ADVERTISEMENT

SOMEWHAT OT: Is Ohio State on the way to becoming......

Mar 23, 2015
a generational dynasty. Much like USC, then Florida, and then Bama. Yes, and just like your dynasty teams.

Is tOSU going to become a dynasty, which will continue to win champtionships, say, at least 2 within the next 4 years per say. With a lot of wins, and nothing but major(formelry BCS) bowl games?

My money is simply 50/50 at this point. The playoff system will make it difficult for teams to repeat. BUT........tOSU has all the goods at this point to possibly accomplish this.

Last round of bowls not withstanding, the B1G has not been great, so by virtue of an "easy" conference, they will be in the hunt. If you win any conference obviously you have a shot. OSU should win this conference more often than not so I would have to say it's at least possible. They are also the type of school that even if Meyer leaves, they will call the 1"-800-need a badass-coach" hotline and get one.

I think it depends on Hargod and Michigan as well. If he gets them rolling, OSU probably isn't going to get into the playoffs with a loss to them late in the season, so Michigan will be their biggest obstacle to doing so IMO.

Originally posted by HawktimusPrime:
a generational dynasty. Much like USC, then Florida, and then Bama. Yes, and just like your dynasty teams.

Is tOSU going to become a dynasty, which will continue to win champtionships, say, at least 2 within the next 4 years per say. With a lot of wins, and nothing but major(formelry BCS) bowl games?

My money is simply 50/50 at this point. The playoff system will make it difficult for teams to repeat. BUT........tOSU has all the goods at this point to possibly accomplish this.
Within the B1G, I don't see any team poised to challenge the supremacy of OSU (at least at this time). Nationally, OSU has great recruiting, an embarrassment of QB talent, one of the best coaches in CFB, and the appropriate level of national publicity (not to be underestimated) to make a dynastic type run. Here's hoping the rising tide lifts all boats.

They arguably are already on dynasty status if you bear in mind that they went undefeated when they were still on probation. Short of that snake eating its own tail, it's hard to see how they're not a perennial Top-5 program with the way they're recruiting and Meyer's proven ability as a coach.

You're going to see OSU and Alabama in that conversation more years than not.

The B1G was underrated; we tend to improve as the season moves on. tOSU will be heavily dependent on who their qb is; its been the way it is - they fell into 3 phenoms. No; there is enough tradition and moxie in the B!G to upset them from time to time; even Iowa. Coach Riley has a tradition of being a near, or true giant killer from time to time; with far less talent. ....An 8 team playoff will benefit the B!G; anything less is writers and money changers trying to maintain control. If there wasn't a 4 team playoff this year, we aren't having this conversation. Even then a month before choices; they were trying to slip 3 SEC teams in (who got whacked elsewhere ). GBR

The answer is yes, at least for the next season. I believe they are going to run roughshot over all of College football next season, not just the BIG.

Keep in mind though part of their current run was spawned by some generational type players. Now you might say Ohio State is recruiting elite talent and will always be elite. That may be true to some extent.

But keep in mind some dudes like Bosa, Elliot, Taylor Decker, and Pete Elfein are all generational type players. Cardale Jones was a 3 Star, JT Barret was the #7 ranked QB in the Class of 2013. Both of those dudes are considered the #1 NFL QB prospects in their draft classes. Say what you want about Urban Meyer, his coaching, his recruiting, evaluating, etc, but that's just dumb mother effing luck.

Will Ohio State always rebuild? Sure, and they will always have NFL talent. Urban will always be able to attract top notch talent, and he can coach, no doubt about it.

But Ohio State has been an 11 or 12 win program for the last 15 years. Sometimes you need some fortune to bounce your way. The 2014 National Title team potentially had 12 first round draft picks starting.

Will they win it again in 2015? Yes, I believe they will repeat. Does that classify as a dynasty? Maybe, but lets see how they proceed after some big time studs leave the program for the 2016 draft.

The trouble when throwing around labels like "Dynasty" is that it make an all or nothing proposition. If they win multiple National Championships,over a given period, then they are just doing the expected. The reality is that no championship much less multiple ones are a given. If they don't then they fall into the failure or overrated category.

The reality is that OSU will be in contention for championships, or at least they should be over the next few years. At this point that's all anyone can realistically predict.

They've fallen into our trap. Eichorst had a plan all along...and it's working to perfection. Beck is still on payroll..and will be mixing female hormones into the egg salad at Ohio State's training table when fall camp rolls around. What a visionary the man is. Diabolical, I tell you..

Originally posted by Mr.Scary13:

I'd take that bet... I say OSU doesn't sniff another championship under UM.
Sounds like alot of jealousy to me...what do you base that senseless statement on?
Hate would be my guess.

Thank - you... I totally agree our AD has been a master planner; we are very lucky. BUT , YOU , HAVE OPENED my eyes to the next levels; the 6th column. He will get becked; and of course the undercurrent of Bo being in Ohio and undermining Urbans recruiting. And now ; with carl added to their defense; he will be down on everything else.

Bingo! I wonder how long it will be before Nebby sniffs a championship?
Originally posted by Superpup:

Sounds like alot of jealousy to me...what do you base that senseless statement on?
Hate would be my guess.

Originally posted by St_Henry_Buckeye:
Bingo! I wonder how long it will be before Nebby sniffs a championship?

You will find most Husker fans are very complimentary of your program and respect it, no reason to come to our board and act like that.

If you're expecting 100% of Huskers fans to line up and shower you with praise and bow down to you, that's a you problem.

St Henry you get your feelings hurt every time you visit this board. If you expect this to be a OSU circle jerk board maybe you are in the wrong place?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I imagine they will be "favored" to win the Big Ten most of the years that Meyer is there...that probably puts you in the playoff each year...I would think that they could be on their way.

Speaking of sniffing, lay off the glue, dude.

Originally posted by JohnRossEwing:
I imagine they will be "favored" to win the Big Ten most of the years that Meyer is there...that probably puts you in the playoff each year...I would think that they could be on their way.
For the next few years at least, I concur.

Hate would be my guess.
Jealous of OSU? Whatever....lol
This post was edited on 4/19 11:50 AM by Mr.Scary13

Few have been better ever, and even fewer the last 15 years. Dynasty- that's subjective based on who' arguing.

What happened to Alabama this year? The SEC? Did I miss something ; they are never to return? I get it; they were acting like they were in their own universe and they disappeared through a warp? /// The SEC Dynasty thought and that they should have all 4 spots in the playoffs lasted what? A couple months. We the B1G slipped in there; great. butt.............

It's funny how you can sum up their dynasty in two words: Urban Meyer. Just like ours was Tom Osborne. Could the next be Mike Reilly?

Originally posted by Rocky Mtn Husker:
It's funny how you can sum up their dynasty in two words: Urban Meyer. Just like ours was Tom Osborne. Could the next be Mike Reilly?
I'm thinking Bo Pelini at Youngstown State.

Hate would be my guess.
Jealous of OSU? Whatever....lol
This post was edited on 4/19 11:50 AM by Mr.Scary13
Ok, then your not jealous,who cares. Facts say otherwise on another Championship.

Possibly - as long as Urban Meyer is there. The rest of the Big 10 will need to step it up a notch, which is one of the reasons Bo needed to go.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT