ADVERTISEMENT

Soni Fonua “N”?

Agree we have "other backs," but I am not sure who in that bunch we can "rely" on. I would not rely on Washington although hia role will need to increase but after that you have names, that is all.

Since you asked, not counting on Washington because he is the starter..

Jaylin - Lets see what he accomplishes in the spring.

Jamir - Get’s first look and has the explosiveness, the injury to Thompkins makes him step up..

Ronald Thompkins- very explosive would have been the perfect back if he wouldn’t have had a knee injury..

Wyatt Mazour- some where down the line he can help out if worse comes to worse.

Last edited:
I'm sure James is pretty important to them. We don't really have any true CBs in this class, do we?[/QUOTE
Gates would make 4 dbs..atleast 3 can play corner. 4 dbs last year. Miles jones
I'm sure James is pretty important to them. We don't really have any true CBs in this class, do we?[/QUOT
Pola gates makes 4 dbs atleast 3 can play corner. 4 last yr..3 possible corners. Miles jones, johnson and thompkins this yr are versatile athletes who could play db. Multiple position players.. They have said that is their philosophy.

Since you asked, not counting on Washington because he is the starter..

Jaylin Bryant- Lets see what he accomplishes in the spring.

Jamir Johnson- Get’s first look and has the explosiveness, the injury to Thompkins makes him step up..

Ronald Thompkins- very explosive would have been the perfect back if he wouldn’t have had a knee injury..

Wyatt Mazour- some where down the line he can help out if worse comes to worse.

If necessary they will pick up Blind..

Who are Jaylin Bryant, Jamir Johnson, and Blind?

I know we have Defensive Backs in this class, but no real true CBs. Most of those guys will end up at S and there was talk of one of them eventually ending up at OLB.

@mrruffin10

Reactions: aliseanderson
Sounds like Parker did not like the snow/cold. Probably not going to sign him. Need to put the full-court press on Jordan.

I know we have Defensive Backs in this class, but no real true CBs. Most of those guys will end up at S and there was talk of one of them eventually ending up at OLB.

@mrruffin10
I trust the staff and judging by how they have been recruiting they think they are fine at corner..one corner scheduled in last 3 dates. Pola gates is listed as corner on some sites

https://journalstar.com/sports/husk...cle_474ebcac-fae6-5d5b-ae05-e979b91d6cb8.html
Soni Fonua is from Utah originally, so a January snowstorm is nothing new.

The junior college outside linebacker, though, couldn’t help but be impressed by what he saw during his official visit to Nebraska this weekend.

Fonua, a 6-foot-4, 265-pounder currently at Mesa (Ariz.) Community College, made the trip with his brother and said he interacted most with outside linebackers coach Jovan Dewitt and running backs coach Ryan Held.
He also said he left campus with an understanding of how he could fit in the Husker defense.

“(Coach Dewitt) sees the vision for me,” Fonua said. “That’s what he told me. He said he wants me to come in and get the job done and do what’s right.” Those coaches are amazing – two of the best coaches I’ve ever talked to and it was great to actually get to know them,” said Fonua, who in nine games for Mesa C.C. had 51 tackles (16.5 for loss) and a half sack.

The Salt Lake City native and relative of senior defensive tackle Vaha Vainuku has three years of eligibility to play two seasons and is planning on signing with a team in February. He is currently slated to visit Central Florida next weekend and then Oklahoma State and Kansas in the final two weekends before signing day.
It’s no secret the Huskers are looking for help at outside linebacker and also that scholarship numbers are already getting tight. NU has between four and six spots available depending on what happens with verbal commitments Dedrick Mills (Garden City C.C.) and Desmond Bland (Arizona Western). Fonua and high school outside linebacker Steven Parker (Dallas) were both on campus this weekend, and the Huskers are slated to host Dylan Jordan (Pittsburg, Kansas) later this month. Only time will tell how those number shake out and whether NU is willing to take one or two pass-rushers with their remaining spots.

The Huskers also hosted four-star wide receiver Charles Njoku (Wayne, New Jersey) and three-star cornerback DJ James (Spanish Fort, Alabama) this weekend.

