ADVERTISEMENT

Sooners opener on PPV for $55

my wife just talked with me about this yesterday. IF we have football and no fans are able to attend. If we went PPV for a few games and had the revenue go to both schools that would at least help with the giant gap in funding for FY 2020-2021. (keep the new training facility timeline on track) I didn't like forking out 39.99 for PPV games back in the big 12 days but i would gladly do it now if i knew funding went straight to the school.

$55 is a lot less than a ticket to the game. Plus you are comfy in your recliner, don’t have to wait in line to use the bathroom, and can enjoy reasonably priced beer and snacks.

Would you pay $55 to watch the Huskers play on Sept 12th? I’ll wager many of you would.

Call up ten people and pay 5 bucks....I'd probably do it at this point.

Interesting to see how Petrino does in his debut for the Bears, but it will be ugly

my wife just talked with me about this yesterday. IF we have football and no fans are able to attend. If we went PPV for a few games and had the revenue go to both schools that would at least help with the giant gap in funding for FY 2020-2021. (keep the new training facility timeline on track) I didn't like forking out 39.99 for PPV games back in the big 12 days but i would gladly do it now if i knew funding went straight to the school.
if me paying $40 a game means I get to watch a game, ok. Sure, I'd prefer not to, but if PPV means there is B1G football. ok.

Reactions: tk39
I'd pay it for all of our games. Its much cheaper than plane fare to Omaha, renting a car, staying in a hotel, eating too many Runzas, ticket to the game and having no room to squeeze into those tight stadium seats.

He will do poorly. School just doesn't care about football. Facilities are poor.

Community doesn’t care, Smart loves football and has been trying, agreed facilities are lacking, but the lack of connection to the community is the real issue.

OU has a rights' agreement to broadcast one game a year on its platform, PPV. Last year it was the Army game. Generates ~$4 million in tier 3 revenue for the program. Texas does the same on Longhorn Network. The rest of us minions are relegated to ESPN Plus from time-to-time. TxT's opener gets Plus'd.

Community doesn’t care, Smart loves football and has been trying, agreed facilities are lacking, but the lack of connection to the community is the real issue.

Agree with that as well. No one cares a bit.

OU has a rights' agreement to broadcast one game a year on its platform, PPV. Last year it was the Army game. Generates ~$4 million in tier 3 revenue for the program. Texas does the same on Longhorn Network. The rest of us minions are relegated to ESPN Plus from time-to-time. TxT's opener gets Plus'd.
you voted for it

Reactions: Bugeater
you voted for it
Well, I didn't have a vote, personally. But the B12 seems healthy today. And with it, K-State has absolutely exploded financially and with facilities.

Bruce Weber and now Chris Klieman are damn fine coaches. So, the school is in a far better place today than in the old Big 8 as shown by the "Futility U" piece I linked above.

Well, I didn't have a vote, personally. But the B12 seems healthy today. And with it, K-State has absolutely exploded financially and with facilities.

Bruce Weber and now Chris Klieman are damn fine coaches. So, the school is in a far better place today than in the old Big 8 as shown by the "Futility U" piece I linked above.

Sure but your school voted to allow Texas and OU to run the show. It's cool that you are making decent money, but I would bet that if A&M and Nebraska were in the league instead of TCU and West Virginia, and everyone voted against the Longhorn Network and voted for a Big 12 network, the money would be a whole lot more.

Actually, aTm is where Aggie should be, away from the Texas shade. But Missouri is a lost child in the SEC. CU has always been culturally a better fit in the P12.

WVU is culturally a great fit here, but geography is nuts, isn't it. I'd love for N and Missouri to return but understand the chances of that are nil.

I can't believe the Jumbo didn't complain about the middle plane seat, compact rental car & Microtel Inn...

For your information Mr. Name caller, I just lost 65 lbs in six months. I can eat Runzas but only one per meal as they're only 500-600 calories. Get all the information first before jumping to conclusions.

For your information Mr. Name caller, I just lost 65 lbs in six months. I can eat Runzas but only one per meal as they're only 500-600 calories. Get all the information first before jumping to conclusions.
Okay, but it's your face that makes you look fat, Potsie.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT