ADVERTISEMENT

Something not commented on

Agree lots of big hits, nothing dirty... Martinez led his WRs into some bad situations

We have a lot of short receivers. In a cover 2 the ball has to have enough loft to get over the LB or whoever has intermediate depth.
Unfortunately that requires shorter receivers to have to go airborn in many instances.

Same with seem passes - need to put enough loft on the ball to clear the underneath coverage

Some other things not always talked about: Mills fumbling in 3 of 4 games, Martinez turning over too much and missing badly on too many ‘touch’ passes, Noa dropping a critical 3rd down catch right in his bread basket (a la Austin Allen last week), Bootle looking up at the TD pass and not trying to make a play on it, everything about special teams right now, absolute failure from the 1/2 yard line going backwards and getting zero points, several instances of bad tackling and/or poor angles.

I still think we’re showing improvement and are coming into our own. With all the “lows” there’s plenty of “highs”. But there’s so much that needs to get tightened up and we’re 4 games into the season. Time is running out for us to play more consistent if we wanna win some of these upcoming games.

Lovie teaches hard physical tackles. His Bear teams tackled hard. He trys to live on turnovers.

Reactions: dpnavy
Some other things not always talked about: Mills fumbling in 3 of 4 games, Martinez turning over too much and missing badly on too many ‘touch’ passes, Noa dropping a critical 3rd down catch right in his bread basket (a la Austin Allen last week), Bootle looking up at the TD pass and not trying to make a play on it, everything about special teams right now, absolute failure from the 1/2 yard line going backwards and getting zero points, several instances of bad tackling and/or poor angles.

I still think we’re showing improvement and are coming into our own. With all the “lows” there’s plenty of “highs”. But there’s so much that needs to get tightened up and we’re 4 games into the season. Time is running out for us to play more consistent if we wanna win some of these upcoming games.

Very good post sir.

Yeah, just as you state, it was a wild and crazy combination sir. Noa dropping that easy 3rd down pass really did sting to be sure. But again as you state, there's endless good improvement with the Oline, AMart, Washington, ect, ect "but" we had brutal fumbles & penalties everywhere.

I was surprised that Illinois defense really hit "hard" all game long. JoJo and other blackshirts hit viciously also. Again, just as you say, we indeed have endless "highs" & "lows". I just don't know what to think.

Reactions: HominidHusker
Another play that will get overlooked yesterday was Peters underthrowing his open WR by 10 yards which woulda been a TD putting them up 28-7. Taylor-Britt got the INT instead, and we put together a scoring drive to make it 21-14. That was a big moment.

I like the run where 2 of their players were down. big gainer looked good on film

Another play that will get overlooked yesterday was Peters underthrowing his open WR by 10 yards which woulda been a TD putting them up 28-7. Taylor-Britt got the INT instead, and we put together a scoring drive to make it 21-14. That was a big moment.

Yes, thank God their qb was horrible! Of course, on the other hand, if we don't fumble the ball everywhere and/or get penalized everywhere we win a lot easier. What a wild game.....Holy Moly!!

I didn't like the commercial that said, "you have a lot of imagination for a man on a plane to omaha" that was a clear attack on nebraska on national tv.

Fair post

Great analysis. This is spot on.

related to commercials .. I was watching on the BTN/FOX SPORTS APP

does anyone know of anywhere one could go to look at refinancing student loans?
I know people with lot of student debt and that just isn't right

images

sofi-time-to-get-your-student-loans-right-small-4.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
My uncle Giuseppe might be able to help. He helps people with consolidation loans. Very high interest and if you miss a payment, look out. But at least you will have your student loans payed off

I didn't like the commercial that said, "you have a lot of imagination for a man on a plane to omaha" that was a clear attack on nebraska on national tv.

related to commercials .. I was watching on the BTN/FOX SPORTS APP

does anyone know of anywhere one could go to look at refinancing student loans?
I know people with lot of student debt and that just isn't right

images

sofi-time-to-get-your-student-loans-right-small-4.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

If you want to have a chance of it being forgiven later after ten years w no missed payments, it HAS to be a DIRECT consolidation w the govt when you finish, NOT with a bank or private loan corporation.

If you want to have a chance of it being forgiven later after ten years w no missed payments, it HAS to be a DIRECT consolidation w the govt when you finish, NOT with a bank or private loan corporation.
I heard one has to work for a non profit or government agency for that 10 years to get the forgiveness. I think the people who need to be taken to task are the colleges raising tuition in multiples of inflation and hiring more administrators with the money, instead of enhancing the educational and job opportunities for the students with it.

The schools should at least tell the students what kind of degrees to get to have better job prospects instead of just selling them worthless degrees they can't make a living with, e.g. social sciences. They are ok, maybe, but there just are hardly any jobs around utilizing those degrees.

The schools, if they are going to do that to students, should co-sign their loans in some way, perhaps. Maybe that's what those kids should be protesting. JMO

Reactions: Cornhuski
Thanks for reminding me.. when did Cam Taylor become Cam Taylor-Britt?

And tOSU comes in next week. JD is not big enough to go over the middle like that. We need to design routes that fit our receivers better.
Serious? You think JD will just tell Frost, "Sorry Coach, these guys are too big and I'm afraid!!"

Thanks for reminding me.. when did Cam Taylor become Cam Taylor-Britt?

Beginning of this season. Britt is his step dads last name, so he added it to his jersey in honor of his step dad who help raise him.

It’s a pretty cool story. Google it, I’m sure you’ll find a couple articles.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
this staff has brought in a bunch of WRs - we need to start seeing some production from some of them other than Wandale

WR is a position where freshman should be able to get on the field
Outside of Wandale and Spielman we haven't seen much production

we need a few bigger bodies as well - Betts should help if he makes it on campus

1 Wan'Dale Robinson WR 5-10 190 Fr. Frankfort, Ky. / Western Hills
3 Jamie Nance WR 6-0 170 Fr. Blanchard, Okla. / Blanchard
4 Jaevon McQuitty WR 6-0 200 So. Columbia, Mo. / Battle
5 Demariyon Houston WR 6-0 180 Fr. Oklahoma City, Okla. / Millwood
8 Jaron Woodyard WR 5-11 185 Sr. Gaithersburg, Md. / Arizona Western CC/The Avalon School
9 Kanawai Noa WR 6-0 200 Sr. Honolulu, Hawaii / Punahou
10 JD Spielman WR 5-9 180 Jr. Eden Prairie, Minn. / Eden Prairie
13 Darien Chase WR 6-1 200 Fr. Vancouver, Wash. / Union
15 Andre Hunt WR 6-0 190 R-Fr. Palm Dale, Calif. / Paraclete
19 Mike Williams WR 5-10 180 Sr. Lake City, Fla. / East Miss. CC/Georgia Southern/Columbia
22 Miles Jones WR 5-8 175 R-Fr. Miramar, Fla. / American Heritage
81 Kade Warner WR 6-1 210 So. Scottsdale, Ariz. / Desert Mountain

Reactions: HominidHusker
No recievers other than JD and Wandale are getting open. We have almost no catches from any other receiver. Will it hurt to try other guys? I'd love to see some of them

And tOSU comes in next week. JD is not big enough to go over the middle like that. We need to design routes that fit our receivers better.

You have to take what the defense will give you and thats splitting the two safeties. Kind of surprised we couldn't get our tight ends in that zone.

You have to take what the defense will give you and thats splitting the two safeties. Kind of surprised we couldn't get our tight ends in that zone.

I was yelling the same thing during the game..

Where are the Tight Ends.

ADVERTISEMENT