Last edited:
Everybody not built for it...thought he was high on kansas? Guess he can take his ass to sorry texas tech
Lol..not trashing him..just based on the schools he is down to..nu and kansas are cold..so if he doesnt like the cold he is bound for texas tech. I thought I read he liked it but this guy is saying he didnt like it

Lol..not trashing him..just based on the schools he is down to..nu and kansas are cold..so if he doesnt like the cold he is bound for texas tech. I thought I read he liked it but this guy is saying he didnt like it
You know these kids sometimes surprise us, some say they really love it but sign else where, and then you get one Luke warm and on signing day they choose NU

Sheesh, we don’t even know whats going on yet. I don’t like the cold or snow either yet here I stay..
I love it!! When I was in high school alot of my friends would go skiing in Colorado during Christmas break.,..we didn't have holiday tournaments....they would always ask me if I wanted to go along. I said heck no. Every weekend I'm doing chores all day trapsing through the snow. Why would I want to go sit in a snowbank for fun?

I know it's different, but just never excited me.

Back to the subject. I like all four seasons. Just want them when they are supposed to happen. Winter in winter and a real spring and a real fall. None of this right from winter to summer garbage.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9and4
I love it!! When I was in high school alot of my friends would go skiing in Colorado during Christmas break.,..we didn't have holiday tournaments....they would always ask me if I wanted to go along. I said heck no. Every weekend I'm doing chores all day trapsing through the snow. Why would I want to go sit in a snowbank for fun?

I know it's different, but just never excited me.

Back to the subject. I like all four seasons. Just want them when they are supposed to happen. Winter in winter and a real spring and a real fall. None of this right from sintwi to summer garbage.
I'm with ya, days like yesterday I don't miss having livestock, hog waters would freeze and self feeders would plug, cattle it would darn near take all day to clean bunks make sure tank or other sources of water weren't frozen. Then you feed, nothing like a open winter so cattle can feed on corn milo stalks

Reactions: huskerfan66
Probably referencing his sorry ass seems like trashing him to some... I kind of got that impression too. Sounds like unintended though.

Probably referencing his sorry ass seems like trashing him to some... I kind of got that impression too. Sounds like unintended though.
I hear you..i said go to sorry texas tech...wasnt calling the kid sorry. Kid could be a first round draft pick but still view texas tech football experience as sorry

Reactions: timnsun
I hear you..i said go to sorry texas tech...wasnt calling the kid sorry. Kid could be a first round draft pick but still view texas tech football experience as sorry
My bad as well. For some reason when I first read it I read sorry ass, not sorry TT. Funny how the eyes can play tricks on a person.

Yep. You said take his ass to sorry Texas tech. Funny thing is when I read it the first time I thought it read sorry ass to Texas tech too.

There was a study done awhile back about partial and misspelled words and how people can still read them. I think it applies here too. Unless a lot of us are dyslexic!!!!

Not likely that anybody from this weekend is N (at least yet) if you didn't see any celebratory tweets from the coaches.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Not true, he counts toward the 25 as soon as he signs his scholarship paperwork, the NCAA changed this in August of 2017. We are back dating 5 to the 2018 class to get to 30, but transfers count now.
Not likely that anybody from this weekend is N (at least yet) if you didn't see any celebratory tweets from the coaches.
Our coaches do celebratory tweets before the kids announce?

I think most of those who visited this weekend won't announce until Signing Day, as they all have multiple visits lined up over the next few weeks.

Is NPG projecting to CB or Safety?

He just had a butt-load of CB picks for us this morning on 247, and where he goes, so goes MPM, his 4 star cousin, it looks like. So, I'd say we have a great shot of landing both of them now. Thats 1 stud 4 star DB and 1 4 star NT project.

He just had a butt-load of CB picks for us this morning on 247, and where he goes, so goes MPM, his 4 star cousin, it looks like. So, I'd say we have a great shot of landing both of them now. Thats 1 stud 4 star DB and 1 4 star NT project.
Butt-load?

Getting MPM would allow us to start Piper out at OL, which would be awesome.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT