ADVERTISEMENT

Sooners and 'Horns are gone, who's next?

TDLaww2020

Walk On
Dec 6, 2017
As much as i want to see the Big 12 stay afloat, I don't like their chances, and at this rate within the next 5 years i don't see the big 12 existing anymore. With that being said, I think the best option for the Big 10 to go for is Kansas and Iowa. Kansas i choose since not only does the university have some of the best academics, but their basketball program can bring some needed attention to the Big 10 and their basketball mantra. The reason why i selected Iowa State is mainly for the in-state rivalry with Iowa, but also the Cyclones can twist the football scene with upsets and good performances (A little bit like Indiana). This also provides more western coverage thats near Nebraska. Now would this help recruiting in those states? Not sure.

My dark horse candidate is the notoriously discussed Notre Dame. I can't say anything that hasn't already been repeated but adding the Irish would throw in a nice golden wrench to the conference standings.

Very interested to see how things turn out, I might have to hop onto NCAA Football 14 with these new conferences and have a little fun!

As much as i want to see the Big 12 stay afloat, I don't like their chances, and at this rate within the next 5 years i don't see the big 12 existing anymore. With that being said, I think the best option for the Big 10 to go for is Kansas and Iowa. Kansas i choose since not only does the university have some of the best academics, but their basketball program can bring some needed attention to the Big 10 and their basketball mantra. The reason why i selected Iowa State is mainly for the in-state rivalry with Iowa, but also the Cyclones can twist the football scene with upsets and good performances (A little bit like Indiana). This also provides more western coverage thats near Nebraska. Now would this help recruiting in those states? Not sure.

My dark horse candidate is the notoriously discussed Notre Dame. I can't say anything that hasn't already been repeated but adding the Irish would throw in a nice golden wrench to the conference standings.

Very interested to see how things turn out, I might have to hop onto NCAA Football 14 with these new conferences and have a little fun!
I think adding Kansas and Iowa State would be great news for Nebraska. They are close by venues giving Husker fans some easy road games in old familiar places. I doubt it happens though. And it might be good for our recruiting if those schools and others in the Big 12 are forced to migrate to lesser lesser conferences like the Pac 12 or even to non P5 conferences. Maybe the Big 12 stays intact and simply adds Houston, SMU, Memphis…. That is also unlikely since the ball is already rolling for teams like WVU to bolt

We're gonna get Kansas, ISU and the eight AAU schools in the Pac 12 (Arizona, USC, UCLA, Cal, Stanford, Colorado, Oregon and Washington) to make a 24-team conference, split into three or four divisions and force the SEC to keep up, which it will do by adding eight ACC teams (Clemson, Virginia, VaTech, Miami, Florida State, Louisville, North Carolina and Notre Dame.)

We'll be left with two power conferences (48 programs) that declare themselves independent of the NCAA and that will organize its own playoff to determine a national champion.

NFL Lite.

We're gonna get Kansas, ISU and the eight AAU schools in the Pac 12 (Arizona, USC, UCLA, Cal, Stanford, Colorado, Oregon and Washington) to make a 24-team conference, split into three or four divisions and force the SEC to keep up, which it will do by adding eight ACC teams (Clemson, Virginia, VaTech, Miami, Florida State, Louisville, North Carolina and Notre Dame.)

We'll be left with two power conferences (48 programs) that declare themselves independent of the NCAA and that will organize its own playoff to determine a national champion.

NFL Lite.
I think you’re on the right track, but do you really think the Pac-12 will have over half their teams be invited into the B1G and the B1G still inviting KU and ISU too?

Reactions: MIZ...SEC
When the Texas and OU rumors started last week I said it wouldn't happen....I was wrrrrrr...I was wroooooonnn......wrong.
Well the new rumor is Florida St and Clemson from the ACC and Ohio St and Michigan from the B1G will be joining the SEC Mega conference…

Well the new rumor is Florida St and Clemson from the ACC and Ohio St and Michigan from the B1G will be joining the SEC Mega conference…

Texas and OU I could see.

Florida State would sleep with anybody. They have always been a natural fit for the SEC.

Clemson is on fire now, but not a historically great program. They need the ACC.

Remember people....Kevin Warren is our Commissioner. I expect him to do nothing but shit the bed.
It's entirely possible he hasn't yet heard about OU and Texas moving.

Once he does, his first action will likely be to call the SEC commish to find out exactly how poaching OU and Texas moves forward issues of social justice, and to ask his advice on next move the BIG should make. From a woke standpoint, of course.

NFL Lite.
we need at least 2 texas teams for recruiting in texas, I know houston has a recruiting area, not sure which other school...actually 3 would be better

NFL Lite.

North Carolina and Duke will never split up. Dream on....

NFL Lite.
Why stop at 24 teams? The Big 10 could buyout the SEC network, every NFL team, Disney, then they can takeover the world. Nothing is stopping conference expansion.

the big could just get every college football team, pac , big 12, nd, byu, miami, you name it...
then just boycott play with the sec or pay from espn.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT