disappeared mysteriously at the Dream Academy Showcase in July after getting beat on an early rep. And the speculation as to why Dickerson hasn't tested in the 40 since running a 4.37 back in the summer of 2019. So one can start wondering after hearing all of that. But the bottom line to me is that Bretz is a fantastic athlete and there's no shame in being the 2nd best on the Westside team behind Bretz. And of course, if you've run a 4.37 at two different events, why should he have had to test this summer?

He's a good prospect and it would be nice to have him.

Dickerson said last night after the game on HuskerOnline that he is 100% committed to Minnesota and PJ Fleck.
Yeeeaaahhhhh but so is every other recruit committed somewhere before a flip happens soooooo some are even 110%

that’s just it, you are right. It seems like every player that eventually flips, claims they are completely committed to the team they are currently committed too.

Chris Paul recruitment comes to mind as an example. Up to the day he decommited from the Huskers, he kept saying he was 100% committed to the Huskers and Frost and then literally hours later decommitted. Then eventually deleted his posts about being 100% committed to the Huskers after being called out.

Last edited:
Reactions: headcard
Who was the source of this thread to begin with? Sir Yacht?
Nope. If it was Sir Yacht, he would have predicted about 15 different transfer scenarios as "imminent" "for sure" and "happening this weekend" over a 3 - 4 week period.

Then, when one of them finally happened, you'd hear " see, Sir Yacht was right"!

Everyone is 100% committed to the team they commit to, until they’re not... at which point they’ll be 100% committed to their new team...

the reality of recruiting in today’s landscape is not one player is 100% committed until the ink dries... and then at that point it’s still questionable with how easy it is to transfer now. It seems like any more You have to constantly recruit these kids until their Eligibility is up

Reactions: huskerssalts
that’s just it, you are right. It seems like every player that eventually flips, claims they are completely committed to the team they are currently committed too.

Chris Paul recruitment comes to mind as an example. Up to the day he decommited from the Huskers, he kept saying he was 100% committed to the Huskers and Frost and then literally hours later decommitted. Then eventually deleted his posts about being 100% committed to the Huskers after being called out.
That’s what I’m sayin. Personally I think the line is getting past your first year in a program. Until that point, it’s just lip service

That’s what I’m sayin. Personally I think the line is getting past your first year in a program. Until that point, it’s just lip service

right, the transfer portal has changed the game. It honestly doesn’t matter where the players end up, they could eventually transfer out to another team a year or two later (or he’ll, as soon as a few months later after getting to campus and settled in....Gray, Greene and Francois).

Reactions: baseball31ne
right, the transfer portal has changed the game. It honestly doesn’t matter where the players end up, they could eventually transfer out to another team a year or two later (or he’ll, as soon as a few months later after getting to campus and settled in....Gray, Greene and Francois).
Personally I think the transfer portal will die out in the next 3-5 years. The pattern shows that probably 9/10 times when you enter it, you’re ending up at an FCS, very low FBS, or even D2. Kids will recognize that at some point. They’ll see their best move is to make the most of the position they are in. To clarify, I’m talking about players voluntarily doing it, not being dismissed from a team. Those dismissed likely will be 9.5/10 times. Obviously always the outliers

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT